Sign in to follow this  
leetkhaos

Any tips for the High Caliber medal?

13 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
7,432 battles

Hi guys. I am trying to achieve the high caliber medal but I think that is very hard. Any tips?

I have the Murmansk and Atlanta premium ships too

i have tried some battleships (Not fully upgraded NM and NY) and some destroyers but I have no luck!!! I will give a change to Furutaka and Cleveland.

Any tips will be appreciated thanks in advance

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,084 battles

You want high caliber? Do lots of damage ( total counts )

You want confederate? Do at least 20% hp damage to as many ships as possible ( 5 is enough for medal )

If you need to ask how to do damage, please don't make threads about epic medals but just ask; how do I do damage?

Players
2 posts
7,432 battles

Thanks for your reply. Sure I am not asking for how to make damage of course. I just needed some tips about ships, tactics etc.

I have tried with both Destroyers and BBs but no luck yet

[BLOBS]
Community Contributor
921 posts
3,733 battles

Hmm, High Caliber... 

There's no real sure-fire way to earn it. You of course have to be dealing a high amount of damage for the award to pop up, but the only real advice I can give is, well, keep playing! The more you play, the more you learn about the game, the way the ships behave and ultimately you learn how to be a better player. There's always things to learn, since no two naval engagements are going to be identical. The quicker you can adapt to situations and can plan things out, the better chance you have of getting good results.

Practise your aim, consider your ammo choices, think about how you can get damage, but also not die early on and keep your ship in the game as long as possible. It's just a case of keep going. I'm only on 24 High Caliber awards in 600 matches, so it's by no means an award you can get reliably (30% of the health of the entire enemy team is a very large number after all). Just keep playing, have fun, and you'll get those awards in time.

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,378 posts
9,243 battles

Citadels, citadels and more citadels. :playing:

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

You basically need to learn to over double the damage you do consistently before you can start dreaming about High Calibers.

You can't reach top of the tree before you've learned to climb to higher than lowermost branches.

Looking your stats it looks like you haven't yet really learned any class properly.

So you should start by taking some ship in which you can do at least something and keep learning it untill you're consistently in upper end of score board.

But Atlanta sure ain't going to get those with everyone else being capable to hitting you long before you them. (Soviet DDs would just eat it in gunfight)

Murmansk would be viable candidate because of actually being able to hit something from long range.

Like Gremyashchy, but you seem to struggle also in that despite of combination of excellent guns and OK good torps.

I've myself used it to collect 90 High Calibers and 180 Confederates.

(personally bad performance if I'm not in three best scorers... including defeat match)

You want confederate? Do at least 20% hp damage to as many ships as possible ( 5 is enough for medal )

Bad idea to leave enemies alive after just doing some damage, because they'll probably want to shoot back.

And number of ships is six.

Edited by EsaTuunanen

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,084 battles

Bad idea to leave enemies alive after just doing some damage, because they'll probably want to shoot back.

Very true, so always make sure you have a meatshield between you and the enemy :hiding:

View PostEsaTuunanen, on 07 December 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

And number of ships is six.

Oopsie :)

edit: you did realize I wasn't serious I hope :) Ofc if you're good enough you can 'farm' medals, but until you got a view 'on their own' even thinking about how to farm them is way premature. 

Edited by mtm78

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

This is how you get High Caliber:

Loosers Score.jpgLoosers team.jpgLoosers details.jpg

One of the worst #$@&%*! team of !&?@#!#%&! I've ever seen.

Absolutely useless Battlesh*t players like one New Jerk sailing in straight line with side for perfect 90 degree angle hits from Wyoming.

Except for that Königsberg also other cruiser players were #$@&%*! pisspoor stats.

And how in #$@&%*! can someone have 3k average damage in Minekaze with basically torpedo hit once per every third match?

Loosers Score.jpg

Loosers team.jpg

Loosers details.jpg

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,084 battles

That Minekaze has by any chance a negative number for 'other kills' on his profile?

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

That Minekaze has by any chance a negative number for 'other kills' on his profile?

Nope.

Overall his average dmg from 530 matches is 8k

Beta Tester, Players
494 posts
5,258 battles
i seem to get high caliber along with confederate in at least 70% of the ranked matches i do in my Fuso.
Edited by Flashy_NLR

Players
2,179 posts
13,130 battles

View PostEsaTuunanen, on 07 December 2015 - 04:04 PM, said:

You basically need to learn to over double the damage you do consistently before you can start dreaming about High Calibers.

You can't reach top of the tree before you've learned to climb to higher than lowermost branches.

Looking your stats it looks like you haven't yet really learned any class properly.

So you should start by taking some ship in which you can do at least something and keep learning it untill you're consistently in upper end of score board.

Good post. I'll just add /repeat a few things. :)

Make it your #1 objective to always be top of your team and High Calibers will follow eventually. 

Whatever class you play, that means learning to (mostly) stay alive for the entire match. The exception being when you test the limits of your ship and skills or if sacrificing your ship can secure the win.

Your stats says you tend to die a lot, and your average damage is low across all classes. Hitrate is decent at around 25%. My guess is you need to work on your gamesense and think about what kinds of fights and situations you can survive before getting into them. 

As for ships, Omaha, Gremy, New Mexico and Cleveland should all permit you to do very well.

Murmansk / Omaha is my personal favorite. It has good guns and good maneuverability. The trick is staying alive.

BBs in Ranked games earns me most epic medals, but they're probably the hardest class to play well due to their slow speed, long reload time and terrible maneuverability. I'd advice to not pick those up before having played the other classes.

Also, Minekaze and the torpedo boats seems to work for other people (but I can't say, since I dont play them myself)

Edited by GulvkluderGuld

Sign in to follow this