Sign in to follow this  
Atris2nd

Long-term japanese plans.

8 comments in this topic

[PORT]
Beta Tester
291 posts
2,701 battles

Right-o, a friend gifted me the Warspite for Christmas as an early gift and I've been farming a ton of money with it to grab myself Amagi. 

Plan with Amagi is to grab the 2nd hull straight off the bat and then manually upgrade the rest, grinding it out until the Izumo. From what I hear, Amagi doesn't disappoint even if her armor is a bit lackluster. Exceptional mobility for a BB and a ton of firepower seems pretty good. Question is, once I get to Izumo, should I just skip it to Yamato, saving up all the credits I make whilst grinding Amagi and playing Murmansk + Warspite or is it worth going through? I ask since I remember being told to skip Ibuki, only to find out that she's an immensely enjoyable ship.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,627 battles

If converting exp is not a big problem for you, i sugest you skip it. Amagis maintanence isnt as expensive as Izumos, where you will be loosing credits most of the time, even if winning, so save your 10mil silver, unlock Izumo and her hull, then take Yamato. Yamato how ever,is the most expensive girl out there, with maintanence costs going over 300-350k if destroyed, so make sure you always have credits when going out with her . As for Ibuki, shes pretty much Mogami with upgraded guns and extra AA, but Mogami with stock guns is a lot more fun.

[DSW]
Players
3,785 posts
7,726 battles

by the way, what happens if you lose money on a game (say Yamato getting detonated by a single early carrier torp, as I've seen happen...), and don't have enough to pay the bill? Does the game confiscate your ship?

Beta Tester
814 posts
13,545 battles

If you got the credits... Don't skip the Izumo. All the talk about her being bad is very much blown up. Fully upgraded, she is as good as any other battleship (honestly, the only ones I found bad in the IJN line are Kawachi and Myogi) and very capable of soaking up a lot of damage and dishing it out.

You just have to get used to the funky turret placement and be aware of what you can and can't do with it.

Employ usual BB tactics, don't show your side and you will bounce everything but Yamato EASILY. She has amazing armor. I really do not know what people who say her armor is bad are talking about. Also, the superstructure is relatively small so cruisers will have a bit harder time HE spamming you.

AA is also very good - even with no upgrades, just the captain skill she is capable of swatting planes down like nobody's business.

The only bad thing I found about her is her turrets being taken out very easily.

Tomorrow I'll get the Yamato, and honestly I'll be sad to sell my Izumo.

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,492 battles

Myogi and Kawachi aren't that bad ships, really. It's just that the two of them need to be played totally different. Kawachi is more of a brawler, Myogi is long range sniper.

Still stuck at Nagato, not yet decided whether or not I'll continue US or IJN BB line.

@shockpirat: No spare port slot?

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,004 posts
8,039 battles

Izumo was a horrible ship in closed beta with 150mm armor and much much more dangerous carriers. Since then the Izumo got a decent armor and carriers got nerfed into oblivion so it is quite enjoyable to sail. The guns are bigger and more accurate than the Iowas and if you upgrade the secondaries they are insanely good shooting up to 10km+.

[PORT]
Beta Tester
291 posts
2,701 battles

Thanks for the input. Money is rarely an issue for me with Murmansk, Warspite, Myoko and Zao printing out tons of it. So hopefully Yamato won't be a struggle when I get to her.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,725 battles

I'm about to finish the Amagi and I'm short of credits.  I have the premiums available so I just need to knuckle down really but the ~35 mil I've spent on the Iowa so far has really wiped me out.  I think a lot of people are starting to see the Izumo as an ok ship even if it is not fantastic.

My plan involves throwing all of my ~60-65k free EXP at it giving me at head start to a fully optimised ship but that in itself presents challenges as even though I will sell the Amagi and recycle some modules it will likely require me to have 15-20 mil around.  I will also attach the ESCL flags and other things to speed things up but the EXP requirements for the Yamato are huge and I am not paying for that.

Sign in to follow this