Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
rafparis

I'm really tired of ocean in ranked

do you want ocean to be remowed from ranked?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. do you want ocean to be remowed from ranked?

• yes
    • no

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,368 battles

What do you guys think? This map removes 50% of the tactics used when there is islands/cover, it is already bad in random, but in ranked it's a nightmare. Cruisers get even more screwed on this map.

Players
1,473 posts

What do you guys think? This map removes 50% of the tactics used when there is islands/cover, it is already bad in random, but in ranked it's a nightmare. Cruisers get even more screwed on this map.

I detested the map at first, but i have slowly got used to it. I like it now :honoring:

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,368 battles

I detested the map at first, but i have slowly got used to it. I like it now :honoring:

so how do you play it, if you are not a BB or DD? And i talk ranked, 7vs7.

[JUNK]
Players
849 posts
9,648 battles

4 votes for no? I see what you did, BB mafia... :honoring:

I voted yes, cause I actually hate that map, but would consider changing it to no due to comments like this.

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

I voted "No" - and I am hardly part of the so-called "BB mafia". I play cruisers!

Ocean is the most historically accurate of the maps, and it is only fair that BBs get maps which may favour them in the same way that CAs and DDs get maps which suit them better.

The only legitimate gripe that user might have with it - and this is true for ANY map - is if they see it too frequently. I've had sessions where I've seen the same map in 8 out of ten battles for example. The solution is more maps - but no more of that Martian one, please! :)

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

4 votes for no? I see what you did, BB mafia... :honoring:

BBs aren't only ships with guns.

Actually Ocean is quite decent for Gremyashchy because of having free firing line without obstacles and no dangerous enemy being able to use islands for sneaking close.

This is actually from one match in it:

Gremy vs Cleveland.jpg

And that's far from best gun damage...

[BGNAV]
Beta Tester
452 posts
8,129 battles

I like Ocean, in randoms or ranked, does not matter.

It is the most realistic and most balanced map, easy as that, alone for that it is my favorite one.

Nice side effect is that noobs can not get stuck on the ocean map neither they can hide half the game behind an island.

[BGNAV]
Beta Tester
452 posts
8,129 battles

Seeing OP yesterday hugging islands like a boss, I voted for no.

:teethhappy:

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,368 battles

Seeing OP yesterday hugging islands like a boss, I voted for no.

Oh, so gameplay and using terrain is now bad? I should sail in the open so you can shoot me? (playing mortar mogami)

The one who never huggeed an island in DD/CL throw the first stone :P

I see that you also play mogami in ranked, so please tel me how do you play it on ocean. I'm serious. (no sarcasm, i'm curious since you have good stats :) )

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

I voted NO and I play the Kiev so you don't say your bitchy "BB mafia"

EDIT: Nothing personal, I just find it quite funny and annoying when I see someone write "BB mafia"

Edited by Troublemaker_CRO

[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
4,319 battles

Oh, so gameplay and using terrain is now bad? I should sail in the open so you can shoot me? (playing mortar mogami)

If I'd throw stones, I'd have to throw Mt. Everest at you now...

besides, especially a Mogami can achieve invis shooting with equipment and captain skill - so there is no need for an island.

Beta Tester
6,753 posts
7,907 battles

Excellent map imho, rewards proper gameplay and teamwork.

I could do without "North" in Ranked Battles, total camper map imho. ;)

Edited by Trigger_Happy_Dad

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,368 battles

View Postrafparis, on 08 December 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

If I'd throw stones, I'd have to throw Mt. Everest at you now...

besides, especially a Mogami can achieve invis shooting with equipment and captain skill - so there is no need for an island.

i have all the perks to do invisishooting, but how precise it is at long range? Your shells take too long to reach target, and 155mm Mogami is best at hitting DDs, so the closer you are the better.

Maybye hugging island is not a big thing in random, many players, shootfest and so on... but in ranked you are only 7, and every dead ship is a step to defeat. So using cover when defending/denying a cap, is not a bad tactic there.

And about the "BB mafia", it was not an insult, i play BBs as well :P

It was just that this map favours BBs A LOT, and in rank 5+ you see a lot of matches with 4 BBs per side, rest DDs and a lonely CL who get killed at the begining almost every time. So i assumed mostly BB players voted for no :)

So, how people are playing in CA/CL on ocean in ranked? (Trigger_Happy_Dad you played as DD :P )

Sign in to follow this