Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shaka_D

Weekly Missions: Winter Engagement - Destroyers

25 comments in this topic

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,582 posts
10,292 battles

I'm not trying to be overly negative here, but who is the imbecile who dreams up these missions? The first one is to score 8 torpedo hits AND kill two battleships in a single battle and your reward is 5 signal flags. 5 signal flags? Really?

I know these are missions we can simply click and forget about, but the problem I have with them is they are hugely uninspiring. All that effort for 5 flags? Surely they need to do something a little more creative than this? The requirements to fulfill the missions seem way too steep for the return you get for completing it, lol.

Is this really the best WG can come up with? Who have they got working for them, scrooge? Not sure about you folks, but it really seems laughable they actually bothered to create a massive article to promote it.

Edited by jinx_uk
  • Cool 3

[-TWA-]
Players
886 posts
12,568 battles

Ever since the first mission which had a port slot as a reward and credits... every single Challege and Mission reward since has been utter crap.

• Cool 2

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,582 posts
10,292 battles

I'm thinking/hoping the 5 flag reward is a typo and should actually be 50.

Yes, now 50 would seem reasonable.

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles

The flags rewarded are Sierra Mike, which are the reward for a Double Strike normally. Double strikes are quite rare.

Here's the criteria for the Daring Destroyers missions:

#1 8 torpedo hits. Destroy 2 battleships. In a Jap destroyer tier 4 or higher.

#2 2 torpedo hits. Destroy 1 cruiser. Destroy 1 destroyer. In a US destroyer tier 4 or higher.

#3 4 torpedo hits. Destroy 2 ships. In a USSR destroyer tier 4 or higher.

I don't know. I think these rewards are at least more interesting than 30 to 50k credits. The missions are challenging, I won't deny that.

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,582 posts
10,292 battles

The flags rewarded are Sierra Mike, which are the reward for a Double Strike normally. Double strikes are quite rare.

#2 2 torpedo hits. Destroy 1 cruiser. Destroy 1 destroyer. In a US destroyer tier 4 or higher.

I don't know. I think these rewards are at least more interesting than 30 to 50k credits. The missions are challenging, I won't deny that.

Bearing in mind you have to meet those criteria in a single battle / they're not cumulative. Imagine the average Joe trying to do that. WG's idea of keeping it fun? Given that the credit economy is so dire I'm not so sure many players would prefer the flags over the credits. I'd personally prefer the credits.
Edited by jinx_uk

[KVOR]
Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,632 battles

What bothers me more, are two aspects: i require a ship form a specific nation. I sold my IJN DDs and never got started with USN DDs, so all that´s left are my USSR DDs, basically the Gremy. While i wouldn´t have the slightest troubles to achieve the goal with my Gremy, i still don´t like where this kind of missions leads us to: an increased count of players trying to achieve the goals by force.

This means, we will see increased numbers of DDs in matches. Of these, many will ignore matchwinning or teamrelevant aspects, just to get their hits/kills. The rush for BB kills will reduce the fun for BB players even more, resulting in frustration ammong the less experienced newcomers in tier 4 and 5 BBs, who get sealclubbed by DD veterans.

We will see less BBs in these games, and have again a large number of frustrated players in their BBs, moving to the forums to complain about DDs, or, instead, leaving the game immediatly, which again results in a drop of active players.

While the BB players leave, take a break or play a different class, the left behind DD players will be forced to fight over what is left on BBs. This will lead to hilarious situations, where the number of teamkills by wild torpedoes will increase, because DDs will launch their torpedoes, ignoring friendlies who try to get the kill aswell.

After all, these missions appear to be so extremly short-sighted, one could ask wether they are invented by a thinking individual, or by a machine, rolling some dice to put together random variables.

This game is struggling horribly, the players are more disappointed than ever, the number of active players dropping, and all WG is able to do, is providing missions which enforces and motivates for one of the most hated gameplay this game can deliver. BBs are probably the most popular class ammong the newcomers/new/fresh players. Instead of setting up a szenario to keep those newcomers, make them feel comfortable, motivate them to spend more time and get used to their precious new BBs, WG sets up a szenario which motivates newcomers and veterans to open a massive bounty-hunting campaign on the poor newbies... *epic facepalm*.

DDs will hunt down BBs with torpedoes anyway, since it is the simpliest way to achieve high damage numbers in a DD. In addition, they now set an additional bounty on BBs. Ridiculous...

Edited by Vaderan
  • Cool 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,616 posts

meanwhile in America. Bigger reward, easier requirements, ability to spread them over several battles, and available for everyone. How copulating hard can it be to make missions, challenges,... correspond with eachother?

• Cool 1

[KVOR]
Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,632 battles

meanwhile in America. Bigger reward, easier requirements, ability to spread them over several battles, and available for everyone. How copulating hard can it be to make missions, challenges,... correspond with eachother?

Now that´s what i call a balanced challange. Collect ribbons and get a reward. Make it repeatable, and you got a nice, additional and permanent motivation... You can do it over several battles and with whatever ship you want. You will be rewarded just for playing...

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,368 battles

Now that´s what i call a balanced challange. Collect ribbons and get a reward. Make it repeatable, and you got a nice, additional and permanent motivation... You can do it over several battles and with whatever ship you want. You will be rewarded just for playing...

that's nice, but you still only get 15 flags... that's really a poor reward. As for Sierra Mike flag, double strike is not that uncommon with torp ships, and you get 10 flags for it.

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles

Bigger reward in terms of quantity of flags for one mission, yes. But, 10 of those 15 flags are relatively easy to get anyway (First Blood, It's Just a Flesh Wound). If I did that mission, I'd only do it for the 5 rarer flags (Equal Speed Charlie). So, I'd have to collect 1000 ribbons for 5 flags, basically. Personally, I prefer the EU missions. But, different strokes for different folks and all that.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that's better with the US mission is that it's more accessible to everyone.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,857 posts
17,274 battles

Apart from maybe the Russian DD with there uber short range Torps Whats challenging? its not in 1 battle(unless i am mistaken) its over any number or battles in the next week.

Beta Tester
6,753 posts
7,907 battles

Apart from maybe the Russian DD with there uber short range Torps Whats challenging? its not in 1 battle(unless i am mistaken) its over any number or battles in the next week.

unbenannt64p6m.png

....wish we could do those missions more than once... :/

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,857 posts
17,274 battles

It is in a single battle. You "just" have one week time to get a match with such a result.

sorry you are correct! missed that (in 1 battle) MMmmm OK maybe not that easy then! 50 flags would be to many but it douse deserve more than 5
Edited by T0byJug

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

And especially  notable is that it doesn't make people break team play/team compositions.

I'd only do it for the 5 rarer flags (Equal Speed Charlie).

So rare that I've got over 900 of those in stock...

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

Bigger reward in terms of quantity of flags for one mission, yes. But, 10 of those 15 flags are relatively easy to get anyway (First Blood, It's Just a Flesh Wound). If I did that mission, I'd only do it for the 5 rarer flags (Equal Speed Charlie). So, I'd have to collect 1000 ribbons for 5 flags, basically.

I would consider the First Blood flag an excellent reward as credits tend to be the biggest problem at higher tiers and you only get the flag once each time you achieve First Blood. As such it is actually quite rare. I've collected only 46 First Blood flags so far, but 280 Confederate flags.

Considering 1000 ribbons can be collected very quickly with cruisers and gunboat DDs since every single hit grants one ribbon, those 15 flags are a very good reward and you could easily finish the mission several times a day (it's repeatable).

The only problem (which may be a big one) I have with the mission is that it's much easier to complete with HE cruisers and gunboat DDs so they are probably going to be much more prevalent than normally.

Edited by Kurbain

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
12,031 battles

The mission really are uttercrap .... like the onces last week ..... 200 planes for US CVs (like that is hard) and 15 kills with IJN CV (after they nerfed them to useless ness) to [edited]hard and boring and not worth the time.

and yes the missions just show how clueless WG is ..... 

if they want to make that why not make it in steps 1 easy 2 medium and 3 a hard one and then give rewards after that ... that way all will get some thing form it.

WG at least try to motivate people ... not demotivate them, by doing stupid things (and you have done alot if stupid things latly)

mang

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,049 posts
8,212 battles

The only problem (which may be a big one) I have with the mission is that it's much easier to complete with HE cruisers and gunboat DDs so they are probably going to be much more prevalent than normally.

Doubtful. Most skippers should be able to get 1000 ribbons with a smattering of ships over the time it is open. No need to go for a spam DD to get a third done in one battle.

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,704 posts
20,606 battles

What bothers me more, are two aspects: i require a ship form a specific nation. I sold my IJN DDs and never got started with USN DDs, so all that´s left are my USSR DDs, basically the Gremy. While i wouldn´t have the slightest troubles to achieve the goal with my Gremy, i still don´t like where this kind of missions leads us to: an increased count of players trying to achieve the goals by force.

This means, we will see increased numbers of DDs in matches. Of these, many will ignore matchwinning or teamrelevant aspects, just to get their hits/kills. The rush for BB kills will reduce the fun for BB players even more, resulting in frustration ammong the less experienced newcomers in tier 4 and 5 BBs, who get sealclubbed by DD veterans.

We will see less BBs in these games, and have again a large number of frustrated players in their BBs, moving to the forums to complain about DDs, or, instead, leaving the game immediatly, which again results in a drop of active players.

While the BB players leave, take a break or play a different class, the left behind DD players will be forced to fight over what is left on BBs. This will lead to hilarious situations, where the number of teamkills by wild torpedoes will increase, because DDs will launch their torpedoes, ignoring friendlies who try to get the kill aswell.

After all, these missions appear to be so extremly short-sighted, one could ask wether they are invented by a thinking individual, or by a machine, rolling some dice to put together random variables.

This game is struggling horribly, the players are more disappointed than ever, the number of active players dropping, and all WG is able to do, is providing missions which enforces and motivates for one of the most hated gameplay this game can deliver. BBs are probably the most popular class ammong the newcomers/new/fresh players. Instead of setting up a szenario to keep those newcomers, make them feel comfortable, motivate them to spend more time and get used to their precious new BBs, WG sets up a szenario which motivates newcomers and veterans to open a massive bounty-hunting campaign on the poor newbies... *epic facepalm*.

DDs will hunt down BBs with torpedoes anyway, since it is the simpliest way to achieve high damage numbers in a DD. In addition, they now set an additional bounty on BBs. Ridiculous...

This mission was invented by the same genius WG staff who invented the 20 euros Mikasa bundle for EU, which was available for free on NA.

Weekend Tester
25 posts

This is such nonesense. Need to hit 4 times with torps on my Soviet DD and sink 2 ships (also with torps)?? Yeah, because that is what Soviet DDs are all about.

Would you like to bundle that with some gold, premium time and flags for 99 euros maybe?

Thanks for the missions, but maybe stop puffing on that krokodil pipe eh?

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles

I would consider the First Blood flag an excellent reward as credits tend to be the biggest problem at higher tiers and you only get the flag once each time you achieve First Blood. As such it is actually quite rare. I've collected only 46 First Blood flags so far, but 280 Confederate flags.

Considering 1000 ribbons can be collected very quickly with cruisers and gunboat DDs since every single hit grants one ribbon, those 15 flags are a very good reward and you could easily finish the mission several times a day (it's repeatable).

Fair points there. I didn't know it was repeatable. That changes things a bit.

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,888 battles

This is such nonesense. Need to hit 4 times with torps on my Soviet DD and sink 2 ships (also with torps)?? Yeah, because that is what Soviet DDs are all about.

Would you like to bundle that with some gold, premium time and flags for 99 euros maybe?

Thanks for the missions, but maybe stop puffing on that krokodil pipe eh?

I did it in the Grevny today, quite easy really.

Beta Tester
139 posts
5,740 battles

Such boring missions with rubbish rewards. Why even bother trying to get them?

Come on Wargaming EU, stop with this drivel. It's like you're deliberately trolling us.

Sign in to follow this