Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Roter_Funke

Dubloon Poll

103 members have voted

1. 1. How many Dubloons are in Your WoWS-Account right now ?

• 0-5000 Dubloons
    • 5000-10000 Dubloons
    • 10000-30000 Dubloons
    • 30000+ Dubloons
    • I don´t want to tell

17 comments in this topic

[111]
Beta Tester
89 posts
12,733 battles

I guess it is only fair to tell You the Background of this poll.

A lot of bundles contain Dubloons. Dubloons are bought with hard real life money

and are used to buy in game stuff. We all know what You can buy with it and what

You can´t buy with it.

If You can´t buy the core element of the game with Dubloons then I see a problem in that.

Dubloons are like a currency. And if the system is flooded with paid for Dubloons with which

You can´t buy anything useful it is practically like amassing a debt on side of the systems

owner. The owner of the System then practically makes a promise that he doesn´t fulfill.

It is the duty of the owner of the system to fulfill the promise and make content - that means SHIPS -

available for purchase with this currency.

I know that we can buy some stuff with it and because of that, it is not fraud. But it was clearly

promised that SHIPS would be purchaseable with this currency. And I want to remind WG

to stay true to this.

So I am curious. Hence the poll which might not give hard facts but will give at least a clue. Fire away.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

Those are some huge margins...

I got less than a thousand but I have to vote the same like someone who has almost 5k? :D

[OP-B]
[OP-B]
Beta Tester
440 posts
12,417 battles

Interesting poll. I pitty the guy with more than 30k, I am already grumpy, but with this amount I would be furious.

Edited by OlFson

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,346 posts
14,963 battles

15K in ships (you margins could have been refined to 5 or 10K increments)

I have 30K across ships and tanks!

Edited by T0byJug

Beta Tester
260 posts
2,478 battles

I have like 450 on my WoWs account, over 5k on my WoT account and I will NOT buy any doubloons/gold before they unify it as promised.

Alpha Tester
1,818 posts
4,959 battles

I erroneously picked the wrong perk on my captain, so due to WG's stronk moneygrabbing tactics, I was forced to buy some doubloons. I think I also retrained a captain (again, a great feature where you have to grind 16k+ captain XP), so now I only have about 1000 doubloons left. On the other hand, I have both the Murmansk and the Atago (<3), so at least I can use those to retrain in the future.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,346 posts
14,963 battles

I erroneously picked the wrong perk on my captain, so due to WG's stronk moneygrabbing tactics, I was forced to buy some doubloons. I think I also retrained a captain (again, a great feature where you have to grind 16k+ captain XP), so now I only have about 1000 doubloons left. On the other hand, I have both the Murmansk and the Atago (<3), so at least I can use those to retrain in the future.

just wait! there was a thread a while ago a level 20 captain takes more XP to retrain to a new ship (if you take the 50% option) than the total XP to grind  modules and elite Tier 9 to 10. cant remember the exact details but basicley after you have gained about 18 skill points the only effective way to retrain a captain is with 500 doubloons.  and remember during this time many of your skill wont work at all and the rest at 50% (so range increase will be 10% not 20%)
Edited by T0byJug

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

900 or so. Not going to buy more, as I am just waiting for unified account so I can get the 8700 gold from WoT over. Although I am starting to think I might as well not bother.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
206 posts
7,325 battles

<5000

50 to be precise - that's the rest of the 2500 I got with the Yubari.

Had hoped there would be some Christmas calender event with login bonus like I remember it from some competition.

Would actually be interested in a ship bundle with dubloons, preferably a ship that helps me also to retrain crews.

A month premium like with the Warspite doesn't make much sense for me - over Christmas I will not be playing for a week or more.

So instead I will most likelybuy the plain 2500 dubloons, and maybe the Murmansk.

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

So basically another anti bundle thread disguised as a poll. I use dubloons for port slots, retraining, captain skills and buying premium time and I used a lot to buy Warspite unbundled. We all get it and I'm sure WG EU get it - everyone wants more premium ships available for dubloons only. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

I'm sitting on 4300 Doubloons right now. Since I don't plan on buying any more premium ships I like to use them for premium time, module dismantling, free experience and captain retraining.

They got plenty of uses apart from buying premium ships.

just wait! there was a thread a while ago a level 20 captain takes more XP to retrain to a new ship (if you take the 50% option) than the total XP to grind  modules and elite Tier 9 to 10. cant remember the exact details but basicley after you have gained about 18 skill points the only effective way to retrain a captain is with 500 doubloons.  and remember during this time many of your skill wont work at all and the rest at 50% (so range increase will be 10% not 20%)

That's correct. The very last captain level (20) requires an astonishing 10 million experience, which means if you want to re-train a level 20 captain you will have to gather 5 million experience even if you take the 50% reduction option.

Wouldn't surprise me if WG decided to do that to sell more doubloons.

Getting a new level 20 captain is pretty much impossible now unless anybody's willing to play the same ship for 3000 to 7000 matches.

[ST-EU]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
1,902 posts
3,681 battles

So basically another anti bundle thread disguised as a poll. I use dubloons for port slots, retraining, captain skills and buying premium time and I used a lot to buy Warspite unbundled. We all get it and I'm sure WG EU get it - everyone wants more premium ships available for dubloons only. 

I would use my stash of 7'500 for the same, except I'm cheap and stingy. 

Admittedly, I did get my unbundled Warspite as well - but I still haven't bought a port slot, I like my value for money and efficiency. But any chance of a port slot sale soon?:rolleyes: I would like to get past tier 6 without selling I ship I like... I sent my St Louis to the breakers yard....

Players
169 posts

Interesting poll. I pitty the guy with more than 30k, I am already grumpy, but with this amount I would be furious.

There was no way to tell it would be that way either... Early OBT and for the total length of CBT all ships where bought by doubloons.

My 13k are the leftovers from the refunds I received when OBT opened.  Only bought WarSpite with doubloons because nothing else ever materialized (that I wanted).

Had I known, I would have bougth the Warspite only and no other doubloons back in CBT.  But maybe in the future I'll get to spend them.

[OP-B]
[OP-B]
Beta Tester
440 posts
12,417 battles

It is a poll about the amount of gold'/dubloons summed up. The reasons you speculate about might be the ones that lead to this poll.

Nevertherless, I am happy for you that you have usage, many dont see it like this.

And just for you Hanszee, since you are in my books nearly as good as some of the german STs.

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,532 battles

But, but, but... Ishizushi! (2500 Dubloons, available in your tech tree)

Sign in to follow this