14,688 battles

STOCK 

turret travel speed 38.3 sec for 180 degree =  76.6 Seconds for a 360 

reload 4.3 round/ min = 14 sec reload

WkdBRfW.png

With gun modification 2

+15% turret speed=  + 5.405 degree /second = 65.11 seconds for 360

10% slow reload = 15.1 sec reload

On paper it looks like Gun mod 2 is great since this ship has good accuracy,fast shell travel and no arc, can anyone with Myoko confirm ? 

EDIT :   used Gun mod 2, as Kurbain said it's really useful for dodging and hitting, the difference is 1 second and barely noticeable 

Edited by xtrm_

Players
695 posts

Well Im using it, but obviously it has drawbacks. So yes I think while other jap cruiser with 36 sec base turret rotation are manageable without this mod, Myoko with 45 sec is better with it. There will be people who think otherwise, so its personal preference, but *I* agree with this mod. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

I just finished the Myoko grind and bought the Mogami.

I've never used the Main Battery Modification 2 on it, but judging by the amount of frustration and missed damage the battleship-level turret rotation brought me, it's definitely worth it.

Since a lot of dodging is required to survive at the higher tiers as a IJN cruiser you will spend a lot of time waiting for your turrets to rotate into position and turning your ship to get your guns locked on target faster isn't always an option as it might mean exposing your broadside.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,102 posts
11,659 battles

I seem to remember that the gun mod and the tier two captain skill make the Myoko's traverse speed bearable...

Sign in to follow this