You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

0.5.1.4 introduces new camouflage?

92 comments in this topic

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,998 posts

According to the RU-forums, the new update will bring a new camouflage, which will give +100%XP, and a reduced accuracy of your targeting enemies by 4%. It will cost 30 Doubloons per use. It looks like this:

aYDk79b.jpg

Am I the only one who think this looks rubbish? (couldn't they use a historically based skin, instead of this colouring made by a 5yo?). I found those Halloween-skins already quite unbearable. Then the Anime-skins (which luckily can be turned off), now this... Who comes up with these designs, and why???

• Cool 14

WoWs Wiki Team, In AlfaTesters
1,992 posts

No, you are not the only only one, but I just dont really care about a patch that do nothing to players. A new camo and a ship for a few. Great, that's what I call a patch. xDDD

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

Why according to RU forums? You can see it clearly on worldofwarships.eu website :D

And its basically the same ripoff as the halloween skin, just in some sort of Christmas tone...

• Cool 3

Players
169 posts

Why according to RU forums? You can see it clearly on worldofwarships.eu website :D

And its basically the same ripoff as the halloween skin, just in some sort of Christmas tone...

My thoughts exactly.   It does however makes grinding a lot quicker... Provided you perform well in a match (and that your team carries as well).

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

My thoughts exactly.   It does however makes grinding a lot quicker... Provided you perform well in a match (and that your team carries as well).

Agree, if it was available for credits I'd most definitely use it. This way? Maaaaaaybe, if I end up with low amount of gold I got nothing else to spend on.

EDIT: But hey, Christmas is obviously about giving, so why not give WG some more of our money? :trollface:

Edited by Troublemaker_CRO

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles

Please somebody start working in a PROPER camo and not a stupid colourful Xmas pattern

• Cool 1

[DSW]
Players
3,794 posts
7,737 battles

hey that's something we can put the extra dubloons we got out of Wargaming's brilliant bundles to use for right?! :P

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles

I like it :rolleyes:

Lol. No wonder here. You do know why they use green and red for traffic lights?

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

Lol. No wonder here. You do know why they use green and red for traffic lights?

Bl**dy scrooge :P

Players
377 posts

Just when I thought they wont unpleasantly surprise me again....here is this ugly money drain skin which gives you 100% XP......

I love this game despite all their crap but it wont last im affraid...

[HNS]
Players
726 posts
10,008 battles

The official site states that it is a "New Year's special camouflage", so i guess they went for the Xmas look.
I believe it wont be a permanent thing. It will probably be withdrawn after the holidays.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,667 battles

Won't buy, waiting for unified account to arrive. Would gladly use them in WoWs, but WoT has the advantage that you can actually use them on something. A premium day cost the equivalent of 8 of these skins, and then you'll get more credits as well. A far wiser choice given what the major bottleneck in this game are.

EDIT: But nice to see that they add new items to the ingame store, even though it is to fleece players through ignorance.

Edited by Vogel
  • Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles

Bl**dy scrooge :P

No, that s not it, it s because the contrast between red and green is very visible, that s why they use it on traffic lights. The perfect cammo. :D
Edited by 22cm

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

I like it :rolleyes:

I like it too. Actually i like all new content. Just not the price.
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
78 posts
5,771 battles

I wouldn't necessarily say I would't pay doubloons for a 2xXP camo. But I would certainly say I wouldn't pay doubloons for a camo that I would look a total [edited]in, and everyone else could see that I looked like a [edited]!

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

I would just like to know how the hell that camo makes it harder to hit the ship!? I mean, look at it! That looks like the opposite of camo!

Okay, I know dazzle camo works in a different way, but still! That camo should make it easier to him the ship, damn it! :D

Players
2,743 posts
15,612 battles

According to the RU-forums, the new update will bring a new camouflage, which will give +100%XP, and a reduced accuracy of your targeting enemies by 4%. It will cost 30 Doubloons per use. It looks like this:

Am I the only one who think this looks rubbish? (couldn't they use a historically based skin, instead of this colouring made by a 5yo?). I found those Halloween-skins already quite unbearable. Then the Anime-skins (which luckily can be turned off), now this... Who comes up with these designs, and why???

the colors used strongly suggest its something christmas themed so maybe only during holidays  like the haloween event too so onl for a week or so  

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

the colors used strongly suggest its something christmas themed so maybe only during holidays  like the haloween event too so onl for a week or so  

It basicly is the halloween camo just with new paint pattern and colors. It has the exact same effect and I will bet the same prize.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,088 battles

I like it too. Actually i like all new content. Just not the price.

This, I know the colours are Christmassy but why did WG go Scrooge and charge so much over the holidays?