Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wavecave

Nerf Kiev in the next patch

32 comments in this topic

Players
516 posts
2,518 battles

bad players do well with it

bad players managed to reach rank 1 with a low sample size and high winrate

average winrate is 59.9% in random battles

FIFTY NINE POINT NINE PERCENTAGE

gtfo, this ship isn't a DD, it's a CL with the ability to use smoke and go faster if necessary

Edited by Wavecave
  • Cool 9

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,050 posts
29,725 battles

Bad thread from a raged player. Please retype your post. Thank you.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,654 battles

Chronic complainers. I have a better idea, lets remove all ships but tier 1, noone will cry then huh? Minus MM problems. Oh no, wait, Erie has better range, needs to be nerfed, Gremlin has way to rapid firing guns, needs a nerf... Soviet one has powerfull guns, need to nerf, Hashidate...way to much health for her tier - NERF!! Whatever nation ship comes next - NERF IT!!

Beta Tester
139 posts
5,587 battles

My win rate on ranked is over 60% should I be nerfed too.

Actually Wargaming's policy is to nerf/rebalance ships/planes/tanks that perform very well compared to others. At least, officially that's its policy. If the Russian community is happy with stronk Russian ships, they'll stay that way - the developers don't listen to non-Russians.
Edited by Sanjuro_UK
  • Cool 1

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

They better not nerf the Kiev yet, I'm only up to the Ognevoi so far.

Chronic credit issues are hampering my ability to progress up the Russian DD line.

[RATON]
Beta Tester
272 posts
3,537 battles

Mines 100%.............I'm fooked. 

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,062 battles

I'm at 69% in ranked :trollface: ( Fubuki ples buff)

Players
720 posts
8,665 battles

gtfo, this ship isn't a DD, it's a CL with the ability to use smoke and go faster if necessary

The Kiev and all the other Russian DD's were nerfed quite considerably prior to being made generally available.

Edited by LetsRockAndRoll

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,062 battles

I think the reason the Kiev is doing well statistically is due to it be played by good players mainly.

Players
3,596 posts
7,320 battles

I think the reason the Kiev is doing well statistically is due to it be played by good players mainly.

And the reason why good players are playing it is ....................
  • Cool 1

[SPUDS]
Players
623 posts
12,172 battles

Yeah? Why dont you get a Kiev for yourself if its that OP :)? And no, bad players just die in her glorioulsy.

Edited by True_Winterfeld

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,076 battles

You know, you are right, it is not a DD but a cruiser that is as weak as hell, burns like tissue and gets broken more often than glass. The Kiev is just ok, heaven help you when you get a good player in a Tashkent up against you...........

I should have expected a response like that from you, a pretty decent player in your favoured ships, but as soon as you get a problem ship that may just cramp your style, you shout nerf them. :sceptic:

Try getting out in DD's before actually crying about them, it is pitiful to read.  

• Cool 4

Players
4,154 posts
9,221 battles

Bad players don't do well in it , bad plaers are bad thanks to that Kiev don't have 70% average WR  . Most of bad players stopped grinding russian line calling lower tier utter garbage .

Kiev is a bit similiar to the CV situation right now , most of it's users knows that it can move , that you can change direction where you are moving , that you can shoot , and those red are bad guys and those white circless with letters in middle when are red it is bad when are green it is good , and those strange numbers on top of the screen show how close you are to victory. That is secret knowledge that puts you in 50% or higher WR .

Simply put most of Kiev users are competent , most of playerbase are brainless bots (or at least half)

Edited by KaraMon

Players
721 posts
10,603 battles

Yeah? Why dont you get a Kiev for yourself if its that OP :)? And no, bad players just die in her glorioulsy.

Let's just assume the OP never played a DD ever...

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

Really? I'm on Gnevny right now, so i will refrain from reviewing Kiev, but if Kiev is a CL then it is incredibly underarmed. It have only 50% more of the same guns that FIRST TIER Orlan have. HP pool is also not impressive considering 7 tier difference from Orlan.

Do you imagine for example VII tier tank in WoT ared with I tier gun?

Buff Kiev!

Nerf the nerf!

:trollface:

Players
568 posts
5,211 battles

I find it strange not more people play Russian destroyers, perhaps they are just not everyone's cup of tea. The Kiev is a very good ship in my view, though part of it might be due to the way people react to the vessel, that is them pulling back when coming under fire instead of reacting aggressively.

I also feel the Kiev really needs room to manoeuvre in order to work well. I am curious about other people's experience with the Kiev, particularly how to counter it. Generally it seems destroyers and cruisers working in tandem tend to neuter the Kiev to an extent. What do you guys think?

Cheers, M

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

I find it strange not more people play Russian destroyers, perhaps they are just not everyone's cup of tea. The Kiev is a very good ship in my view, though part of it might be due to the way people react to the vessel, that is them pulling back when coming under fire instead of reacting aggressively.

Well, Russian DDs are a difficult ship class to play and the low-tier Russian DDs are bad ships, which probably turns off a lot of players who intend to play them.

Doesn't help that a lot of players try to use them as torpedo boats.

Players
4,154 posts
9,221 battles

I also feel the Kiev really needs room to manoeuvre in order to work well. I am curious about other people's experience with the Kiev, particularly how to counter it. Generally it seems destroyers and cruisers working in tandem tend to neuter the Kiev to an extent. What do you guys think?

Cheers, M

How to counter it? It is simple:

1. shoot at kiev

2. if 1 is not effective get closer then shoot at kiev

3. If you are in destroyer that can't fight kiev (all japanese, USN up to t7 ) DON"T GO WHERE KIEV IS , go elswhere and don't get spotted by him

4. don't #soloyolo in your OP Cleveland or even more OP Atlanta , you will die terribly , those ships are bad and you should feel bad

5. don't #soloyolo in your migty Battleship , you will burn to death

6. any signs of brain activity is kievs worst enemy , don't be dumb helpless tomato

7. this ship is made for punishing brainless tomatos , don't be one , learn basics of the game and teamplay

8. teamplay , teamplay , teamplay , you are in a team and fight as a team

9. if you are in postion he is shooting at you , and you can't fight back and no one can help you , it is only your fault for doing stupid moves , l2p

And most important rule is "you have guns so shoot , when you hit enemy his HP goes down, when it is 0 you get +1 and he can't play anymore"

Edited by KaraMon

Beta Tester
814 posts
13,587 battles

How to counter Kiev? Easy. Get closer.

I remember a situation from ranked a few days ago. Enemy Kiev split of from the rest of his team and was putting some flanking fire on my team. He got some attention from my team's cruisers, and smoked, and decided to sit in that smoke.

I was in my Benson.

So I and Hatsuharu rushed his position and found him sitting in smoke, spotted him at 2 km range. He had no time to react :) and he didn't spot either of us until that point.