dude1416

How is it possible

8 comments in this topic

Players
356 posts

Hi Commanders:honoring:

I was in my Kongo and a Matsuki came out of know where under 3km away from me .

If I am correct that a Matsuki Concealment is 6.2km surface detectable range and 3.1km air detectable range.

It didn't have smoke or island to conceal it from me when was that close.

I new it was there in the area because I spotted it over 6km away before it got that close because it opened fire on me while it was in smoke.

By the time I was 5km close all the smoke was gone when All of a sudden like I said under 3km maybe even 1km to me it was at the side of me unleashed a full spread of torps and I was sunk.

If we go by WG mechanics this should not happen.

So am I missing something to do with the mechanics?.

Ok it could have captain skill perks ,flags even camouflage type 1 but surely if it had all that it wouldn't of shown up in the first place when it was further away from me.

I don't understand why WG haven't but hopefully in the very near future WG will add recording option like in wot so can look at replay.

[BLOBS]
Community Contributor
921 posts
3,618 battles

Based on mechanics, it's only possible that it was a smoke screen if there was open water between you and the DD. Now, if he is that close to you, it's entirely possible that you were also encompassed into that smoke screen (or maybe even a friendly smoke screen). When you're in a smokescreen, it's kinda hard to tell, so you may have been in one all along.

As for replays, they do exist, but you have to go through the config files and edit them to enable. They are quite buggy, but they work for now whilst WG work on them (I think they're working on them? I wish they would at least make hints that they were...). Enable them like so: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/19222-enabling-replays-in-world-of-warships/

Players
356 posts

Based on mechanics, it's only possible that it was a smoke screen if there was open water between you and the DD. Now, if he is that close to you, it's entirely possible that you were also encompassed into that smoke screen (or maybe even a friendly smoke screen). When you're in a smokescreen, it's kinda hard to tell, so you may have been in one all along.

As for replays, they do exist, but you have to go through the config files and edit them to enable. They are quite buggy, but they work for now whilst WG work on them (I think they're working on them? I wish they would at least make hints that they were...). Enable them like so: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/19222-enabling-replays-in-world-of-warships/

Thanks for reply Commander StuntMan0369 :honoring:.

The smoke screen was gone because I held back because of it and that's why couldn't understand why it happened.

The closest DD we had I be leave if was still alive was about 15km maybe 20km away SW of me going up against a New York with a friendly cruiser helping  .

I have read before that we can add recording option but like you said that it can be buggy .

I shall put the Matsuki down to another WG phenomenon :rolleyes:

Edited by dude1416

[CLAZ]
Players
5 posts
3,237 battles

hi

just wondering is there a way to turn off auto tracking when aiming.  cause it makes it hard to judge the speed of the target?

all the best

joe

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

hi

just wondering is there a way to turn off auto tracking when aiming.  cause it makes it hard to judge the speed of the target?

I think there's setting for that in settings and controls tab.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

Many thanks :)

Anchors away 

Joergn 

Also, auto tracking only works when you have selected a target. You can do this by aiming over an enemy an pressing (default X), this also happens automaticly. But you can deselect the target by aiming at water and pressing X.

You can see when an anemy target is selected, when it has a white croshair around it's symbol. The camera won't auto track a target that is not selected.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,812 battles

If you have moved to close to a smokescreen it wont be rendered anymore 3 km sounds a lots like auto proximity spoting inside a smokescreen. otherwise if the smokescreen was covering part of the area or it came behind an Island: With engine boot its a dam fast ship and cover 3 km pretty fast unless ur heading is facing away. If your were looking away in sniper mode you have a good chance to reakt too slow to notice. I myself  killed 2 New York in my 1st battle with a Mutski from point blank range one with firing outside a smoke screen one from sprinting up while it was engaged by another ship and reaced to late when it noticed its 2edarys starting to open up on me.