Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sonic_157

Feedback Friday Q&A

38 comments in this topic

[HNS]
Players
726 posts
9,998 battles

Hello all.

One week ago WG started a thread in Reddit where players could ask things about the game and a selection of them would be answered the next week.
The link for the thread is this: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/3v77yf/feedback_fridays_are_here/

Yesterday the first wave of answers appeared. I collected all of them and posted them here, so we can have a reference and a more easy read. The answers are in bold.

-When is Murmansk, Atlanta, and Ishizuchi getting their camos that the premium shop accidentally leaked awhile back?

-What is WG's opinion on high tier (T8-10) balancing, especially on CV? Do you feel the situation now is completely fine, completely unbalanced or what?

Short answer is no, balance is not perfect. Long answer is a little more complicated  According to our stats CVs are now performing at a balanced level compared to other classes (excluding outliers that we need to address individually) BUT we don’t like how it feels to play. CVs are not comfortable to play at the moment. Ok so our current feelings on the other classes at the higher tiers right now, BBs are kings and performing exceptionally well. Cruisers right now are under performing. Destroyer performance have improved significantly over the last few patches but are still not quite where we want them to be. We are working to address these balance issues in 0.5.2 but this will be an ongoing process as the game continues to evolve so please keep sending us feedback! In 0.5.2 we are adding the ability for Cruiser’s Heal ability to include 33% of citadel damage to increase their survivability after heavy damage. For Destroyers, we are decreasing torpedo detectability and reducing the maneuverability of BBs and CVs BUT the high tier acquisition modernization is being reworked and will increase torpedo detectability and the maximum auto spot range. Again, balance is something that we look very closely at and we need your feedback, so keep it coming captains!

-Regarding CV, the attack command queue (ability to queue up attack targets of fighters) was removed quite some times ago. Will that be added back in the future or will it be discarded?

It was very buggy and we needed to remove it. It may return in the future once it’s issues are fixed.

-Regarding premium ships, will there exist any way to educate new players on how to play before allowing join high tier battle? (AKA. fresh new player buying Atago)

It’s a great question and we are continuing to think about how to do this.

-Regarding events. Here in Reddit we noticed that WG regional offices handle them very differently. Do you expected to continue this model of operation?”

Yes, each region is unique and we want to provide each community something they will enjoy.

-Will we ever see interesting new game modes like night battles (meaning DARK, not maps illuminated by a supermoon), or harsh weather conditions including waves, fog etc.?

We are working on new modes and in effects but we aren’t ready to announce anything until we get further in development of these types of features. I don’t want to get your hopes up too soon

-More maps are really needed. The way it is right now, it's the same maps over and over again, often many times in a row.

More maps will becoming each update! The last 2 patches have added 2 maps each and 0.5.2 will have 2 new maps as well. We have been focusing on high tier maps as players spend more battles at those tiers to get to the next ship.

-Have you looked into the HE complains we've had here recently? Since a few patches ago small calibre HE has been doing far less damage and on USDDs been setting far less fires than expected.

We reduced the chance of fire in 0.4.2 and it looks statistically ok from our perspective. There is some extra skills involved in lighting fires now as you need to hit lightly armored parts of a ship. Try aiming for the super structure, bow and aft of a ship to have a better chance to light them on fire. There was also an issue with citadels in a previous patch that was addressed but it might have affected your play.

-IJN DDs also need some love on their guns. Now they are outmatched in every aspect: worse torps, worse guns, worse survivability.
And please remove that frustrating perma spot of torps by planes.

There are some torpedo changes coming in 0.5.2 as previously mentioned. As for the IJN torpedo progression, this is due to balancing. What does improve significantly is speed over the tiers and this is a very important part of how strong a torpedo is.

No plans for that ship at the moment

Also seems like we should Nerf Umikaze? /Troll

-Are you thinking about improving the economy on higher Tiers (VIII+)?

Because, if I'm playing really well, I can make up to 180k Credits in Tier V-VII.

But at IX or X, even if I would play superb(my highest is only a Tier VII) , if I get sunk, I will pay so much...

Do the devs at WG have plans to improve this situation?

0.5.2 is re-balancing this.

-Do you still plan of changing the max. caliber below 155mm for the Advanced Firing training captain perk in an upcoming patch?

We feel this perk is not working as intended and we have some hunches BUT we need to examine are data to confirm if this an issue and how we should address it.

-Do you plan a rebalancing the penetration and dispersion values for high tier USN BBs compared to their IJN counterparts at any point in the future?

Right now we are ok with the balance between the BB pairs at high tiers except for Yamato and Montana. Yamato is performing nicely but Montana is not quite as competitive.

• Cool 8

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles

Interesting and gives a ray of hope.

As long as it's not too little too late.

Thanks for re-posting here.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,110 posts
4,207 battles

Yeah IJN DDs just needed a nerf on their guns. USN DD can have a buff to be almost better with torps at high tiers, but IJN DDs can't have something for their guns ...

And How useful is a buff to the stealth of their torps if an upgrade cancels it  ??

• Cool 1

Players
26 posts
1,127 battles

Why is this Q&A on Reddit? Why don't they use the official [edited] forums for it?!

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. RogDodgeUK
  • Cool 6

[FAM]
Alpha Tester
2,435 posts
7,140 battles

Why is this Q&A on Reddit? Why don't they use the official [edited] forums for it?!

[edited]

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. RogDodgeUK
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
139 posts
5,587 battles

Because it's a North America server initiative open to all. Clearly it wouldn't make sense to host it on one region's forum.
Edited by RogDodgeUK

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,977 posts
8,571 battles

Hi all,

-Have you looked into the HE complains we've had here recently? Since a few patches ago small calibre HE has been doing far less damage and on USDDs been setting far less fires than expected.

We reduced the chance of fire in 0.4.2 and it looks statistically ok from our perspective. There is some extra skills involved in lighting fires now as you need to hit lightly armored parts of a ship. Try aiming for the super structure, bow and aft of a ship to have a better chance to light them on fire. There was also an issue with citadels in a previous patch that was addressed but it might have affected your play.

Ahhh... so they think all is OK with HE... oh my...

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
812 posts
3,454 battles

I'm curious how the devs get in contact with feedback from their playerbase. is it a one-way from communitymanagers who show them subjects in the forums, or do they look at the forums themselves? Also, do they get input only from RU or from every server (especially eu with the largest playerbase)

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles

Because it's a North America server initiative open to all. Clearly it wouldn't make sense to host it on one region's forum.

Also because having the word: Initiative and. WG EU in the same sentence would create a reality altering paradox.
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
814 posts
13,545 battles

Why is this Q&A on Reddit? Why don't they use the official bloody forums for it?!

WG NA did. (They posted a link to the reddit thread in an official thread on their forums)

WG EU is WG EU.

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

-Are you thinking about improving the economy on higher Tiers (VIII+)?

Because, if I'm playing really well, I can make up to 180k Credits in Tier V-VII.

But at IX or X, even if I would play superb(my highest is only a Tier VII) , if I get sunk, I will pay so much...

Do the devs at WG have plans to improve this situation?

0.5.2 is re-balancing this.

I'm very curious what this means. Hopefully repair costs will be reduced.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,131 posts
2,239 battles

I'm curious how the devs get in contact with feedback from their playerbase. is it a one-way from communitymanagers who show them subjects in the forums, or do they look at the forums themselves? Also, do they get input only from RU or from every server (especially eu with the largest playerbase)

The way it works is that the various community managers and coordinators for the different regions and languages send the community's feedback on to the developers. Feedback from all regions is then of course taken into account.
  • Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,660 battles

Is that also the reason why we can't have a Q&A-section/session on the EU forums? Because if the English section was to have one, all the other sections must have one as well?

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,061 posts
17,308 battles

-Regarding events. Here in Reddit we noticed that WG regional offices handle them very differently. Do you expected to continue this model of operation?”

Yes, each region is unique and we want to provide each community something they will enjoy.

Lol. WG EU.
  • Cool 1

[HNS]
Players
726 posts
9,998 battles

This was indeed started by WG NA and it was posted in their forums.

They also have an active presence in Reddit and i guess they wanted to attract a larger amount of the player-base by posting it there.

Apparently, this will be done on a weekly basis so (if you like) i will try to update this thread with all the new answers.

Edited by RogDodgeUK

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,627 battles

"...we are decreasing torpedo detectability and reducing the maneuverability of BBs..."

-Why not just make BB go in a straight line only then? Now well see torpedoes only at what, 2km, and by making a hard turn well just watch as our BB just go on straight in to the torps before even starting their turn? Its pretty hard to change directions as it is in a BB. i imagine how fun it will be in 18knt stock New Mexico with this change...Leave the BB alone, dont make us easy prey for constant DD and torp bufs.

-Do you plan a rebalancing the penetration and dispersion values for high tier USN BBs compared to their IJN counterparts at any point in the future?

Right now we are ok with the balance between the BB pairs at high tiers except for Yamato and Montana. Yamato is performing nicely but Montana is not quite as competitive.

Have both. Montanas only issue is that her main guns are easy to incapacitate or destroy after last few patches, otherwise shes fine. Yamato has issues with its traverce speed, as her slow rotations makes about a 10 sec delay in reversing her rotation when making a turn, its pretty hard to stay on target while dodging torps for axample. So in my opinion both of them are fine each with its own weakness, and dont need as much attention as tier 10 carriers.

So hitting DD's with HE from CA's multiple times (5-10 hits per salvo) for 0 dmg is working as intended? The only thing i see most of the time is a black sign that i have destroyed few AA mounts, but on paper did 0 dmg. In my opinion if AP overpen does 10% of its dmg, then HE should atleast do the same 10% but with every hit as minimum. Theres your CA/DD buff right there without nerfing BB, despite the fact that invisible HE spam is a pain in the neck alredy.

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,660 battles

You are fine with one-shotting CAs, but not fine by getting countered with the class that are supposed to counter BBs? And if you start taking manoeuvres when you see the torps, then expect to be hit. It's not that hard.

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,131 posts
2,239 battles

Is that also the reason why we can't have a Q&A-section/session on the EU forums? Because if the English section was to have one, all the other sections must have one as well?

I will see if we can start something similar on the forums here, although it would be easiest to join the NA effort and also ask questions on Reddit to avoid the same questions being repeated over and over. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

You are fine with one-shotting CAs, but not fine by getting countered with the class that are supposed to counter BBs? And if you start taking manoeuvres when you see the torps, then expect to be hit. It's not that hard.

But when we are doing like you suggested, DD whine they can't hit us.

Old and many times proposed solution to much of the maneuverability problem from BB side - globally buff the turret traverse. It is ridiculous balancing factor anyway, or at least taken to the extreme like now. Many cruisers and DD could use this too.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,660 battles

Not quite on your first point. The main problem is that the reaction time (torp spotted /torp speed) increases when you tier up. So the lower tier DDs are in fact the deadliest torpers, whereas the ones of the top* are the worst. This patch tones down this scaling, which is ridiculous to begin with. So on the higher tiers, the torps got spotted so easy that you got all the time in the world to avoid them. I've seen it happen multiple time, perfect line-up, but the BB just turns when he sees the torps and avoid the entire salvo, even though I anticipated his movements. That's the problem, not that BBs change direction beforehand.

*disregarding carpet torpers like Shimakaze.

I will see if we can start something similar on the forums here, although it would be easiest to join the NA effort and also ask questions on Reddit to avoid the same questions being repeated over and over. 

I guess not, but is it possible to create a shared subsection between the EU/NA region on this forum? My main problem with reddit is that I like to have all WoWs stuff on one place, e.g the forums.

Edited by Vogel

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,627 battles

-You are fine with one-shotting CAs, but not fine by getting countered with the class that are supposed to counter BBs? And if you start taking manoeuvres when you see the torps, then expect to be hit. It's not that hard. 

-So you expect to hit with every torp that you would spawn from 10-20 km away? [edited]. Get in 5km range and make it hard for a BB to avoid your torps, if you cant, ive got nothing much to say to you but the famous L2P... Since its pretty much impossle for a BB to hit a DD with its dispersion, Im just asking to leave our rudder alone, to atleast have a chance to survive or lowering the dmg, instead of making us helpless before the incoming torps.

Edited by RogDodgeUK
  • Cool 2

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,660 battles

Firstly, you cannot see the target 20 km away in a DD, so no. Secondly, I always close in to ~6-7 km before launching torps. Thirdly, I expect that if a BB sail in a straight line and takes evasive manoeuvres first when the torps are spotted, it deserves to take at least a couple or triple hits. As it is now, this isn't the case. I've sailed the New Mexico to North Carolina without the situational awareness perk, and I can count the times I've been taken completely by surprise by a stealth torp on one hand. I had larger problems with CVs due to tunnel-visioning than I ever had with DDs. It just takes to cahnge course and/or speed every 20 seconds to throw off the torps, something you should do anyway to avoid incoming fire. 

Nobody asks BBs to roll over and die, but if you keep a straight course and spots torps, you deserve to get hit. It is as simple as that.

Alpha Tester
1,818 posts
4,925 battles

ive got nothing much to say to you but the famous L2P

Oh, the irony...

Why don't you make a thread about it instead of posting the same "issues" in every thread that even mentions changes to battleships? That way, you can discuss how battleships are bad/cumbersome/unbalanced/inconvenient/frustrating to your heart's content.

As for the actual topic, I like what I read. The developers are aware of the main issues I have with the game and are working to improve the situation. I also hope that the reference to events and such means that we will have something closer to the volume of what is happening at the NA region.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,061 posts
17,308 battles

The way it works is that the various community managers and coordinators for the different regions and languages send the community's feedback on to the developers. Feedback from all regions is then of course taken into account.

Are you guys planning to do something to stop EU being the worst server?!
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

-You are fine with one-shotting CAs, but not fine by getting countered with the class that are supposed to counter BBs? And if you start taking manoeuvres when you see the torps, then expect to be hit. It's not that hard. 

-So you expect to hit with every torp that you would spawn from 10-20 km away? [edited] Get in 5km range and make it hard for a BB to avoid your torps, if you cant, ive got nothing much to say to you but the famous L2P... Since its pretty much impossle for a BB to hit a DD with its dispersion, Im just asking to leave our rudder alone, to atleast have a chance to survive or lowering the dmg, instead of making us helpless before the incoming torps.

YAGpXPd.png
Edited by RogDodgeUK

Sign in to follow this