Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Reaper_JackGBR

Was BB AP ninja-nerfed?

17 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
962 posts
7,749 battles

I simply cannot score a single citadel hit on any enemy ship, be they cruiser, battleship or anything else, perfect ranges, perfect broadsides, heck I can see the shots landing on their citadels and it's not scoring citadel hits. It's been a very frustrating day. 

[SCRUB]
Players
962 posts
7,749 battles

Cause that's what it feels like unfortunately. Where I was scoring citadels before, I am no longer scoring citadels. 

My Fuso failed to penetrate a Koenigsberg earlier. At 8km. On it's broadside. 

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

It's just RNG, it was an overpen and it happens all the time. I had really good battles today with a lot of citadels, so to answer your question, no. Its all in your head mate:)

[PRAVD]
Community Contributor
1,828 posts
7,180 battles

Montana felt fine more or less. But it was just one game and I might've been lucky. I did fight lower tier BBs though.

Players
204 posts
3,207 battles

same here with the japanese BB ships, but with the US BB it is ok.

I'm not that really good player but i got always my 2 or 3 hits on citadels with the JAP BB and also with the US BB.

when there is RNG in the game, why the heck is it always me :hiding:

[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
4,328 battles

It's just RNG... 3 citadels from one salvo against a Cleveland yesterday.

Oh and 6 citadels from one salvo in my Hipper against an enemy Atago at 13 km... but that's obviously a CA. :P

Players
1,015 posts
4,182 battles

I had the very same impression a couple days ago still on the 0.5.1.3 patch. Couldn't hit a sea in front of me, let alone a ship or a static target with my New Mexico. While a buddy of mine in his Fuso scored citadels all over the place. Took her out of port last night and in one match citadels were flying all over the place. First a Cleveland (!), followed by Murmansk, Fuso and to top it off a Nagato who showed his broadside to me.

RNG playing tricks on us. That is all.

[JUNK]
Players
849 posts
9,661 battles

I got 10 citadels and 239k (my highest so far) after the patch, with Izumo. Maybe buffed just for me? XD

• Cool 1

Players
31 posts
413 battles

Think it is just not your evening. I also have amazing battles 1-shotting ships. But also, I have games where I cannot even hit a skyscraper if it would be in front of me. 

Alpha Tester
230 posts
3,790 battles

Well let me explain it:

1. You have a set armor penetration for your guns wich is sadly still not shown.

2. The armor Value is twice as high as shown, making a citadell most of the time a thing of luck (i explain why twice as large in point 4)

3. Even when penetrating the armor, there is no garantuee that one hits those important systems behind the armor (Engine Room, Ammo depo)

4. Back to the Armor: Its twice because its an Armor that was ment to have statistics of twice the Steel Armor used earlier. One can find prove in that with little research on the mather.

Thats the sole reason the bismarck survived multiple hits of 16 inch gun fire in her final battle wile sustaining little to no dmg at all (her 305 mm belt was actualy 610 mm thick wich is nearly inpenetrable by 16 inch guns given they have at most on 100m a penetration of like 600 to 700 mm armor at most (Yamato's 18 inch guns top that with nearly 800 mm penetration on 100m yet her armor (410 mm thick) could withstand impacts of those guns with ease wich further proves that the armor is effectivly twice as thick).

I hope that somewhat clarifie's it, Armor and Penetration are a little bit more difficult then on tanks as the Krupp Cemented armor (wich Soviet russia never got to craft better than 230 mm thick btw.) was specificaly build to be lighter and better than steel armor. It proved that by doubeling the potential armor compared to WW1 ships. Oh and yes : Every nation used that armor for Every ship they build because : License

Sign in to follow this