Sign in to follow this  
Kurbain

Mikhail Kutuzov in-game and longer start timer

70 comments in this topic

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

It appears that the Mikhail Kutuzov is now in-game, but currently only played by testers.

No statistics are displayed when hovering above the ship in the battle loading screen:

8MXav73.jpg

This is what the tester had to say about it:

FSDSxnB.jpg

The waiting time at the start of the battle has been adjusted to 60 seconds instead of 30, most likely since the loading times are pretty bad these days.

ecSY8ZG.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

Mikhai Citedelovitch - LOL! :teethhappy:

Maybe not as stronk as we feared.

I've been suffering long waiting times lately and missing up to two minutes of a battle. My PC is OK, and never used to have these problems when I first started WoWS back in September.

Players
812 posts
3,454 battles

To be honest, I'm okay with the 1min waiting, especially in a BB you still have time to switch to AP, set rudder/speed and think about possible tactics. Not the best solution for long loading times, but it works (russian method?:trollface:)

• Cool 2

[ST-EU]
Supertester
331 posts

:hmm: That combination of ships, names, chat and map somehow looks awfully familiar to me :P

Long waiting times are nice for the players who don't have the latest state of the art PC with SSD's.
For the ones who have SSD's and a good PC...well more wating time for them but hopefully more players loaded in at the start of a battle will result in better gameplay.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

:hmm: That combination of ships, names, chat and map somehow looks awfully familiar to me :P

Ahhh yes, I was the "Hacker" according to their Fubuki in that battle :P

Long waiting times are nice for the players who don't have the latest state of the art PC with SSD's.

For the ones who have SSD's and a good PC...well more wating time for them but hopefully more players loaded in at the start of a battle will result in better gameplay.

Oh yes, I am no longer late into battles! Thx WG :medal:

• Cool 1

Players
613 posts
6,393 battles

Don't mind the longer wait if it means less idle players when battle begins.

Surprised the tester said anything I asked one earlier how the ship was and all I got back was can't tell you.

[IDEAL]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
669 posts
2,513 battles

Don't mind the longer wait if it means less idle players when battle begins.

Surprised the tester said anything I asked one earlier how the ship was and all I got back was can't tell you.

The tester in the screenshot said nothing as well.

Beta Tester
306 posts
3,699 battles

lol love the description "her key advantage against other ships of her type" she was outdated and a WW2 design kept on past the 70s.... please :D those ships didnt exactly prove themselves in any combat either. Russian navy.... errrrr 

[-AWF-]
Players
1,196 posts
6,468 battles

lol love the description "her key advantage against other ships of her type" she was outdated and a WW2 design kept on past the 70s.... please :D those ships didnt exactly prove themselves in any combat either. Russian navy.... errrrr 

Do not worry, it will be powerful enough.

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
5,468 battles

Well, they said Mikasa has powerful main battery so.. :)

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,532 battles

The longer waiting time is just... bah.... it makes me set speed and stuff and tab out of the game. 50+seconds of not being able to do much, even chatting is pointless since you don't know if the adressed people aren't tabbed out as well.

My PC is anything but new back when I bought it, neither do I have an SSD. Still loading times aren't nearly as horrible as it would seem to be the case for some others and I'd rather look at the internet connection than their hardware.

Edited by Takru

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,532 battles

A lot to learn you still have, young one. Everything believe the advertisment tells you, you must not.

Beta Tester
306 posts
3,699 battles

A lot to learn you still have, young one. Everything believe the advertisment tells you, you must not.

You will get what i mean when i say its only a few days..... until we get intouch with the force :popcorn:
  • Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,737 battles

Hehe I too love the Citadelavitch name for it :)

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

well more wating time for them but hopefully more players loaded in at the start of a battle will result in better gameplay.

No it won't.

In fact in last two days match maker has been more [edited] up than usual and when ships aren't worser half the time team is full of potatoes who wouldn't qualify for captaincy of child's bark boat and those who play to loose.

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. RogDodgeUK

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

Oh yes, I am no longer late into battles! Thx WG :medal:

I cannot believe that some people are now complaining about having to wait a few extra seconds to get into battle. Before this change there were plenty of players complaining about getting into battle after it started. I'm never late into battle now so I welcome this change.

Just to be clear about the Mikhail Kutuzov on the live server. Some supertesters have been given this ship to test for balancing purposes. Supertesters are a helpful bunch and we would love to be able to answer all your questions about the ship. However we have been told we cannot say anything. This is for understandable reasons, mainly because there maybe significant changes as a result of testing before the ship becomes available.

• Cool 2

Players
509 posts

1954? Choose russian stuff, you never do a mistake. In the meantime, other navy's sail with 1930's tier VIII cruisers.

[PST]
[PST]
Alpha Tester
475 posts
5,151 battles

I cannot believe that some people are now complaining about having to wait a few extra seconds to get into battle. Before this change there were plenty of players complaining about getting into battle after it started. I'm never late into battle now so I welcome this change.

Just to be clear about the Mikhail Kutuzov on the live server. Some supertesters have been given this ship to test for balancing purposes. Supertesters are a helpful bunch and we would love to be able to answer all your questions about the ship. However we have been told we cannot say anything. This is for understandable reasons, mainly because there maybe significant changes as a result of testing before the ship becomes available.

me think you read wrong for once. he is happy that the timer is on one minute so he can actualy do something. instead of joing a battle 30 sec after the battle starts. im happy with the 1min too. as this game takes more load of hdd than world of tanks

Players
580 posts
1,135 battles

1954? Choose russian stuff, you never do a mistake. In the meantime, other navy's sail with 1930's tier VIII cruisers.

Well it is a 1954 ship, but I think, were it to face any of the other tier 8 cruisers in real life in a face to face battle, it would get demolished. Imagine it encountering a Takao class cruiser like the Atago in the field of battle. Yeah...

The Kutuzov is also the only tier 8 LIGHT cruiser in the game, the highest CL before being the Atlanta, and we all know how useful an Atlanta is.

[ST-EU]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
1,902 posts
3,681 battles

Well it is a 1954 ship, but I think, were it to face any of the other tier 8 cruisers in real life in a face to face battle, it would get demolished. Imagine it encountering a Takao class cruiser like the Atago in the field of battle. Yeah...

The Kutuzov is also the only tier 8 LIGHT cruiser in the game, the highest CL before being the Atlanta, and we all know how useful an Atlanta is.

*cough, until Cleveland is moved *cough*

Sign in to follow this