Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kisra

concerned of World of warships

9 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
589 battles

i have played games from awhile and i tend to know the easier start you have the harder your end will be meaning in other games of course , if you character or whatever you play with at early stages start to seem really easy or in other word "overpower"at late game you will usually be "underpower" that being said am here to address two issues i saw in this game world of warships which i have being long long time in waiting for it with great hopes for it turns out to what the things that disappoint me which i am going to state them into two/major problem, and one problem that annoys me that i saw so far in my game play which i haven't played for a long time

1- Match making

Match making are really unbalanced putting me as Tier V with Tier VII! , how exactly is that far all why i can do is try to start as far as i can from those higher tier then me and for sure that doesn't help my team to win nor am doing anything to help my team to win this disaster battle the only way i see to fix this is to restrict the match making from putting people together with more then one higher or lower tier that's much more like it (example Tier 4 can be in team with Tier 3 or Tier 5 but noway to be with Tier 2 nor Tier 6 .....etc and so on)

2-Carriers JPN vs USA

and this is why i did say what i said before because at Tier 4 USA can pretty much get superb Air dominating the sky and those JPN have no chance to do a thing due to their paper Air fighter and the limitation of their holding Air in their CV.. which is totally unbalanced (i don't play JPN i do play USA)and i was worried from End game  of USA after i saw how easy i can be good at early stage in fight vs JPN so i did look at the line of both nation to find out USA have No what so ever offense at higher tiers USA should go all fighter Just to hold the threat of the JPN all fighter mods and 1 or 2 or whatever dive bomber which is a waste of and air plane if you ask me ya it have a chance to set the enemy ship on fight but who cares about setting them on fire, fire doesn't kill them nor does hold them from shooting at our team all what it does dmg over time which for me is USELESS unless he is totally alone and already used his repairs that why he will mostly burn to death depend on how many fire in his ship and how much HP he got left other then this dive bomb is USELESS! which exactly what the USA is allowed to get more of without given away their fighters which at Tier X is almost exactly like the JPN fighter you get no more advanced over their fighters anymore maybe faster ? but that doesn't do a thing when you are facing more then you only 1 squad as vs 2 squad of JPN will eat you and the 6 vs 4 airplane par squad is TOTALLY useless JPN 2 squad = 8, USA 1 squad = 6 ? still fair , not to mention the more squad you have it actually helps the team to see enemy ships at early game while you are busy trying to focus on the other CV to take it down as the high tier tiers to do all the times which mostly the JPN can do it away more easily with more airplane count on the sky TB your useless CV with one strike will mostly take you down while the USA can't do it with one strike due to the limitation of your squad number of TB even if it does have more plans because if you can control 10 airplanes each will be much better aiming them then stack them all in squad and go go torp it in every direction and only 2-3 torps actually hits while the rest fly away so ya more squads are away better than more airplane par squads ..... i can keep going in this point but i wouldn't i believe the player might say few more points in their own or helping me

3-A sense of progress

i don't see it when i buy a new ship of any kind well not most of the time, but sometimes i feel my next ship is punishment not an upgrade and i HAVE being Forced to be with it for the next ship am talking about All ships (DD CL BB CV), and please don't tell me the different between Example BB Tier III and BB Tier IV you got more secondary guns!, as in secondary guns for BB is most of the times is useless! its just an example of a fake sense of progress not an actual case we got here.

Thanks for reading this and please excuse my grammar if its way off the chart.

Beta Tester, Players
470 posts
4,911 battles

i have played games from awhile and i tend to know the easier start you have the harder your end will be meaning in other games of course , if you character or whatever you play with at early stages start to seem really easy or in other word "overpower"at late game you will usually be "underpower" that being said am here to address two issues i saw in this game world of warships which i have being long long time in waiting for it with great hopes for it turns out to what the things that disappoint me which i am going to state them into two/major problem, and one problem that annoys me that i saw so far in my game play which i haven't played for a long time

1- Match making

Match making are really unbalanced putting me as Tier V with Tier VII! , how exactly is that far all why i can do is try to start as far as i can from those higher tier then me and for sure that doesn't help my team to win nor am doing anything to help my team to win this disaster battle the only way i see to fix this is to restrict the match making from putting people together with more then one higher or lower tier that's much more like it (example Tier 4 can be in team with Tier 3 or Tier 5 but noway to be with Tier 2 nor Tier 6 .....etc and so on)

tiers in this game do not mean as much as they do in say WoT. A T5 can easily dominate a T7 match. just like a T7 can fail in a T5 match. just have to play smartly.

2-Carriers JPN vs USA

I dont play CV so i cant comment much on this. Just from other ships perspective, torps ar not that hard to avoid if you have situational awareness.

3-A sense of progress

i don't see it when i buy a new ship of any kind well not most of the time, but sometimes i feel my next ship is punishment not an upgrade and i HAVE being Forced to be with it for the next ship am talking about All ships (DD CL BB CV), and please don't tell me the different between Example BB Tier III and BB Tier IV you got more secondary guns!, as in secondary guns for BB is most of the times is useless! its just an example of a fake sense of progress not an actual case we got here.

T3 and T4 BBs are generally crap all around, tho the upgrade from the SC to the wyoming is large, going from 8 to 12 guns is a vast improvement. Also the stock configs when you get new ships are a bad way to tell how a ship will preform. Stock Kongo, and fuso are crap, but when fully upgraded they are monsters. How ever there ore one to 2 ships that are not that good all around, and will just have to grind through them. otherwise tho once you have upgraded ships the progression is there. *US battleship through T7 are so very unforgiving

Edited by Flashy_NLR

Players
4 posts
589 battles

Working as intended comes to mind when dealing with WG mechanics, so...

working as intended its so funny to read this but it does sound soo true also

Players
4 posts
589 battles

tiers in this game do not mean as much as they do in say WoT. A T5 can easily dominate a T7 match. just like a T7 can fail in a T5 match. just have to play smartly.

T3 and T4 BBs are generally crap all around, tho the upgrade from the SC to the wyoming is large, going from 8 to 12 guns is a vast improvement. Also the stock configs when you get new ships are a bad way to tell how a ship will preform. Stock Kongo, and fuso are crap, but when fully upgraded they are monsters. How ever there ore one to 2 ships that are not that good all around, and will just have to grind through them. otherwise tho once you have upgraded ships the progression is there. *US battleship through T7 are so very unforgiving

maybe but i have a hard time to see that happening when you are in for example BB T5 vs T7 unless the T7 is not good at all at Aiming or his strategy of taking you down simply because he suppose to hit harder and he got more HP then you are *what did you mean by US Battleship through T7 are so very unforgiving in which way ?*

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

maybe but i have a hard time to see that happening when you are in for example BB T5 vs T7 unless the T7 is not good at all at Aiming or his strategy of taking you down simply because he suppose to hit harder and he got more HP then you are *what did you mean by US Battleship through T7 are so very unforgiving in which way ?*

Teamwork is everything.

You are still inexperienced in this game to judge it like that. The MM is in most of cases fine (except in late night hours when it simply doesn't have enough ships to balance properly). And as someone before said, yes, you can beat a higher tier ship in this game if you actually try and do some manuevers, like angling.

Secondaries are far from useless and I love almost every ship that has good secondaries. They work really good against everything as they can wreck DDs and CAs and set other BBs on fire (it doesn't always happen) and I've had quite a few battles where secondaries did 10-20k dmg (on certain ships tho).

Anyway, you still have too few battles to judge the game like that. Every ship has its flaws and you need to exploit them when facing it :)

Weekend Tester
1,674 posts
10,240 battles

Tier difference is not that important and basically all ships can battle +2 tier opponents. Survivability wise, differences are rather small: NY upgraded has 49.100 hp while upgraded Colorado has 50.100

Also please note that you will be in +2 tier battles only occasionally as most games will be of same tier (or +1). With very few games played in T5, first impressions about MM can be deceiving (small data sample).

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,672 posts
8,724 battles

3-A sense of progress

That one concerns me for a long time already. I just dont want to play when I know the next or even the next few ships will be absolutely no improvement. The players not wanting to progress cant be in WGs interest either.

For example, after the T5- Minekaze you get a Mutsuki which is a downgrade. And no, not just relatively ( as in a tier per tier comparison), but an actual downgrade in most important parameters. And then on T7 it gets even worse! Something very similar is true for the US CA-line. T7-9 are basically the exact same ship with some minor differences. Theres zero feeling of a power-progression.

I understand that it makes sense for WG to place a credit-sink somewhere in the line (f.e. Izumo in a otherwise "healthy" line), but placing 2-3 ships with nearly identical playstile and powerlevel next to each other seems odd. It gives the game a impression of "broken" imho.

Beta Tester, Players
470 posts
4,911 battles

*what did you mean by US Battleship through T7 are so very unforgiving in which way ?*

as everything else has been addressed, i will answers this. US battleships when you get to T5 through to T7 have very short range, and are fairly slow to boot, so you have to get in close which is not always easy (all us battleships up to T8 plays like this, but really becomes apperant once you start seeing t6+ matches). And you have to learn how to angle to use them effectively. Once you hit T8 you get BB's that are faster and have nice range.  

Edited by Flashy_NLR

Sign in to follow this