You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PhantomSailor

Want the option of joining specific maps

9 comments in this topic

Players
295 posts
9,010 battles

So been playing for quite some time now and random battles are fun, but the same maps over many battles is really boring.

I want Wargaming to implement this because there are many maps I haven't played much since I started.

I want some variation and join those maps I almost never play more than a couple of times during a week.

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester
1,804 posts
8,689 battles

That will probably not happen or at least not until we get a lot more players.

Having players pick maps would add an additional thing to the matchmaker algorithm which will result in either longer waiting times or worse imballanced matches as it would probably be a feature a fair few people will use.

Wargaming is monitoring the matches however and they will change the map rotation if they think that one map is played not often enough or one map is played more often than intended.

Beta Tester, Players
470 posts
4,908 battles

there is a nice compromise in Mech Warrior on-line, after you hit battle in the lobby thing there is a choice of 4 random maps everybody gets and what ever map the most players selected, thats the map that will be used. on there same screen there is the same thing for game modes.

i think that would work here.

Beta Tester
193 posts
3,372 battles

Different maps can favour different types of ship - so I kind of worry that this could lead to all BB games as the BB players vote for map A, all DD games as the DD players vote map B etc..

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,057 posts
17,279 battles

Good idea, but probably hopeless. They did not implement it in the WoT when it was proposed.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,900 battles

Good idea, but probably hopeless. They did not implement it in the WoT when it was proposed.

Because it was a terrible idea!! It would completely imbalance the game. with players only selecting maps there Ship/Tank is strong on
  • Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,057 posts
17,279 battles

Because it was a terrible idea!! It would completely imbalance the game. with players only selecting maps there Ship/Tank is strong on

I could also work the other way arround, next map is ... pick a ship from tiers ... to...

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,900 battles

I could also work the other way arround, next map is ... pick a ship from tiers ... to...

Just as bad! its called randome battles that means you pic your ship and then get whatever map.

If they implement this what next. The ability to select always top tier or always bottom or maybe state what ship classes you want to garantee you DONT see. It would also add a large overhead to the MM and increase wait time

Edited by T0byJug

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,057 posts
17,279 battles

Just as bad! its called randome battles that means you pic your ship and then get whatever map.

If they implement this what next. The ability to select always top tier or always bottom or maybe state what ship classes you want to garantee you DONT see. It would also add a large overhead to the MM and increase wait time

It s called random battle not because of the random map, but because of the random team. For example, team battles in WoT (not available here) are also played on random map but are called team battles.