Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
xblade877

Ibuki problem

11 comments in this topic

Players
45 posts
6,022 battles

Hi fellow Kaptens !

Now i have a question i have bean playing the Ibuki some time trying to come up to Zao but there is something strange with the Ibuki .

When you fire HE it does alot of damage "I LOVE IT" But when you fire AP on the same class crusers or even lower straight at their broadside its extremly dificult to get the citadel? 

Yes i have played alot of matches and almost every match i can see enemy broadside so i cant miss every time hehehe .

So i wonder do you experience the samething or is just me ? I have you also got problems with the Ibuki ? Share with us ..

Beta Tester
468 posts
4,864 battles

It's firing the same AP as that available on the Furutaka. Not only that but even at medium ranges the trajectory is quite poor for AP use, any angle from enemy cruisers and it no longer really works out. It DOES work, but it requires exceptionally good conditions to be truly effective.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,478 posts
7,928 battles

Extreme range or close range is the only situations I'd recommend using 203mm AP against similar cruisers. They either need almost vertical trajectories to go through the deck into the citadel or almost horizontal to get as close to 0° hits as possible on the belt armor. Then you have the issue of small and low placed citadels on the US cruisers that almost makes it pointless to try unless you're a BB with heavy shells that can travel through some water.

[FAM]
Alpha Tester
2,435 posts
7,140 battles

Ibuki is better played at tier IX as a long range sniper with a short range twist if you manage to get to ambush range. The guns and shells are really not up to the task at that tier but she's the first IJN cruiser that can really play as stealth cruiser: that's your best card so use it and abuse it as much as you can.

• Cool 2

[OILUP]
Beta Tester
1,411 posts
8,576 battles

Ibuki is better played at tier IX as a long range sniper with a short range twist if you manage to get to ambush range. The guns and shells are really not up to the task at that tier but she's the first IJN cruiser that can really play as stealth cruiser: that's your best card so use it and abuse it as much as you can.

Don't listen to him, he has a commander with level 5 stealth ability, it's easy for him to say 'go stealth'. For the rest of us, we are all sitting ducks.
Edited by WhiskeyWolf
  • Cool 1

[OMNI]
Players
772 posts
11,567 battles

Don't listen to him, he has a commander with level 5 stealth ability, it's easy for him to say 'go stealth'. For the rest of us, we are all sitting ducks.

Well it ain't hard to have a commander with 15 SP at Tier 9...

Regarding the OP it is as Ascender says. IJN cruisers have good damage AP but their penetrating capabilities are the worst of all the nations. Unless the enemy is showing clear side angles don't waste your shots shooting AP.

Edited by Spithas

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,058 posts
17,279 battles

do i need to dig my screen again ?

Is that an Ibuki result? Only tier 6-7 targets there.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,478 posts
7,928 battles

Is that an Ibuki result? Only tier 6-7 targets there.

Looks like Aoba to me.

Sign in to follow this