Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Andreevson

Class-only missions for a whole week = A bad thing indeed.

17 comments in this topic

Players
580 posts
1,135 battles

Seriously, who came up with the idea of giving DD-only missions this week and did not stop to think that the matches will be absolutely infested with them?

I wonder what missions they will release next. BB-only week? The week that every cruiser player will sigh, take as a break from the game, and will throw a disgusted spit on the ground as he goes to play The-other-games-I-shall-not-name-in-fear-of-my-thread-getting-closed-by-a-mod?

Get some sense please. This is not a good mission strategy. Everyone needs to have something to do.

• Cool 5

[DSW]
Players
3,794 posts
7,746 battles

considering the complete lack of worthwhile rewards, I (and I'm sure I'm not alone in that) completely ignore these missions, and neither have I noticed any change in population of the matches...

Players
580 posts
1,135 battles

considering the complete lack of worthwhile rewards, I (and I'm sure I'm not alone in that) completely ignore these missions, and neither have I noticed any change in population of the matches...

Every match I played this week has had a minimum of 3 DDs per team. That was the maximum before. Never before have I seen more than 3 on each team, and now I regularily see 5 per team, which dont even play that well and die in the first 3 minutes or less.
Edited by Andreevson

[T-N-T]
Players
1,954 posts
9,438 battles

It was CV missions the week before and it didn't look like matches were full of them. (See calendar for what next week will bring, if a recall well, it will be cruiser week next.) And I'm not seeing that many DDs in matches now. What I am and keep seeing all the time is that cruisers don't give a damn about DDs and I'm regularly hunted by them in my Fuso and Nagato struggling to sink them by myself (and by manoeuvring away from their torps, I usually end up showing my broadside to some distant BB that then easily citadels me).

And yes, the rewards are negligible.

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

Seriously, who came up with the idea of giving DD-only missions this week and did not stop to think that the matches will be absolutely infested with them?

You suggest that those absolutely "awesome" rewards did in fact caused even one more destroyer to show out there? There have been tons of them even before missions. On lower tiers i saw battles when half of both teams are DD's.

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

Normally those kinda missions are expected to motivate you to play with that class, and I would have been motivated if the prizes weren't so SHITTY.

[DSW]
Players
3,794 posts
7,746 battles

Every match I played this week has had a minimum of 3 DDs per team. That was the maximum before. Never before have I seen more than 3 on each team, and now I regularily see 5 per team, which dont even play that well and die in the first 3 minutes or less.

hmmm well that's been generally my experience over the last few weeks, no matter the tier - guess we're just getting different matches then...

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

I definitely haven't been motivated to play DDs by the missions considering how bad their difficulty/reward ratio is.

I doubt the amount of DDs per match has significantly increased because of it, if at all.

I've seen up to 7 DDs in the enemy team even before the missions arrived.

[-TXG-]
Players
2,377 posts

On the plus side of 4 or 5 DD's on each team, there are a damn lot of players with no idea how to play them. :) 

Edited by bushwacker001

Players
284 posts
3,020 battles

I wonder what missions they will release next. BB-only week? The week that every cruiser player will sigh, take as a break from the game, and will throw a disgusted spit on the ground as he goes to play The-other-games-I-shall-not-name-in-fear-of-my-thread-getting-closed-by-a-mod?

Get some sense please. This is not a good mission strategy. Everyone needs to have something to do.

Well, at least it will be a wonderful time to bring out the atlanta :teethhappy:

Players
158 posts
1,580 battles

I have not bothered with the missions as the rewards are not worth me bothering to actually try with, if I complete one playing as I usually do then all to the good but otherwise I do not bother with them (I have not used any flags in battles yet though and have plenty). 

From my experience with the Carriers and Destroyer missions I have not seen any change in team make ups, they do not seem to have motivated people to try other classes or play them more often than usual. 

[RN]
Alpha Tester
920 posts

It was CV missions the week before and it didn't look like matches were full of them. (See calendar for what next week will bring, if a recall well, it will be cruiser week next.) And I'm not seeing that many DDs in matches now. What I am and keep seeing all the time is that cruisers don't give a damn about DDs and I'm regularly hunted by them in my Fuso and Nagato struggling to sink them by myself (and by manoeuvring away from their torps, I usually end up showing my broadside to some distant BB that then easily citadels me).

And yes, the rewards are negligible.

agreed its not really fun when u have to hunt 2-3 enemy DDs with your spedboat (colorado) and when u look around your cruisers chase  BBs and the other BB in team has bbq on deck and is calling butcher for more meat...

Sign in to follow this