Sign in to follow this  
Admiral_H_Nelson

Looking for a clan for team play and improvement

9 comments in this topic

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

The only online game that I have ever played is WoWS.  

I like the idea of clans, because I love effective teamwork in a battle. However, I don't know the first thing about them.

There is so much that I need to learn, such as what I must get to use Teamspeak, for example. 

I'm happy to spend a bit of money, take direction, and follow orders in battle.

I am retired, with plenty of free time, so I can contribute towards offline stuff (such as clan administration), if required.

Maybe clans are not right for me - too old, too poor a player, or just ....reasons.   That's OK!   MY FEELINGS WILL NOT BE HURT!   I just need to know how I stand.

• Cool 1

[-TXG-]
Players
2,368 posts

Hi Admiral (no pun intended:)) , I can recommend BAD-A as a clan that would/may suit you. Average age is pretty high (some of us higher than others) so basically no bloody kids :) 

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/35294-bad-armada-recruiting-now/

Clans aren't set up in WOWS at the moment but are available through WOT in readiness for them in WOWS. We have a good group of players already playing together on TS at divisions and also in a league playing team battles against other clans at T5, T6 and T8

You can message me for more details if you are interested or give cherry2blost  a pm, he will give you details on how to join in on TS etc. as I am at work so no access to TS address.

Edited by bushwacker001

Beta Tester
142 posts
995 battles

You're never too old to learn or enjoy new things, my friend;

I'm not going to advertise a specific clan, since I'm not in one due to IRL issues and time, but I had a very good experience in WoT with a good, friendly clan and I can say if you manage to find one that has a good atmosphere, sense of humour and laughs, you'll see that the gamming experience and joy will increase tenfold;

But as you said and certainly managed to notice, any and all clans use heavily TS or similar vocal programs - coordination is a must in a division or when the future clan wars appear in WoWs, because let's face it, typing is a lousy way to coordinate things....

Good luck mate, hope you find a suitable clan for you :honoring:

Edited by Vulpes79
  • Cool 1

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

UPDATE: After some kind responses - which I appreciate - I have downloaded the Teamspeak3 software onto my computer, and ordered a headset (which I will collect from the store this evening)

Tomorrow, I will talk to some nice people in the hope of getting accepted into a clan.

BTW, I understand completely that it is for the clan to decide who becomes a member, and not the other way round! :)

A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO VULPES79

You could not possibly have know this, but before I read your post (above) I was feeling very depressed,

Your post greatly cheered me up. It was a real tonic. God Bless You, Sir! :honoring:

[UBB]
Players
10 posts
13,261 battles

Sir you are welcome to come over and have a look at our clan website.   Our clan members range in age from 20 to 65+  couple of folks are retired and play as well as any of the younger ones ,if not better.

We play shooters and too much of WoWs,we use teamspeak 3.  But be warned there can be colourful language on ts from some of us.  The majority that join ts are 40+ of age and dont understand that we are supposed to act older,myself included..lol.    

We always welcome new members and we dont care how old .  We have members from the UK ,Netherlands,Germany,Australia,USA,Finland,Poland,Italy and many others .   English is always spoken on ts ,unless help is needed for someone whose native tounge is not english.    And like you im a londoner..lol

The ubb1 in my profile name refers to our clan ,rank within clan and my player name.    The United Band Of Brothers    Bull   .

www.ubbclan.net  

Best regards

mark

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

A big "Thank You" for all replies.  I'm impressed that people have been so kind and friendly. Respect to you all! :honoring:

I've met some really nice people in my search and have now managed to team up with a great bunch at BAD-ARMADA. 

I've played a few evenings in divisions, with friendly banter between each battle, and learned a lot already. 

Looking forward to meeting you all in friendly rivalry on the High Seas,

Regards,

Nelson

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,673 posts
15,424 battles

A big "Thank You" for all replies.  I'm impressed that people have been so kind and friendly. Respect to you all! :honoring:

I've met some really nice people in my search and have now managed to team up with a great bunch at BAD-ARMADA. 

I've played a few evenings in divisions, with friendly banter between each battle, and learned a lot already. 

Looking forward to meeting you all in friendly rivalry on the High Seas,

Regards,

Nelson

Welcome in Admiral, you have fitted in so bloody well lol !

Sign in to follow this