Server Downtime 21/02 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
julmatar

What is dive bombers set of fire change?

12 comments in this topic

[TAITO]
Players
224 posts
6,298 battles

Have any1 tryed demolition expert it's good or useless? i think if now dive bombers set fire almost allways so if you get 3% change more does it really help?

the idea is that if you got 19 skill points total you could choose demolition expert for you last 4 points if that 3% matters anything

Edited by Zampero

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

Chance of dive bombers to set fire to the target is 120% on a hit unless the bomb causes an incapacitation, but skills and natural fire reduction inherent to each ship reduce that chance.

I thought dive bomber fire chance was shown in the detailed view of their statistics, but it's definitely not there right now.

Not sure where I got the 120% from, but rest assured that as long as your bomb hit doesn't incapacitate a module, it is very very likely to cause a fire and 3% aren't gonna be making a difference.

[TAITO]
Players
224 posts
6,298 battles

hmm how it can sometimes just hit but not fire if change is that high? even without incapitation hit

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

hmm how it can sometimes just hit but not fire if change is that high? even without incapitation hit

Well, captain skills, modules and natural fire protection reduce the fire chance.

Also, I'm not 100% sure about the 120% chance. I swear I saw it in-game somewhere, but I can't find it, so I can definitely be wrong.

Without a doubt the fire chance is high enough that raising it by 3% is not worth it, though.

Beta Tester
1,198 posts
5,428 battles

Without a doubt the fire chance is high enough that raising it by 3% is not worth it, though.

You know that the 3% is relative right?

If your base chance is 1%, it will be 1.03% after the skill, if it's 50% it will be increased to 51.5%...

Chance of dive bombers to set fire to the target is 120% on a hit unless the bomb causes an incapacitation,

I can guarantee you it's no 120%. Around 50-75% of all divebomber bombs seem to cause fires in practice.

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

If your base chance is 1%, it will be 1.03% after the skill, if it's 50% it will be increased to 51.5%...

I'm pretty sure it's additive, in which case a 50% chance would turn into 53%.

Either way it would not be worth it, though.

I can guarantee you it's no 120%. Around 50-75% of all divebomber bombs seem to cause fires in practice.

Well, that's the theoretical fire chance before any adjustments due to captain skills and natural ship fire resistance.

In my experience 85-90% of bombs that hit and do not incapacitate a module cause a fire.

In the past the torpedo bomber details page showed a statistic called "Chance of fire on target caused by HE bomb" which was 120%.

For some reason that statistic got removed. Must have been around 0.5.1.

Here is a screenshot from the beta for example (it was bugged back then and only showed 1%, though):

KG82UFy.png

Beta Tester
1,198 posts
5,428 battles

Well, that's the theoretical fire chance before any adjustments due to captain skills and natural ship fire resistance.

In my experience 85-90% of bombs that hit and do not incapacitate a module cause a fire.

If that is the case... Why do I consistently see combat results like 9 bomb hits, 4 fires ( no incapacitate ) ???

The probability of 3 bomb hits without fire if it was 90% chance each would be one in thousand... yet it happens every 2-3 games...

Clearly your numbers and "experience" in this matter is wrong unless there is a huge difference in fire chance for different Carriers.

If you want to find a decent estimate of the fire chance play 20 CV games and record number of bomb hits and fires manually, then just divide them.

Players
12 posts
576 battles

If that is the case... Why do I consistently see combat results like 9 bomb hits, 4 fires ( no incapacitate ) ???

The probability of 3 bomb hits without fire if it was 90% chance each would be one in thousand... yet it happens every 2-3 games...

Clearly your numbers and "experience" in this matter is wrong unless there is a huge difference in fire chance for different Carriers.

If you want to find a decent estimate of the fire chance play 20 CV games and record number of bomb hits and fires manually, then just divide them.

With the Essex/Midway my experience is that I get a fire every 30-40% of the time a bomb hits (not incap).

Beta Tester
1,361 posts
5,279 battles

Demolition expert is additative, where as fire prevention is not.

As for the fire chance, beats me. As soon as a bomb hits me, I am on fire, so speaking as a target it looks like firechance is very high on divebombers.

[TIPC]
[TIPC]
Players
97 posts
8,730 battles

There are less fires from bomb hits because you can only start one fire in each section of the ship. If two bombs hit one section, only one of them will start the fire.

Beta Tester
1,198 posts
5,428 battles

There are less fires from bomb hits because you can only start one fire in each section of the ship. If two bombs hit one section, only one of them will start the fire.

That actually makes alot of sense... Still most ships have 3-4 sections and given the dispersion of bombs (most of the time not all will hit the ship), there shouldn't be that huge difference. Especially not since my experience is playing as Japan which only can drop 4 bombs.

As for the fire chance, beats me. As soon as a bomb hits me, I am on fire, so speaking as a target it looks like firechance is very high on divebombers.

That doesn't mean the chance has to be very high though if your hit by multiple bombs. If firechance is for example 60% and your hit by 3 bombs the chance to not be set on fire is 0.4^3 = 0.064 = 6.4% or less then one in 15

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,233 posts
7,096 battles

Have any1 tryed demolition expert it's good or useless? i think if now dive bombers set fire almost allways so if you get 3% change more does it really help?

the idea is that if you got 19 skill points total you could choose demolition expert for you last 4 points if that 3% matters anything

sorry, but you will never reach 19th point, its almost impossible

Sign in to follow this