GIVE ME BACK MY IOWA!

19 comments in this topic

[BMSRT]
[BMSRT]
Sailing Hamster, Weekend Tester
644 posts
3,014 battles

Well then ... good luck!

http://www.mz-web.de/image/view/2011/5/13/20120240,16158460,dmData,Das+Papierschiff+geht+unter+%25281300342902450%2529.jpg

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Ey some paper ships actually worked ( kinda.. for a limited time )

hqdefault.jpg

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

Ey some paper ships actually worked ( kinda.. for a limited time )

hqdefault.jpg

Mythbusters FTW. :honoring:

• Cool 1

[PRM]
Players
48 posts
6,659 battles

this ship is crap if they hit you from the side, even Colorado hits can penetrate to the citadel. I played whole line till Iowa and i saw now that is most fragile ship in the line. i am thinkig to skip it and go to Montana

[REKTA]
Beta Tester
355 posts
6,534 battles

this ship is crap if they hit you from the side, even Colorado hits can penetrate to the citadel. I played whole line till Iowa and i saw now that is most fragile ship in the line. i am thinkig to skip it and go to Montana

Yep, that's all about historical correctness thank you WG. I sell it and re-buy NC. Or just don't give a crapanymore to this "game"

[PRM]
Players
48 posts
6,659 battles

it still better than Izumo 's Salty :trollface:

Yesterday  Izumo catch me on on side in one salvo made 45k damage. Wtf, with one salvo? This is to fragile ship, even cruisers make high damage on this ship. If you stay and shoot from long range (20km) on the end battle there is small amount of credits.

Pls. WG do something with this ship

Beta Tester
449 posts
3,053 battles

Even Colorado hits can pen.

Well yes obviously it's still a 16inch gun on the Colorado.

When will people here learn that's it's not world of tanks and your not going to be impervious just because your 2 tiers higher????

[TORCH]
[TORCH]
Beta Tester
439 posts
8,421 battles

Hes complaining about being hit in the side..... do i honestly need to point out why your dying or is it obvious at this point? :sceptic: 

lol why are you even exposing your side? No wonder why you think its made of paper, and that is why you die so horribly in it, every dam bb side on is an easy kill, i enjoy sinking people like you that do so. Learn to play the BB class, by tier 8 you should of learnt the basics of BB's since you clearly haven't God help you. 

Also the guns on the Colorado are pretty much the same as the NC just in smaller turrets. 

Edited by Shade_UK
  • Cool 1

[REKTA]
Beta Tester
355 posts
6,534 battles
I played with Iowa sometimes and compared to what I have now there's a huge difference. Anyway I sold it and rebought NC.

[SRSLY]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
111 posts
3,293 battles

your team has there +1 tier... so what?

• Cool 1

[REKTA]
Beta Tester
355 posts
6,534 battles

your team has there +1 tier... so what?

Looks you cant see the forest due to the lots of tree :D

Players
55 posts

"I want my ship to be unsinkable" because I play it and I want to win only.

Stay in port and you'll never loose.

Showing broadsides to other guns means you will take citadels.... even multiple if the other player is a bit good.

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Beta Tester
270 posts

Yesterday  Izumo catch me on on side in one salvo made 45k damage. Wtf, with one salvo? This is to fragile ship, even cruisers make high damage on this ship. If you stay and shoot from long range (20km) on the end battle there is small amount of credits.

Izumo is the same.

You cannot expose your sides. Ever. I've been almost one shotted that way by a Yama. 

Either way, if you get caught exposing your side to another BB, you can expect to take a serious hit. 

[REKTA]
Beta Tester
355 posts
6,534 battles

"I want my ship to be unsinkable" because I play it and I want to win only.

Stay in port and you'll never loose.

Showing broadsides to other guns means you will take citadels.... even multiple if the other player is a bit good.

As the saying goes "just an idiot write down obvious things". I don't mention you, just saying :)

Beside this, many folks crying about North Carolina which is almost the same. And the same folks saying Colorado is one of the best but all of us knows from the beta that Colorado was the most worst vessel in the good ole times. So yes, "balancing" still in progress and fukked up Iowa. Big time.

Beta Tester
1,342 posts
5,226 battles

I have only played 2 battles in a completely stock Iowa thus far, and while the sides are squishy (like on the North Carolina, and well, every other BB in the game pretty much) the much better firing arcs of the guns allow it to shrug of a lot of punishment from the front. 

The guns are beautiful, and feels like a good upgrade over the North Carolina, with much nicer velocity and good penetration. First impressions are great, and it can only get better from here with all the upgrades I feel.