You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ShipComrade

Mikhail Kutuzov : Wargaming API Stats

37 comments in this topic

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,006 posts
8,054 battles

Looks pretty horrible to me, it is basicly a 155mm Mogami with 20% less firepower, worse range and worse torpedos.

[DSW]
Players
3,789 posts
7,737 battles

Could it be that they've made a mistake and it's actually a T7? I think it would fit much better there...

if even that... looks like a Cleveland with worse AA but 2x5 torpedoes (and probably better shell arcs admittedly...) to me

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

if even that... looks like a Cleveland with worse AA but 2x5 torpedoes (and probably better shell arcs admittedly...) to me

Don't think the AA is weaker than on Cleve, the DPS is quite strong and the range is good. As for arcs, I strongly believe they will be much much better on this ship than on Cleve and the torps seems relatively good, 8 km is fine for a CA

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

This ship definitely has its issues, but I wouldn't say its the main armament.
Range will be fine with AFT (unless they actually decide to change it) and due to the higher fire rate and much better turret traverse speed its primary guns can be considered equal to the Mogami.

That's the only thing it got going for it, though.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,068 posts
17,316 battles

Another thing is: tier 8 premium cruiser... when high tier games are dominated by BBs.

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,531 battles

Apparently we may see this ship in action after tonight's patch. Once the advanced tech tree mod is available, we'll be able to better understand what this ship is about. And if it really isn't good at all, WG might fix it in time before it's being sold.

Torp firing angle could be decend as well. May be 120° to each side?

Edited by Takru

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,965 battles

Apparently we may see this ship in action after tonight's patch. Once the advanced tech tree mod is available, we'll be able to better understand what this ship is about. And if it really isn't good at all, WG might fix it in time before it's being sold.

Torp firing angle could be decend as well. May be 120° to each side?

Sadly it's ~80° to each side.

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,420 battles

Another premium floating citadel... 

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

Another thing is: tier 8 premium cruiser... when high tier games are dominated by BBs.

Well, the Atago is doing pretty good these days from what I've heard since the recent buffs.

Maybe the Kutuzov will have the regeneration ability as well.

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,531 battles

The few T8+ games I played were pretty mixed with all ship classes ...

Anyway, looking forward to a new ship in the game. The more the better.

Players
86 posts

Looks pretty horrible to me, it is basicly a 155mm Mogami with 20% less firepower, worse range and worse torpedos.

No. Product of Sacred Mother Russia simply cannot be horrible ! :):)

[AXS]
Players
27 posts

Hmm this ship launch in 1954. Nice WG its time launch new modern era ship. Absolute terrible balanced game.

Yees. I have idea. Take USS Zumwalt to game. Its time to removed torpedos and launch many missiles.

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,068 posts
17,316 battles

Hmm this ship launch in 1954. Nice WG its time launch new modern era ship. Absolute terrible balanced game.

Of course, all Russian ships must be stronk!
  • Cool 1

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,531 battles

It's a guncruiser, what are you complaining about? It'll have comparable guns while not being able to use any tech advantages it might have had IRL.

[HEROS]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,581 posts
12,110 battles

Considering Kutuzow with it's technology is, well, WW II level of technology, I think it doesn't matter. Stats reflect that kinda nice. Will see how it fares.

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

Ahhh, the "CA mafia" again.

If the high tier games were dominated by BBs only, don't you think that adding a T8 premium cruiser would reduce that since a lot of people will by and play that cruiser?

And just so you know, they are dominated by DDs now, but I understand, even if WG removes BBs, people would still say "BB mafia", "too much BBs in high tiers"! :rolleyes:

[HNS]
Players
726 posts
10,002 battles

Yees. I have idea. Take USS Zumwalt to game. Its time to removed torpedos and launch many missiles.

You can also check this thread:

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/37437-new-tier-8-premium-ship-soviet-cruiser-sverdlov/page__hl__%20sverdlov#topmost

Most things have already been discussed. It is a pre-WW2 design gun cruiser. Personally i don't have any problem with its inclusion in the game.

...unless they plan to make the ship below the Russian tier X... :amazed:

Kirov_class_cruiser.jpg

Edited by Sonic_157

Community Contributor
131 posts
31 battles

Actually, not the first time a 1950's ship was put into game. The Murmansk was finished in 1955. But when you look at where the Russian ship tech was during this era, It's not really anymore advanced than the other Nations.

As long as the ship doesn't have missles or a nuclear reactor, still kind of fits

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

Actually, not the first time a 1950's ship was put into game. The Murmansk was finished in 1955. But when you look at where the Russian ship tech was during this era, It's not really anymore advanced than the other Nations.

As long as the ship doesn't have missles or a nuclear reactor, still kind of fits

The "Murmansk" in the game is this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Milwaukee_%28CL-5%29  :unsure:
Edited by Admiral_H_Nelson

[-AWF-]
Players
1,196 posts
6,468 battles

The "Murmansk" in the game is this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Milwaukee_%28CL-5%29  :unsure:

Quite so, I have seen the later Murmansk in Norway, and that is not a Omaha.

[LOBUZ]
Players
4,327 posts
16,673 battles

Are they also going to add the most famous signal in the history of the so called Russian Navy - XGE?

[-AWF-]
Players
1,196 posts
6,468 battles

Are they also going to add the most famous signal in the history of the so called Russian Navy - XGE?

No you did not... :teethhappy:

Besides, they were not that bad. they beat the British fishing fleet after all.