You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Caljostro

How do you report insults and threats via private chat with the in-game mechanics ?

23 comments in this topic

[UN]
Weekend Tester
849 posts
20,030 battles

Ok, what happens ingame, stays ingame. But what if someone just doesn't know when to stop it, and continues his name calling and life threats via ingame chat ? If you open a ticket, you have to explicitly acknowledge that CS will not process insults, and that you are to use the in-game reporting feature. (Which we all know does jack.) Anyway, there is no option to right-click report someone outside of a game, is there ?

P.S.: Funny thing, a few weeks ago, local Facebook managers were arrested because Facebook Germany did not act against reported racism postings. Joint liability and omission. Go figure....

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,667 battles

I'm pretty sure you can file a report through the support system. Just remember to take screenshots But it will probably be as effective as the ingame one, as they will need several reports to act. One can not know if you taunted him ingame for instance, which lead to the out-of game outburst.

Beta Tester
814 posts
13,613 battles

Next patch you will be able to mute [edited] during the game.

Until then... ignore them the best you can.

Edited by BigBadVuk
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.

Players
1,186 posts
4,658 battles

Threats of bodily harm and the like are punishable by law, aren't they? Aren't WG obligated to follow up such incidents, or at least facilitate legal pursuit?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,155 posts
2,248 battles

If you are contacted via PM after a match and insulted, simply send a screenshot to customer support and they will issue an appropriate sanction.

Please only do this for serious insults, otherwise simply use the ignore function :)

[RATON]
Beta Tester
272 posts
3,547 battles

If you are contacted via PM after a match and insulted, simply send a screenshot to customer support and they will issue an appropriate sanction.

Please only do this for serious insults, otherwise simply use the ignore function :)

So not for "your mom" jokes?

• Cool 1

Players
1,428 posts

Threats of bodily harm and the like are punishable by law, aren't they? Aren't WG obligated to follow up such incidents, or at least facilitate legal pursuit?

No rhey don't have to follow up by law. They can be forced to facilitate legal pursuit. But it might be a better idea just to report it to customer support.

Players
213 posts
53 battles

This and remember that you will not know what action is taken for this kind of ticket.

[OILUP]
Beta Tester
1,411 posts
8,599 battles

What? How can people not like getting hate mail, I don't understand this. Here we have a guy losing his marbles and producing himself especially for your persona, only for you to replay on the very end 'ur moma' and enjoy more of his impotent rage.

Edited by WhiskeyWolf
  • Cool 1

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,531 battles

Ok, what happens ingame, stays ingame. But what if someone just doesn't know when to stop it, and continues his name calling and life threats via ingame chat ? If you open a ticket, you have to explicitly acknowledge that CS will not process insults, and that you are to use the in-game reporting feature. (Which we all know does jack.) Anyway, there is no option to right-click report someone outside of a game, is there ?

P.S.: Funny thing, a few weeks ago, local Facebook managers were arrested because Facebook Germany did not act against reported racism postings. Joint liability and omission. Go figure....

You do not need to open ticket or report or complain or make topics about it on forum, all you need to do is put that person on ignore. SIMPLE. 

P.s. i personally do not use Facebook, but if the lack of freedom of expression has really gone so far that people get arrested for what is written in some shitty internet page, then Europe is not far from north Korea, not far indeed. 

Players
1,186 posts
4,658 battles

P.s. i personally do not use Facebook, but if the lack of freedom of expression has really gone so far that people get arrested for what is written in some shitty internet page, then Europe is not far from north Korea, not far indeed. 

I don't know where you live, but in Europe legal sanctions mostly cover libel and threats. Germany is obviously more sensitive when it comes to racism. Comparing Europe's freedom of expression to North Korea is extreme hyperbole which is impossible to take seriously by anyone. Instead, you should be worried of your rights to digital privacy and for some EU countries even privacy in general. A lot of dubious laws are being passed under the guise of preventing terrorism.
  • Cool 1

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester
184 posts

(...) a few weeks ago, local Facebook managers were arrested because Facebook Germany did not act against reported racism postings. (...)

Nonsense. Source?

Players
213 posts
53 battles

I don't know where you live, but in Europe legal sanctions mostly cover libel and threats. Germany is obviously more sensitive when it comes to racism. Comparing Europe's freedom of expression to North Korea is extreme hyperbole which is impossible to take seriously by anyone. Instead, you should be worried of your rights to digital privacy and for some EU countries even privacy in general. A lot of dubious laws are being passed under the guise of preventing terrorism.

This, Europe is as free as the US but there are things that we, Americans, find odd but at the same time Europeans find many things we as Americans take for granted odd too. Different strokes for different folks.

Players
3 posts

[edited]

[edited]

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

Beta Tester
789 posts
1,620 battles
quoted post removed

Say what?
Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

Players
284 posts
3,020 battles

Hah, very simple. You troll them so hard they pop a blood vessel and as they are about to unleash the fury of a thousand cats trapped in a box shaken in a paint blender on their keyboards, you just right click and ignore.

Then you fire up your victory movie as it depicts their IRL reaction flawlessly.

Players
6 posts

quoted post removed

What this little kid didn't tell everyone on here before posting this, is the fact he instigated the entire thing, when he started bitching on at me in game! Yes I went over the top, but not before being provoked by him in the first place... He spat his dummy when he was killed by someone on the opposing team, then proceeded to call me a coward and other names etc etc, and wasn't at all happy that I was playing in a paid with real money ship. When I pointed out to him that if it wasn't for people like me who 'ACTUALLY BUY' ships, gold, etc etc, then this game wouldn't be free to play, he kept on having a go at me...

Well son, if you can't take a bit of abuse, then don't start insulting people in the first place!!!

Edited by RogDodgeUK

Beta Tester
351 posts
12,537 battles

...also make sure to have replays enabled so you can include yours with the screenshot.  Replays are much more conclusive. 

Az