Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_EFwxJOPWzlER

Why ?

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

So far it was mostly the opposite, most of people were whining that US DDs are so UP, did that torp range buff really change everything?

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,728 battles

My understanding is that IJN DDs are more suited to tackling other ships (CA/BB/CV) whereas the US and SN ones are much better suited to fighting other DDs due to being more gun-boaty.

Players
1,438 posts

When you look at the other DD 'Gunship' lines they're not really. It's just that the IJN DDs are supposed to centre around the stealth/torpedo attributes. Although I wouldn't mind a little better firepower in my Minekaze/Fujin :honoring:

Edit: Although some might say that the better 'firepower' DDs are beginning to encroach on the CA role with comparable damage but far better stealth.

Players
1,473 posts

So far it was mostly the opposite, most of people were whining that US DDs are so UP, did that torp range buff really change everything?

I think more the firepower, head to head the US DD's are far superior, they seem to reload very fast, on top of that the Mahon and Benson each have 5 turrets against the IJN with 3, by the time the IJN's have reloaded it is too late to really respond, USA DD's are well OP, but that's my opinion, be good to see what others have to say

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

I think more the firepower, head to head the US DD's are far superior, they seem to reload very fast, on top of that the Mahon and Benson each have 5 turrets against the IJN with 3, by the time the IJN's have reloaded it is too late to really respond, USA DD's are well OP, but that's my opinion, be good to see what others have to say

IJN ones have dual gun turrets. And while US DDs are gunboats, IJN ones have much better camo values/torps so I don't see whats the problem. Both of those nation DDs excel at different stuff. Also US DDs have horrible shell arcs which makes it really hard to hit stuff at longer ranges.

Beta Tester
1,716 posts

The game would be pretty boring if all the nations ship classes were all the same. DD hunting is what US DD's do, IJN DD's hunt bigger game. Play accordingly, see a US DD, run, simple.

• Cool 1

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

How about you play USN DDs up to Benson and then return to topic after finding out how well you'll do with Mahan's 7,9km detectability?

Though with your really bad results even in Isokaze and Minekaze I doubt you would get anywhere there soon as you aren't doing that hot even in anything with more and bigger guns and armor/hitpoints to actually survive some incoming fire.

Edit: Although some might say that the better 'firepower' DDs are beginning to encroach on the CA role with comparable damage but far better stealth.

While best gunship DD players can do lots of damage so can skilled BB/cruiser skippers do.

And of course besides skill those very high damage matches require also luck/favorable situation...

Or that bad luck with team of total loosers who wouldn't qualify even for captaincy of child's bark boat.

Loosers Score.jpgLoosers team.jpgLoosers details.jpg

Players
1,438 posts

How about you play USN DDs up to Benson and then return to topic after finding out how well you'll do with Mahan's 7,9km detectability?

Though with your really bad results even in Isokaze and Minekaze I doubt you would get anywhere there soon as you aren't doing that hot even in anything with more and bigger guns and armor/hitpoints to actually survive some incoming fire.

While best gunship DD players can do lots of damage so can skilled BB/cruiser skippers do.

And of course besides skill those very high damage matches require also luck/favorable situation...

Or that bad luck with team of total loosers who wouldn't qualify even for captaincy of child's bark boat.

Loosers Score.jpgLoosers team.jpgLoosers details.jpg

Apologies Esa I probably didn't explain myself well but I was trying to express that, IMO, rather than a buff to IJN DDs it is possibly better to bring down the abilities of some of the other DD lines.

Personally I would prefer to see a greater similarity within a class rather than the overlapping that seems to be present over all ship classes (even CVs that now seem to be scouting more and more). I think both the firepower on some of the DDs coupled with better stealth and the damage BBs dish out with the Torpedo dodging manoeuvrability they have, has led to the decline in CVs. I am sure someone may be able to give stats to prove/disprove this(?) :honoring:

Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
1,108 battles

Thread closed due to breaches of the forum rules:

2.5 Off Topic, spamming and trolling

This category includes:

• Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
• Making non-constructive posts, or creating threads on non-constructive topics