Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
caferaca

Ranked Battles: Rank 1 players rollcall

38 comments in this topic

[HEROZ]
Players
45 posts
5,975 battles

Fellow Pirates,

As the title says, players that have got to Rank 1, in season 2 of ranked battles, please post your results screen here. I think it would be interesting to see how easy / difficult it was and be to good to share Avg XP / damage / KD ratio, number of battles it took etc. It also may serve as an indicator on how many people have reached rank 1.

I know many people do not like Ranked games, but I for one really liked them. Generally I found good teamwork, tactics, and some banter which made a change from random games. 

Please keep any whining about your noob team / drunk MM, or whatever to many of the other threads. This is a celebration of ranked battles !

I'll start us off:

z72xTW9.jpg

Players
198 posts
6,180 battles

I found a new challenge and better gameplay in ranked. Took a while but I enjoyed my road to rank 1 and I have better stats in ranked than in normals lol. I guess rankeds fit me better than randoms but I gotta fix those stats too.

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/community/accounts/502102932-WWladCZ/#tab=rank/account-tab-overview-rank

Edited by WWladCZ

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

Gz on rank 1 but you are basically trying to brag that you've reach rank 1 in less battles, even though it just means you were luckier than others with a team with less bad players.

• Cool 8

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,103 posts
11,660 battles

I found a new challenge and better gameplay in ranked. Took a while but I enjoyed my road to rank 1 and I have better stats in ranked than in normals lol.

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/community/accounts/502102932-WWladCZ/#tab=rank/account-tab-overview-rank

Hi Wlad - was a pleasure fighting alongside and against you.

Gz on rank 1 but you are basically trying to brag that you've reach rank 1 in less battles, even though it just means you were luckier than others with a team with less bad players.

I really enjoyed ranked battles and it's definitely helped me improve my game.

I honestly don't think it's all down to RNG and teams. That's just a way to avoid taking any responsibility. The only constant thing is you. If you have bad teams, so does the enemy and with equal frequency. Someone like Caferaca (who is obviously an exceptional player) can have a massive impact. And frankly with numbers like that he is allowed to brag all he wants - not that the OP seems like a brag in any way.

Cheers,

Teob 

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/community/accounts/531189245-Teob_VG/#tab=rank/account-tab-overview-rank

Edited by Teob_VG
  • Cool 2

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Beta Tester
192 posts
6,834 battles

I have for the most part ended up on the top of my team during a loss. that doesn't mean im amazing it shows the teams were crap.

I consistently get 1k exp on a loss with a kill or two. im not great I understand this and I got as far as rank 8.3 so 1 away from rank 7. and I have to say I know for a fact that some people were just luck. in a game I played at rank 8 ish was a player who had the premier flag flying and who played like a very inexperienced person. he was in a Tirpitz and because of him we lost. so he had some how got to rank 5 at least.

it is frustrating im now back at rank 10.0 and find myself having lost 3 ranks (for the most part) when I clearly played well. there is only so much you can do. I would like to say though that some peoples choice of ship shows there inexperience. taking an Atlanta into ranked is ..idiotic. also taking the Colorado which most people agree is poor isn't a great plan. I do understand that this may be the only "higher" teir ships people have but there still don't really cut it.

also the MM is drunk. I played a bunch of games last night where 1 BB 1 cruisers and 5 DDs faced off against 2 BB 2 CA and 3 DD.

I think RNG, luck and MM makes it tough for some good players to shine through. now before the hate starts I don't think I should be at rank 1 I think im probably a rank 5 player so im aware of my skill limitations and I know I have a lot to learn but I don't think its just down to skill and I don't think its just a cop out either.

a bad workman, they say, always blames his tools.....equally its not always possible to do good work with bad tools

[OMNI]
Players
775 posts
11,610 battles

Pointless thread not all players who reached rank 1 started at the same rank.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,103 posts
11,660 battles

What I mean is that for every bad team you think you had, surely you must have faced against an equal (roughly) number of bad teams.

And for me personally I found that it's quite difficult to look at my own performance and admit my mistakes.

I once torpedoed one of our own DDs (which may have cost us the match) and for the first hour or so I was sure that somehow it had been the DD's fault. I now hang my head in shame thinking about it.

Conversely, I played a match where our CV asked for help because he was spotted and had two DDs chasing him, I went back and sort of just kept the DDs away. The friendly CV bombed one to hell and made another one reconsider but they stopped chasing because I was there (a CA). A guy on my team however thought that I was playing poorly and had a rant at me. I still think I did the right thing (the match ended for me when I rammed a Tirpitz and sunk it).

Basically, while you might have an unlucky streak you will always get a lucky streak as well - it all balances out. You should get an equal ratio of good to bad teams.

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Beta Tester
192 posts
6,834 battles

Teob_VG I really hope your right. unlike most I know my limits and ill be fair during my ranked battles ive played  a few really turkeys ill be honest. but I don't just think its down to player skill.

if your right about the streak im due ill keep you posted. I am interested if the programme that WG has as the equalizer and stops the massive difference is in effect in this battle mode?

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,103 posts
11,660 battles

Teob_VG I really hope your right. unlike most I know my limits and ill be fair during my ranked battles ive played  a few really turkeys ill be honest. but I don't just think its down to player skill.

if your right about the streak im due ill keep you posted. I am interested if the programme that WG has as the equalizer and stops the massive difference is in effect in this battle mode?

I am not sure how WG go about making sure you don't get totally shafted. I am just going by logic here. It stands to reason that you should get an equal number of good and bad teams overall. Emphasis on the "overall" aspect - you might have 20 bad matches before you start having good matches again.

It certainly was like that for me and a lot of people report bobbing up and down which is consistent with what I am saying. 

If you hit a wall and this lasts for a while then there is a chance you may have reached your skill level. That doesn't mean people stay at that skill level. Everyone improves (I haven't torpedoed a DD since that match I mentioned earlier!).

I learned a lot from the people I played with. For example, there's a guy that plays a Benson called JRR  who literally made me want to play US DDs - he was that good. And a nice chap to boot.

I am actually annoyed I can't queue for ranked now.

Edited by Teob_VG

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Beta Tester
192 posts
6,834 battles

ill give you my account and you can que for me if you like :popcorn:

[HEROZ]
Players
45 posts
5,975 battles

Having a quick look at your stats, playing a Fubuki is your problem ;) I'd take a Kiev / Tashkent / Benson over a IJN DD for ranked personally (if DD's are your thing). 

I'm not a fan of BB's, so I used the Atago mostly, and found it very effective.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,103 posts
11,660 battles

ill give you my account and you can que for me if you like :popcorn:

Haha!

I had a look at your stats and if I may (hopefully not overstepping my bounds here) you seem to be underperforming in ranked compared to your random battles. Delving a bit deeper into your stats you seemed to be doing just fine most of your ships (over 50% win rate) but then we get to the Fubuki with which you seem to have a 40% win rate. You have also survived only 10 of the 60 battles you played in that thing so you are definitely getting focused.

Now I am not a DD captain but I have read other posts of others speculating that RU and USN ships are better in ranked due to the fact that you can stand up to other DDs and dogfight them while IJN DDs tend to be torpedo boats.

We are derailing this thread a bit now but if the OP is OK with it, I would love to delve deeper into why people are struggling.

I for one had issues coming down to tier 8 from my Zao and dealing with the less accurate guns and not being able to invisifire.

Also I kept showing broadside to enemy BBs that had far fewer targets to focus on so I got punished repeatedly.

Essentially teething issues (or noob mistakes) that I did rectify eventually.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,103 posts
11,660 battles

Having a quick look at your stats, playing a Fubuki is your problem ;) I'd take a Kiev / Tashkent / Benson over a IJN DD for ranked personally (if DD's are your thing). 

I'm not a fan of BB's, so I used the Atago mostly, and found it very effective.

beat me to it!

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Beta Tester
192 posts
6,834 battles

not at all over stepping the mark like i said i have a healthy understanding of my stats. ill take a look at the other dds maybe ready for the next set of ranked battles.  and nice to have a little lift knowing i dont suck as much as i thought lol.

Beta Tester
108 posts
13,311 battles

What I mean is that for every bad team you think you had, surely you must have faced against an equal (roughly) number of bad teams.

Basically, while you might have an unlucky streak you will always get a lucky streak as well - it all balances out. You should get an equal ratio of good to bad teams.

When you play hundreds of games - sure, lucky and unlucky streaks will level out. With a few dozen or so in ranked - not nescessarily.

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,090 battles

Wait a minute, I thought rank 1 was bad. I was at rank 2 and then decided to do my level best to get to rank 10 - I thought this was how it all worked, dammit. I was so proud of myself getting from rank 2 to where I am at the moment at rank 5, especially being lucky with pro teams I keep getting in their BB's - thought I had achieved something and now you go and tell me we're meant to aim for rank 1? Sigh, all that time wasted. Now I have to go the other way again.

Just a tad little sarcasm intended!

Edited by jinx_uk

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles

well .... i think it is time to remove the Premium  ships from Ranked 

mang.....

[JUNK]
Players
849 posts
9,661 battles

well .... i think it is time to remove the Premium  ships from Ranked 

mang.....

Yes please. Atlanta and Atago are so OP. It's not like they get one-shot all the time.

[-TWA-]
Beta Tester
134 posts
10,569 battles

Just made it, all matches in the North Carolina and without a Premium account.

zizLUyH.jpg

By the end I disliked the North Carolina quite a lot due to her inaccurate guns, next season I will have the Amagi but I'll keep the NC in case CVs become more popular in rankeds.

Let's see if Wargaming enables a Legendary rank mode so that we can keep playing beyond rank 1, I'm sure that even though we're not that many players we could organize "meetings" on certain days or a fixed time in the evening

I'd sure like to watch such matches if somebody would announce and livestream them.

[-TWA-]
Beta Tester
134 posts
10,569 battles

congrats CosMoe was this the victory on which I was on the losing side by any chance? or you gain this later?

I do remember your name. :)

If it was on the North map that was very closely won by points at 00:00 with 1 surviving cruiser on very low health on my side, then you were in it.

Maybe it was the Land of Fire match before where I kept a very small island in-between me and an Amagi at 3km distance, but was torped while we were going for the second go-around. Both matches were fun.

Your profile says you're rank 14, is that right?

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

The website was off for some time and for some reason the ranked stats that are being shown are from the previous season.

Players
465 posts
6,282 battles

I do remember your name. :)

If it was on the North map that was very closely won by points at 00:00 with 1 surviving cruiser on very low health on my side, then you were in it.

Maybe it was the Land of Fire match before where I kept a very small island in-between me and an Amagi at 3km distance, but was torped while we were going for the second go-around. Both matches were fun.

I was in the Land of fire match when we were playing chase around the island LOL (it as a very close match)..I'm currently rank 2 i think the rank stats are a bit screwy.

[-TWA-]
Beta Tester
134 posts
10,569 battles

I was in the Land of fire match when we were playing chase around the island LOL (it as a very close match)..I'm currently rank 2 i think the rank stats are a bit screwy.

We would have rotated around that island forever, if it were not for these pesky DDs. :D

Good luck (getting good teams), play it safe and you'll reach rank 1 soon, you're a more than good enough player.

[JUNK]
Players
849 posts
9,661 battles

9cwbAIZ.pngI think I did alright. All games in Amagi, save for one in myoko, which I played out of desperation.

Sign in to follow this