Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BedDevil

Detonation

43 comments in this topic

Players
10 posts
2,674 battles

First and last time...get this detonation out of the game. it is hard enough to survive as it is...one error and you are get one or two good salvo to your death. but this detonation random crapneeds to stop!

it dos not help that you have flags for that, you need to detonate in the first place.

i was again and again blown up by every typ of ship and every type of ammo, except secondary guns.

i mean how can that be fun to blow someone up in 1 salvo or torp? there is no real fight...only luck. i want to win a fight coz i aimed better, had the better strategy or evaded better then my enemy.

the sad part about that is that most times your 80%+ hp, you dont detonate with 5% noooo that would not be fun, lets blow them up when hp is full.

if this would be a game where you respawn after death it would be like a headshot but the game is over and the enemy did not do anything for your kill.

the thing is i remember shots that was impossible to hit, like over the hill 4 out of 5 shells hit the mountain but that one shell, killed the enemy bb that was driving with 200hp behind it and was repair himself. but i dont remember one shot that detonated my enemy, only that i said "sorry" after.

so get detonation out

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,088 battles

Over 80% of your battle are in DD's which are more prone to detonation due to their limited size. Why complain as you have as much chance to detonate another ship as they have with you?

Players
10 posts
2,674 battles

i dont want to quote myself, but wehre is the fun in blow someone i one salvo up? this is a game and if you cant play it then it is no fun and you cant play it if you got blow up with one shell that had an extra portion of spinach.

Edited by BedDevil

[DSW]
Players
3,794 posts
7,737 battles

agreed, I also don't like it, just can't see a positive side to it. But I'm also curious what others think about it, since there must be some positive side to it that I'm just missing...

Players
568 posts
5,211 battles

i dont want to quote myself, but wehre is the fun in blow someone i one salvo up? this is a game and if you cant play it then it is no fun and you cant play it if you got blow up with one shell that had an extra portion of spinach.

I think detonations are in the game because they were simply a part of naval combat, it makes sense to make it a game mechanic. Some ships were more vulnerable then others and measures can be taken to prevent or reduce the detonation chance.

Over 80% of your battle are in DD's which are more prone to detonation due to their limited size. Why complain as you have as much chance to detonate another ship as they have with you?

I seem to detonate far more in my Murmansk then when playing destroyers tbh. I don't  know if the Murmansk is particularly prone to it though, seems to be. Or perhaps I just have rotten luck.

Cheers, M

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

Well, I don't think it is much of a problem. Granted I have not played as many games as you, but I have only been detonated two times, so it is not that often. Also, out of your 1000+ games you have been detonated like 30 times or so. That is not so much.

Players
494 posts
9,365 battles

Detonation is a realistic mechanic

It's also one of those things which when it happens to you makes you go oh £$!£, but when you do it to someone else makes you go oh £"$T% yes

and at the lower tiers especially the number of times in a BB I got detonated by a lucky DD torpedo hit to a magazine 

Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,442 battles

If you get detonated that often, you should have tons of these flags to compensate for it. If you don´t like to get blown up in your DD, play a different class. What do you expect when you make the most agile, most nimble, fastest, stealthiest and probably most deadly class your ship of choice? Any advantage comes for a tradeoff, and DDs are very, very well suited with buying all their advantages just for the price of fragility.

All i need to make sure i don´t get detonated in my Gremy, is put that flag on. Considering the fact i am playing my favourite DD, maybe favourite ship over all extremly aggressivly, that flag is a rather simple instalation for such a huge payoff. I wish i had a similar flag for any of my BBs that reduces or even, as the detonation flag does, eliminates the nasty, skill-killing RNG on my main batteries.

Beta Tester, Players
470 posts
4,912 battles

I have over 900 games, and a total of 10 detonations, and i never use the detonation flags, detonations seem rather rare to me. if your so against detonations, you get 10 flags the reduces your chance to get detonated by 100% every time you get detonated. just use them. Also you still have a chance to get destroyed in one salvo even with out being detonated.

Also there are 2 IRL examples of detonations. HMS hood get a shell to its magazine, and USS Arizona taking a bomb to its magazine.

So deal with it

Edited by Flashy_NLR

[NED]
Players
4,201 posts
11,706 battles

Wow. That's something special! RNG-us "blesses" us with different things. I'm in the 1000 range of battles and got magazined once! I know because I got a medal from it. And it was in a situation where I was at very low HP.

On the other hand: when I drive a cruiser: nearly every hit is a citadel! I almost started to believe the "heart beat" was part of the music, sailing the cruiser! Most of the shots at me I've learned to dodge but when I'm hit: it's a citty. From point blank to 25 km, bow, stern, broadside, angled, a citadel it is.

I really would whish for a citadel flag...

Edited by Ferry_25

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,428 battles

It depends what kind of ship you play and that's all. DDs and cas are more likely to detonated rather than bbs or cvs. I have never seen a cv being detonated but I've seen a DD being detonated by a cv secondaries...

Edited by Geralt_z_Rivii365

Beta Tester
172 posts
5,702 battles

Its all part of the game, you give and you take, just like detonating crits in wot. Its great when it happens to the other guy and awful when it happens to you, but it is realistic, just look at HMS Hood vs the Bismarck or HMS Invincible at the battle of Jutland. Gotta say though, when i do blow people up, spectacular as it is I always apologize to them, as I know how it feels. Also, as has been said, there are things you can do to help mitigate the risk, including how you position your ship under fire and modules, but when RnGesus come callin all you can do is smile, rant and go back to port :)

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,985 battles

Even if you have the worst luck in the world, you'll still only get a detonation death once every 11 battles. Use the signals you get after getting blown up and experience 10 battles of immunity.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,088 battles

As it happens equally to others, and as much as I hate it happening to me, I accept it as part of the game. Historically, detonation was relatively widespread with quite a few warships experiencing self detonation (certainly do not want that to be introduced!).

Players
10 posts
2,674 battles

this is still a game and had only realistic ship models. if you think about it then the bb would have 12km+ range on secondary guns. and there is no stealth at all in open water.

i have no problem getting killed in one salvo, that means i did something wrong or the enemy did something right. but as for detonation...i get detonated from front back side, it dosnt matter. ONE SHELL is all there is to kill you.

this may be realistic but this is still a game. and you can die a hundert times from everything if you do something wrong. but one lucky shell should not one of this things.

if you love to play dd like i do then you know you can die very fast if your not evade or get your engine blown up, there is absolutely no need for an increased chance to detonate only coz your have a small ship.

and so i say it again, no detonation in this game.

Players
10 posts
2,674 battles

Even if you have the worst luck in the world, you'll still only get a detonation death once every 11 battles. Use the signals you get after getting blown up and experience 10 battles of immunity.

nice logic btw get detonated every 11 games and 10 game immun...let me think about that for a sec

and dont ever play more then 22 games...you get the flag only once per day

Edited by BedDevil

Weekend Tester
286 posts
12,483 battles

TBH, in all my games the number of times I have had a magazine explode are so few I can't honestly remember the last one.

As you say, It's a game but this is just an infrequent RNG factor and not something that is occurring every game - you might as well complain about the RNG that makes most of your salvo miss at 4k range or getting set on fire but without these things the skilled players would just wipe the floor with the rest of us!

Detonations happen to us all even the top percenters so it is fair in that respect but obviously some ships are more prone to it than others.  

Players
1,186 posts
4,658 battles

Detonations are 100% pointless.

Why? Because detonations are removed by putting on a flag. The mechanic behind this seems clunky and hard to make any sense of. I feel like the detonation mechanic is purely vestigial at the moment, possibly because WG realized that making people buy flags in order to not instantly blow up probably wasn't the greatest of ideas. Especially since certain ship types are historically more prone to magazine detonations than others.

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,051 posts
29,769 battles

Two things needs to be removed from the game, Detonation and Torps from Cruisers and Battleships. The only ships has the right to possess torpedoes because of their name are the destroyers. Get those two things out of the game please. Thank you.

Edited by ABED1984

Beta Tester
186 posts
6,362 battles

Two things needs to be removed from the game, Detonation and Torps from Cruisers and Battleships. The only ships has the right to possess torpedoes because of their name are the destroyers. Get those two things out of the game please. Thank you.

Seriously ? "Because of their name" ?? That does not even make sense.

So, instead of using historical facts, the developers should ask which ships you deem worthy of carrying torpedos ?

As for the detonations... I don´t really care. It´s like getting a headshot in any shooter. Happens not often enough to get mad about.

[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
4,328 battles

Detonations are 100% pointless.

Why? Because detonations are removed by putting on a flag. The mechanic behind this seems clunky and hard to make any sense of. I feel like the detonation mechanic is purely vestigial at the moment, possibly because WG realized that making people buy flags in order to not instantly blow up probably wasn't the greatest of ideas. Especially since certain ship types are historically more prone to magazine detonations than others.

In close to 1000 battles I blew up by detonation exactly 6 times. I still have all the flags I earned by that in stock.

Having played all classes it all comes down to less than 1% chance of detonation overall. So anyone claiming that you MUST buy those flags is truely out of his mind.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,088 battles

You already started a new thread regarding this quote.

The problem is with complainants, is that they are quick to respond when something happens to them that they do not like, but never respond when they do likewise to others. Karma comes to mind.

Players
1,186 posts
4,658 battles

In close to 1000 battles I blew up by detonation exactly 6 times. I still have all the flags I earned by that in stock.

Having played all classes it all comes down to less than 1% chance of detonation overall. So anyone claiming that you MUST buy those flags is truely out of his mind.

Nobody is claiming that you need to be buying anti-detonation flags at the moment. They are tuned to be in ample supply.

Destroyers in particular are a lot more prone to detonations than the average ship, play them more and you'll probably notice this.

Sign in to follow this