Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SeTorpilaroToOra

Oh WOW Damn this is a paytoplay Game

16 comments in this topic

Players
8 posts
7,719 battles

Hello Guys

Im wondering how astronomic expensive after Tier 8, the Ships Auto repairs and resuply is!

I play since October and hunting the T 10 Ships to play with em. Since i obtained the Kagero, i loose many, many credits on a defeated battle and even on a winning!

I ve spend many Euros in the 2 Months in this Game and im not see a end of it (Premium Account, Ship, Doublons and credits Packets), .

The Ships are so damn expensive to buy after T6 and not only the Ships, even the Upgrades costs the double Ammount and the next Tier Ship is mostly worser then the fully upgrated Ship before!

I do not have any more fun in this Game, so i can not earn enough credits to buy next Ship and i like to play many of them but WoW do not let me! They say "if you want aquire fast a T 10 Ship pay real Money and if you want play more T 10 Ships pay manymuchmore money!

NO! Dear WoW, not this way!

This Game is not a Pay to Win, this is a Pay to Play Game and im not interessted to spend more money to this bad Game Politics. Gameplay should have fun and the possibility to earn the End-Ships, without spending real money for in a acceptable time. Ok i understand and find Ok if WoW say "you need faster your next ship, there is a way, spend real money (buy doublons and convert em to XP or credits)" but not build me high walls so i can not reach Tier X cause the Battle costs are so high i never have a chance to make 50 Million for ONE end Ship!

I had before a Match in my new Kagero, we defeated but i sunk 2 Ships, have some torp hits, base defends... and the Auto-costs are so high that i come out with -20.000!

Hello? And my ship was only 1/3 broken, i was´nt destroyed and must pay 189.000 credits, without any consumables costs and WITH PREMIUM!!!

WoW, this is a NO GO, Sorry!

I m not willing to spend more Euros in this Game. Higher Auto-Repair Ammunition costs... on a T10 ok i understand and find ok, but not in a T 8-T9 so i never had a chance to collect enough for even next Upgrade!

Oh and before i forget, if i quitt WoW, then 4-5 more will quitt with me because we are a Game Guild here and play together:P

Edited by SeTorpilaroToOra
  • Cool 4

Beta Tester
4,867 posts
5,014 battles

OMG... WG hires ppl who has to eat and pay bills! How dare they work for monies not for free! :angry:

You have choice: farm credits slowly with low-mid tier ship and/or buy premium account and premium ship. This is how world works: ppl need money to make a living. Game is free to play but WG is company like any other.

And don`t try telling me that you are working for free. 

• Cool 2

[DAVY]
Players
2,631 posts

I can't remember seeing any posts from you when you had a bad game in a T5, did no damage, lost and still came away with 40k profit. :sceptic:

I can't be arsed to go through why WOWS (and virtually all other Tier base games) is designed like this suffice to say, play a T5/6 now and again to cover your costs.

Where is Tobyjug when you need him to explain slowly in small words. :)  Found it, t0byjug posted this earlier on another thread....hope it helps you OP.

When will people realise this is the GAME machainic!!  You want to play the cool high tier ships you have 3 options

1, Pay for Prem time

2, Buy Prem (money making) ships to fund the cool high tier ships

3,Play lower tier ships to fund your high tier Cool ships (spend NO Money)

Options 1 and 2 give wargamimg the funds to make the game worth developing. This is a proper Free to play machanic. there is no purchase of the media people can completely play every ship/Tank  (non Prem) in the game.  If you dont have Prem time/Ships. Don't expect to play high tier ships exclusivity.

Knock on effects of this matric!! People using option 3,something like 75% of WG player base  (at least in world of tanks) keep the lower tiers populated and thus making sure there are enough at lower tiers for the New gamers to play against. This is just about the best completely free to play metric i have ever seen!

There are other great Free(ish) machanics out there like Elite_Dangerous and Guild Wars 2 that are free to play AFTER you have bought the game. They are not true free to play

Edited by bushwacker001

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

I ve spend many Euros in the 2 Months in this Game and im not see a end of it (Premium Account, Ship, Doublons and credits Packets),

I m not willing to spend more Euros in this Game.

When you go to a party, get stoned, then you wake up next morning amidst broken debris of all-night fun, feeling absolutely worst in your entire life. You whisper to yourself "never again"

It's that moment.

• Cool 6

[TTT]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

kinda offtopic, we should really start counting how many of this kind of thread get created and open betting as to the number we will see until the end of the respective month...

I'm not saying people shouldn't voice their concerns, they very much should! But this specific issue got tedious long ago...

[CATS]
Players
19,872 posts
12,385 battles

@SeTorp...

You still do not know how the game works? You still do not know how to play without paying?

What kind of gamer are you?

• Cool 1

[FLYD_]
Players
820 posts
3,724 battles

kinda offtopic, we should really start counting how many of this kind of thread get created and open betting as to the number we will see until the end of the respective month...

I'm not saying people shouldn't voice their concerns, they very much should! But this specific issue got tedious long ago...

Of course it got tedious, because people still have to open threads like these. There is no reaction from WG's side to respond to the dissatsifaction about their terrible credit-balance in warships.

In world of tanks you had at least the feeling of beeing able to reach t10 in a not-so-distant future, even while playing multiple trees and the lack of premium.

here it is just grinding with t5-t6 due to terrible income/repaircosts proportion, while in WoT you can still grind your money with up to t8 tanks.

there has to be a change, when you even can't have a good income with premium on higher tiers (with often more interesting and well-known ships.)

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester
393 posts
8,675 battles

The in-game economy works just like a real one - you need both cheap, medium and expensive stuff, in order to create an overall balance.

You need the low tiers because you have there is a learning curve, experience needs to be earned, skills have to be obtained, money needs to be made. Just like in a real world career. PLease don't tell me that you got hired straight away into a CEO post, right?

Consider this: 1-4 tiers is internship, 5-7 tiers is working for a living, 8-10 is going on vacation with your trophy wife. And you know, those ladies are high maintenance, so every once in a while you have to go and work some for that sweet piece of botoxed, liposucktioned booty :D

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
662 posts
11,046 battles

You don't need to play every battle with high teir ship, play some low tier ships to make some credits and then you can play few games per day with high tier ship. High tier ship battles is the game for big boys and it is hard to play them all the time.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,790 posts
8,979 battles

I love that the game actually rewards me for "spreading the love" so to say. Either using ships earlier in the same line or starting a completely new one.

Would be even better if that also extended to XP, so I could essentially play whatever ship I wanted and still gain XP towards what I wanted to unlock. But this works too, since credits becomes the barrier at higher tiers and not XP.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,403 posts
20,165 battles

Hello Guys

Oh and before i forget, if i quitt WoW, then 4-5 more will quitt with me because we are a Game Guild here and play together:P

Why make an idle threat that, because you are failing, you are going to get fellow players to quit too?

Back to your gripe, it is plain that you are not doing enough in your battles. Whilst you may have one very good battle, having 10 poor games will drag down your average earnings.

On top of the new threads started with complaints, have you noted how many are started by the OP and never to be returned to?

Players
19 posts
10,530 battles

Its free to play. But as i learned in warframe , only ninjas play free!

The rest will pay to make up for lack of time , skill or patience. (That includes me too.)

The term free to play in general should been renamed free to try out a fair share or something like that, because it seems to confuse hmm errh...some folks.

[-TWA-]
Beta Tester
134 posts
12,400 battles

I only spent money on WoWs once, buying the Gremyashchy to get into the Beta and using the extra gold for a premium account immediately after the wipe.

So far I'm up to two tier 8 ships, the North Carolina and  the Amagi, using premium consumables and camo every match and going into (tier 8) ranked matches which are, on average, much more expensive than random battles.

Right now I could even afford to buy the Iowa fully equipped and have some credits left. To afford a tier 10 ship and play it a few times every day I would probably have to start playing the Gremyashchy again (once for every tier 10 match).

So from my perspective you can play everything the game has to offer without spending more than 25€, but only if you play wisely.

P.S.: I'd really like to spend money on the game again because I really like it, e.g., buying the Imperator Nikolai, but I will never buy one of those ridiculous bundles.

Sign in to follow this