Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
22cm

Today 7 December Japan launches a surprise attack on Pearl Harbour in 1941

13 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
2,299 posts
1,085 battles

You mean that operation which missed the time when one of the main targets was in port and did not even destroy all fuel storage even though it was easy target?

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,654 battles

I'm pretty sure this is a troll topic to get people to flame each other for different opinions regarding Pearl Harbour.

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,056 posts
17,226 battles

You mean that operation which missed the time when one of the main targets was in port and did not even destroy all fuel storage even though it was easy target?

Your vision is lacking (I m not gonna call it stupid just to return your favor). No, I mean simple math, they brought a new, fresh enemy in the war, with a lot of economic power.

Beta Tester
298 posts
12,041 battles

The outcome of WW2 wouldn't change even if the Japanese had sunk the US carriers or destroyed the fuel dumps at Pearl. It wouldn't even delay their eventual defeat considering the Manhattan project would deliver on schedule.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,056 posts
17,226 battles

I'm pretty sure this is a troll topic to get people to flame each other for different opinions regarding Pearl Harbour.

Nope, and to stop that I ll just quote Winston Churchill : "We have won the war", after Pearl Harbour.
Edited by 22cm

Alpha Tester
1,818 posts
4,894 battles

Your vision is lacking (I m not gonna call it stupid just to return your favor). No, I mean simple math, they brought a new, fresh enemy in the war, with a lot of economic power.

A new enemy? Someone should obviously read up on the subject and realise that a confrontation was inevitable.

Other than that, this thread is utter garbage. One line in the opening post and no clear course for the following discussion. Not to mention that it was posted in the gameplay section in order to maximise exposure.

0/10. 

• Cool 3

[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
4,319 battles

Please stop with the "what if"'s already. There is no what if here. History does and will not change by any what if's. History evolved as it did and that doesn't change by any what if.

The only thing that you can do today is remember the 2500 people killed and another 1200 wounded on that day.

• Cool 2

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,056 posts
17,226 battles

A new enemy? Someone should obviously read up on the subject and realise that a confrontation was inevitable.

Other than that, this thread is utter garbage. One line in the opening post and no clear course for the following discussion. Not to mention that it was posted in the gameplay section in order to maximise exposure.

0/10. 

Actually, someone read up on the subject. Maybe you dont know, public opinion in US was against the war, and US declaration of war was only against Japan, not Germany.

Well, there is no more general discussion.

So, I m gonna quote admiral Yamamoto this time:

"Should hostilities once break out between Japan and the United States, it would not be enough that we take Guam and the Pillippines, nor even Hawaii and San Francisco. To make victory certain, we would have to march into Washington and dictate the terms of peace in the White House. I wonder if our politicians (who speak so lightly of a Japanese-American war) have confidence as to the final outcome and are prepared to make the necessary sacrifices."

"I can run wild for six months … after that, I have no expectation of success."

Edited by 22cm

Beta Tester
1,716 posts

Please stop with the "what if"'s already. There is no what if here. History does and will not change by any what if's. History evolved as it did and that doesn't change by any what if.

The only thing that you can do today is remember the 2500 people killed and another 1200 wounded on that day.

Agreed. My grandfather was in the US Navy during WW2 and long afterwards, just remember those poor guys, leave it there.
  • Cool 3

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

Agreed. My grandfather was in the US Navy during WW2 and long afterwards, just remember those poor guys, leave it there.

+1.  Top Comment. :honoring:

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,306 posts
9,063 battles

... and makes the Allies win the war.

Best story ever, short and to the point. Will definitely read it again :P

Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
1,108 battles

Thread closed due to breaches of the forum rules:

2.5 Off Topic, spamming and trolling