Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hwrs_Xander

Why is the compensation after being tked not enough to pay repairs?

28 comments in this topic

Players
10 posts

Just finished a match where I got team killed by a "friendly" launching torpedos at such close proximity that it was impossible to avoid and seemed to be the intention, this was at the start of the match so I got no chance to score much points nor any kills, in the detailed report I do not only get less compensated than my total repairs I did also not get my 8k for camo back and two used signals.

What is the reason for this?

Why do the punishment not cover at the very least my total repair costs? 

attached screens of the after battle report.

B.jpg

shot-15.12.09_01.14.12-0816.jpg

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,062 battles

To prevent players deliberately getting themselves team killed to pay for their repairs.

Not sure how common this would be, but that's WGs reasoning behind it.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
581 posts
3,759 battles

Ok WG I got it. You don't want to make TKed one rich but make the TKer bastard poor at least...

[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
4,328 battles

Ok WG I got it. You don't want to make TKed one rich but make the TKer bastard poor at least...

He pays four times what you recieve.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,482 posts
7,994 battles

He pays four times what you recieve.

The difference goes to WG as an administrative cost.
  • Cool 2

[PORT]
Modder
1,493 posts
11,001 battles

Once I torped from second row and had to pay more than 120k penalty.

Without premium, this really hurted me, and teached me to pay more attention. :fishpalm:

[HOME]
Players
759 posts
7,593 battles

Once I torped from second row and had to pay more than 120k penalty.

Without premium, this really hurted me, and teached me to pay more attention. :fishpalm:

too bad most people cant learn from their mistakes....i once got penalty for torping from the first line though....i had no idea our atago was a player with 39% win rate who thinks turning into friendly torps is a good iidea just like racing friendly destroyers towards enemy positions :) luckily for me enemy BBs had already done some work on him before i hit him and he was as good as dead already because had my torps not hit him a full BB salvo right in the flank wpuld have....

I think the biggest problem is that most people dont know how torps work....like omaha players using their short range torps against ships 10km away with 3 friendly ships in the way....

But yeah its sad you dont get much money but its much worse for the offender which is how it should be...

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles

To prevent players deliberately getting themselves team killed to pay for their repairs.

Not sure how common this would be, but that's WGs reasoning behind it.

They are programmers right? How hard could it be to program something that would determine if the person that got teamkilled was an accident or not?

For example, 

1) If tk happens within the first <INSERT NUMBER HERE> seconds > full payout

2) If done 100% damage and hit with more then 1 shot > full payout

3) If detonation and only hit with x amount of shells / torps > partial payout (just bad luck)

4) If damage done was less then 100% and more then x shots > partial payout based on % of health remaining (50% damaged and then tk'd for the remaining 50% would mean the tking party would have to pay 50% of the repair and consumable price of the victim(excluding flags or items bought with doubloons))

[PMI]
Players
2,406 posts
5,626 battles

They are programmers right? How hard could it be to program something that would determine if the person that got teamkilled was an accident or not?

For example, 

3) If detonation and only hit with x amount of shells / torps > partial payout (just bad luck)

4) If damage done was less then 100% and more then x shots > partial payout based on % of health remaining (50% damaged and then tk'd for the remaining 50% would mean the tking party would have to pay 50% of the repair and consumable price of the victim(excluding flags or items bought with doubloons))

You try to teach them logic?

GTFO here, WG does not do logic!!!!

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,062 battles

For example, 

This looks more like differences between deliberate and accidental team kills.

What is a player deliberately turned into a spread of torpedoes? This is the sort of thing that is hard to determine. And if something like this could be done tthere probably would be someone who'd do it.

Players
10 posts

Thanks for the replies, I 'am glad the (in my case) intentional teamkiller gets punished more severely behind the screen, its at least a bit of "Karma".

I can understand WG does not want players to make a profit by intentionally teamkilling,

probably already suggested somewhere in this forum to use something like reflecting team damage done by a specific percentage, its a hard lesson but I think it would teach most to be more careful, the last three days I got twice team killed and shot at close range (at the start of the matches) by so called friendlies and that was only in my DD, I do hope its not a new hype. 

Players
19 posts
8,568 battles

Ye some people turn into your torpedoes on purpose if they can. Had a game where i did well in nicholas and we were competing for the last cv points . I fired torps on the cv and our cruiser turned into them. There was nothing there exept my torps and rocks, and no need to dodge fo there were not any enemy fire. So if the repair is covered 100 percent then many more will try to get torped by friendlies if battle doesnt go well.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,309 posts
9,577 battles

It really is ridiculous.

Today I catch a friendly torpedo, lose most of my health and eventually sink because flooding damage couldn't be prevented as the damage control ability was on cooldown, I get 1500 credits and a 3500 repair bill. At that moment I thought I could live with that, grudgingly but whatever, crap happens.

But later today in a game, I purposefully check out where my team is, where they are heading, see that everyone is sailing away from battle, I warn everyone in chat that I'll fire torpedoes behind us to force the enemy team to evade, fire the torpedoes, warn again that torpedoes are now in the water and THEN a friendly destroyers suddenly turns around, speeds towards the enemy again, I warn him in chat (yet again) that he should watch out for my torpedoes (which anyone on my team can clearly see!) and manages to get himself hit by one.

And then I get billed 15000 credits for compensation.

What?

So get teamkilled by an idiot destroyer captain (who btw launched his 4,5km max range torpedoes when the nearest enemy ship was 8km away, right into my path from behind me where there's no way he didn't see me! That's either stupid of the month or deliberate teamkiller ...), but I hit a fool who went out of his way to play tag with my torpedoes after I did everything humanly possible to prevent friendly fire short of not firing my torpedoes at all (which would've meant three enemy destroyers hot on our tails ... hilariously enough the enemy destroyers turned to avoid the torpedoes), do NOT kill him, yet pay ten times the credits that I recieved for an earlier match that same day when I got sunk by a teammate. Those two matches were even same tier games so difference in torpedo damage is most decidedly not the cause for the billing difference.

To be fair, I don't mean to cry about being overcharged for friendly fire compensations. I should've accounted for the chance that some fool would turn around and might sail straight into my torps. Hell, for all I know the ruthless efficient steering to even catch on of those torpedoes is suspicious enough to make me think he might've done that deliberately to try and troll me by making me a teamkiller or whatever stupid thoughts go through the heads of online kids nowadays.

But when I saw I paid 15000 credits, yet only get a tenth of that sum when I'm the one suffering from it, that's just plain unfair.

Yes, make friendly fire expensive to deter people from doing it. But give the victims a sizeable portion of that pie. Raise the recieved compensation to at least cover the repair bill. Boosters getting deliberately teamkilled only make a profit if they actually earn some credits legitimately through playing, even if all damage done by teammates is compensated 1:1.

Edited by Aotearas

[T_N_T]
Players
79 posts
6,604 battles

I find it utterly stupid that you dont get a full payout for dmg done to your ship by friend fire.

I got TKd by an idiot in Fuso, at the start of the game, he was the only one that did dmg to me. I got 40k credits back....and my repairs were 64k (was driving Nagato)

If it was going by the amount of dmg done, he did 100% dmg to me. I got 2/3 of repair cost. What part of this is logical?

Abusing the system is one thing, that can be set with rules and harsh punishment, so that is no excuse.

But current system is flawed, i dont care if the TKer got charged 4 or 40 times the amount, the victim needs to get ship repair money depending on dmg taken by friendly fire.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,482 posts
7,994 battles

I find it utterly stupid that you dont get a full payout for dmg done to your ship by friend fire.

I got TKd by an idiot in Fuso, at the start of the game, he was the only one that did dmg to me. I got 40k credits back....and my repairs were 64k (was driving Nagato)

If it was going by the amount of dmg done, he did 100% dmg to me. I got 2/3 of repair cost. What part of this is logical?

Abusing the system is one thing, that can be set with rules and harsh punishment, so that is no excuse.

But current system is flawed, i dont care if the TKer got charged 4 or 40 times the amount, the victim needs to get ship repair money depending on dmg taken by friendly fire.

You still get a decent sum. I think you don't get the full compensation because not all friendly fire incidents are 100% on the one doing the damage. For example if you ram into the side of a ship which is currently firing on an enemy far away you'll probably get hit and you can't really say that it's the fault of the guy you rammed.

So the amount you get as compensation takes that into account without actually identifying who was at fault in each individual case, as that would be completely unrealistic.

Beta Tester
847 posts

I think it is a fair thing, that you don't get the full compensation. Just imagine there is a dd firing at 10 km range (his max torpo range, so slow torpedo) on an enemy BB and actually hitting it with the torpedo after they traveled > 9 km. And a friendly BB who somehow manages to drive into the torpedoes after they traveled 9 km. As usual the BB player rages as hell, because the DD player dares to fire a torpedo who actually hits the enemy BB he wanted to kill himself. And it is not completely the DD players fault. After 9 km travel time every BB captain should be able to see them and not deliberatly move into the torpedoes just to secure "his" kill on a target the DD player shot at like 2 minutes earlier. 

Edited by N00b32

[420HI]
Players
256 posts
6,584 battles

I think it is a fair thing, that you don't get the full compensation. Just imagine there is a dd firing at 10 km range (his max torpo range, so slow torpedo) on an enemy BB and actually hitting it with the torpedo after they traveled > 9 km. And a friendly BB who somehow manages to drive into the torpedoes after they traveled 9 km. As usual the BB player rages as hell, because the DD player dares to fire a torpedo who actually hits the enemy BB he wanted to kill himself. And it is not completely the DD players fault. After 9 km travel time every BB captain should be able to see them and not deliberatly move into the torpedoes just to secure "his" kill on a target the DD player shot at like 2 minutes earlier. 

KEEP ON ROCKING! STAY TRUE TO YOUR NAME.

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

The only thing you can do is live with it.

The first and only time I bought the Christmas camo, I got teamkilled within a few minutes of the battle. Didn't get any compensation and I will not buy the camo ever again.

The TK punishment system could have been done better by a 4 year old and so far only thing WG has done/will be done is that from 5.2 ships will take 50% less torp damage from friendlies...

Players
57 posts
4,218 battles
quoted post removed

Serb mafia ... woooow rly ?! :ohmy: You have a lot of issues, who hurt you so much ...

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

[420HI]
Players
256 posts
6,584 battles

Serb mafia ... woooow rly ? U must be some bad-[edited]from where ?

[edited]
Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

[SAD-]
Beta Tester, Players
749 posts
6,639 battles
quoted post removed

For the benefit of this courtroom.. Can you please point to the areas on this doll where the nasty man touched you?

Back on topic, you will have players on purpose going into your friendly fire.... only to cover there repairs if they have sucked out...

I agree something more serious must come from players who repeatedly team kill and 24 hour ban is simply not enough.... I propose you go pink... if you team kill within 5 minutes of the game you get banned for 4 days.... if when you return you get team kill within a week of your ban... you get an account wipe... if after the account wipe you team kill in lol tiers.. your ip is banned from registering on the game again... harsh but effective deterrent...

Edited by RogDodgeUK
  • Cool 1

Players
57 posts
4,218 battles
quoted post removed

Edited by RogDodgeUK

[420HI]
Players
256 posts
6,584 battles

For the benefit of this courtroom.. Can you please point to the areas on this doll where the nasty man touched you?

[edited]

Edited by RogDodgeUK

Sign in to follow this