Sign in to follow this  
Kurbain

Where's the flooding?

6 comments in this topic

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

Hello fellow CV players,

I've recently unlocked the Lexington and was eager to start torpedoing ships again after using the AA configuration on the Ranger.

I'm aware that the torpedo flooding chance has been reduces to about 50%, but after trying out the torpedo bombers first hand I ended up with results like this:

w5ICnD2.jpgPKZNsYC.jpg

As far as I know most ships, especially BBs, have a hidden value that further reduces flooding chance, but 2 floodings after 12 torpedo hits and 1 flooding after 13?

It makes the whole Cause Flooding -> Wait for Repair -> Set on Fire thing impossible in most cases and notably reduces damage.

Am I getting unlucky? Might I be doing something wrong? I can upload replays if necessary.

Players
4 posts
595 battles

Well As as far as Carrier Gameplay goes, there is no garenty for flooding or setting the ship on fire with DB (Dive Bomers). Even though I am still on Bogue, and the chance is 50 % it wont make much sense to get only 2 flooding in 10 + torp hits. And although is there are 10 + torp hit on one bb ore crusesr, they would probly be dead. So try to post this in the errors page of the forms along with the video so that Beta Testers and the game manufacturers can help you.

Good Luck

CaptainGoogler

:honoring:

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

Nope, that's the new chance. 10% or so...

I really hope not, but considering my results and the fact that the average damage across all high-tier CVs last week was 39K, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Well As as far as Carrier Gameplay goes, there is no garenty for flooding or setting the ship on fire with DB (Dive Bomers). Even though I am still on Bogue, and the chance is 50 % it wont make much sense to get only 2 flooding in 10 + torp hits. And although is there are 10 + torp hit on one bb ore crusesr, they would probly be dead. So try to post this in the errors page of the forms along with the video so that Beta Testers and the game manufacturers can help you.

Good Luck

CaptainGoogler

:honoring:

Well, I doubt it is a bug. Either I got very unlucky or the flooding chance has become crazy low these days. I'm just wondering which 2 of these it is and if there's anything I can do to improve my chances.

My Torpedo bombers are unupgraded. Does upgrading them increase the chance of flooding? I would prefer keeping them stock since the upgrade reduces their speed by 4 knots. (So much for calling it an upgrade)

[HOME]
Players
747 posts
7,529 battles

It really is that low....i mean i havent done much damage in my lexington(courtesy of stock bombers) but ive noticed that a lot in my ryujo despite hitting more torps after the spread change....so although i hit more i do less damage thanks to lack of DoT. ....

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles

well the Nerf the flooding like any thing els in 5.1 in the Carriers ............ 

mang

Sign in to follow this