You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kurbain

Datamined 0.5.2 Patch info

310 comments in this topic

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

Looks like very interesting changes are incoming if this info datamined from the Public Test server game data is correct. It may be subject to changes.

1.) DD torpedoes are now spotted later. (About 5% less visibility for T2-T5 and 20% for T6-T10) The Type 93 of Kagero and Shimakaze will have a visibility factor of 1.7km instead of 2,1km, giving you a reaction time of 9,8s instead of 12,1s. Other countries also get this buff, but it won't be as large as the one for IJN DDs. In return the 2 million credits Target Acquisition module will boost torpedo spotting range by 20% and the range at which ships are automatically detected by 50% (From 2 to 3 KM)

2.) Most CV planes will have increased speed and a lower drop distance. IJN CV Torp bomber formation has been changed, probably affecting their spread.

3.) The ALT ability of all CV fighter planes will be buffed. They will now deal 10x damage and use up 4x ammo instead of 6x damage with 5x ammo consumption.

4.) BBs above T4 and CVs above T8 get a longer rudder shift time and worse turning radius.

5.) Premium consumables add 1 extra charge to abilities that can be activated a limited amount of times.

6.) Damage from citadel hits will be 33% recoverable for cruisers of T9 and T10. It is currently 10%.

7.) If CVs lose an entire plane squadron they will be punished and have to wait before they can send out the next squadron. Same goes for spotter and fighter planes on BBs and cruisers.

8.) German low-tier cruisers gain a 50% reduced chance of engine failure.

9.) All premiums and a few silver ships (Gnevy, Nurnberg, Cleveland, Minekaze) have unique camouflage, for premiums these give bonus experience and have the same effects as either type-2 or type-1 camo and are "native" to the ship.

10.) Erie and Chester will get their armor buffed.

11.) Benson's armor model adjusted. Benson's HP will be increased to 15,400 for the B hull.

12.)Kiev's HP will be reduced to 11,200 for the A hull, 12,800 for the B hull.

13.) Zao's HP will be reduced to 40,800

14.) Japanese 127mm HE Type 1 damage will be reduced to 1,800.

15.) New Mexico C hull, Nurnberg A+B hull, Hindenburg, Ibuki B hull, Khabarovsk, Kiev B hull, Myoko A hull, Hipper B hull, Roon B hull, Benson B hull, and Zao will have their AA adjusted.

16.) New ports will be buyable

17.)  Arpeggio content will probably be added to the game.

18.) The T2 German premium cruiser Emden may get introduced.

19.) Demolition Expert will work differently depending on caliber (Above/Below 155mm)

20.) Player can be muted.

21.) Captains cannot be dismissed immediately anymore. It will take a certain amount of time.

New flags will be added:

• Papa Papa: 4x free exp
  • November Foxtrot: 5% cooldown reduction
  • Zulu Hotel: 50% captain exp
  • November Echo Setteseven: 10% stronger AA
  • Victor Lima: 1% additional fire chance for large caliber HE, 0.5% for small caliber HE, 4% for flooding
  • India X-ray: 5% additional detonation chance, 1% additional fire chance for large caliber HE, 0.5% for small caliber HE
  • Juliet Whiskey Unaone: 5% additional chance to detonate enemies, 4% additional chance to flood them.

Taken from these reddit threads:

There may also be 2 new docks available called New York and Arpeggio:

Taken from this reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/3w5wlp/052_pt_new_dock_arpeggio_new_york/

Edit: Made everything more readable. Check the reddit thread for the original text.

Edited by Kurbain
  • Cool 8

Alpha Tester
1,954 posts
6,299 battles

Am I the only one thinking that adding an extra charge on the "gold" repair party/defensive fire is a horrible idea? Might as well remove the entire superintended skill then. Also, while the healing of citadels certainly benefits high-tier cruisers, I fail to see how giving battleships even more healing capabilities is going to improve the balance.

EDIT: The healing bonus is only applied to cruisers, it seems.

Edited by Kartoffelmos

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,566 posts
16,101 battles

the only bad thing is the +1 repair with gold 

and maybe the better healing for BBs

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

I edited the text to made it more readable and clear as well as adding videos of the 2 new docks that might be introduced.

• Cool 1

Players
464 posts

i knew about the DD buff but what about zao? can't say much but i heard zao was going to have less hp (10k less hp) and higher shell arc.. also less chance for fire?

did this nerf get reverted?

Edited by anonym_gCiyicUsNYGl

Alpha Tester
1,954 posts
6,299 battles

i knew about the DD buff but what about zao? can't say much but i heard zao was going to have less hp (10k less hp) and higher shell arc.. also less chance for fire?

did this nerf get reverted?

I just read through the Reddit thread and compared the two Zao versions at gamemodels3d and the only thing changed is the number of hit points. Considering that (according to the Reddit post at least), the healing change only affects cruisers (battleships already heal 10% of citadel damage), I would say that I'm completely fine with the adjustments.

So yeah, only bad thing is the premium consumable change then. Though, I fear what will be done to Atago if this goes live. There is no way that the extra survivability isn't going to backfire later when more statistics have been collected.

Edited by Kartoffelmos

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

Am I the only one thinking that adding an extra charge on the "gold" repair party/defensive fire is a horrible idea? Might as well remove the entire superintended skill then. Also, while the healing of citadels certainly benefits high-tier cruisers, I fail to see how giving battleships even more healing capabilities is going to improve the balance.

EDIT: The healing bonus is only applied to cruisers, it seems.

You could also see it as a possibility of not having to use Superintendent. Because do you REALLY need that extra one? And might make the other tier 3 commander skills more appealing.

Players
122 posts
3,608 battles

So yeah, only bad thing is the premium consumable change then.

No its not. It cost around 20k silver. If someone can't afford that he should stop playing, cause he suck.

Edited by vortenus

Alpha Tester
1,954 posts
6,299 battles

No its not. It cost around 20k silver. If someone can't afford that he should stop playing, cause he suck.

And where did I imply that it was due to economic reasons? It's simply bad for the game because it affects captain skills and completely negates the reasons given when defensive fire was adjusted in an earlier patch (which made superintended a decent skill for cruisers in the first place). Not to mention battleships becoming even more durable, which obviously has no impact on the gameplay, right?

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
6,345 battles

Some of these changes are too good to be true. Won't believe it until I see it. I mean, fixing IJN torps detection... really? They ignored it ever since beta!

[UTW]
Alpha Tester
2,016 posts
8,315 battles

Well, sometimes something good happens. Happy with what I read, atm! :great:

Those new ports are really awesome! 

Edited by Okitank

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
6,345 battles

OnNA they say that target acquisition module now also increases torpedo acquisitio. So the torp detection buff is made to counter that

Alpha Tester
1,954 posts
6,299 battles

Why would Zao need a nerf? Does the only comperitive cruiser in high tiers annoy you that much?

My guess is that since only cruisers will be able to heal 33% of citadel damage (according to gamemodels3d, just checked), Zao would perhaps have been too strong without further adjustments (at least when compared to Des Moines). In any case, I do not view a reduction of 4k HP all that noteworthy when the healing gained from the repair party is +3k. I guess we just have to wait and see how the change will affect the performance of the ship.

OnNA they say that target acquisition module now also increases torpedo acquisitio. So the torp detection buff is made to counter that

Seeing as only battleships (which also got their rudder shift time nerfed) will have any use of that skill, it seems like a good trade-off to me. 

Edited by Kartoffelmos