Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Alienazo

A joke of MM

33 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,520 posts
1,475 battles

That's what happens when there aren't enough players in the MM and one of the persons waiting hits the 5min max waiting time.

[FAM]
Beta Tester
225 posts
16,108 battles

Could be.

I was waiting just for 1 minute.

But Why alone?

That´s the point

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

Could be.

I was waiting just for 1 minute.

But Why alone?

That´s the point

Agree. This should not happen. Obviously the Division was waiting for a T10 CV to join the queue so they could get a battle. However, I think the MM should make them wait longer so they are evenly matched.

Players
27 posts
45 battles

I dont know what you complain about. WG did a good job here to create a fun and immersive game.

Edited by KaybaKanade
  • Cool 3

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

I dont know what you complain about. WG did a good job here to create a fun and immersive game.

Not a helpful or insightful comment. The MM was changed to match CVs. However, there is also an objective that players do not wait an excessive time for a battle. That went wrong this time. Hopefully reports like this will get that changed. But overall most people do not play T10 CVs so they can have a fun game.

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

Not a helpful or insightful comment. The MM was changed to match CVs. However, there is also an objective that players do not wait an excessive time for a battle. That went wrong this time. Hopefully reports like this will get that changed. But overall most people do not play T10 CVs so they can have a fun game.

They don't play WoWS to be frustrated, irritated, perplexed or feel that they are totally wasting their time, either.

If they want to do that they can always talk to the Missus.

No they play WoWS for enjoyment.

As I've posted on another thread, before I retired as a Software Developer I wrote some matching/scheduling programs, and I can truthfully say that WoWS MM is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

Some of the howlers that it throws up are not just about "tweaking to get it right" - they are just stupid.

• Cool 3

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,529 battles

The BIGGEST problem is that people do not want to play high tiers. We all know why - you have to be superman to get enough money for game to cover repairs and ammo. 

I bought T9 DD and now after 9 battles in it i feel like it was my biggest mistake in WOWs, should have never sold Fubuki, with stock Kagero i lose so much money its absurd, not to mention upgrades will cost a fortune.

WG DOES NOT WANT TO UNDERSTAND, that people are not ready to grind as much as WG wants them to!!!!!! And guess what, that leads to player base reduction and there will be time soon, if this goes on, that you will see this kind of MM on lower tiers too. 

• Cool 1

Players
568 posts
5,211 battles

Sarcasm. It's a thing.

Cheers, M

• Cool 2

[DEDIO]
Players
56 posts
8,441 battles

the MM sometimes doesn't work even if there are enough players (a "fit for purpose" MM algorithm should not bring someone to 9+ consecutive losses streak), so I am not surprised to see it misbehaving in your case.

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

As I've posted on another thread, before I retired as a Software Developer I wrote some matching/scheduling programs, and I can truthfully say that WoWS MM is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

Some of the howlers that it throws up are not just about "tweaking to get it right" - they are just stupid.

And those happen even during times when there should be plenty of players on server, especially around T5.

In fact almost feels like worst around T5 screw ups happen during times with lots of players, like MM couldn't handle number of players or something and just vomits up one team.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,082 battles

The BIGGEST problem is that people do not want to play high tiers. We all know why - you have to be superman to get enough money for game to cover repairs and ammo. 

I bought T9 DD and now after 9 battles in it i feel like it was my biggest mistake in WOWs, should have never sold Fubuki, with stock Kagero i lose so much money its absurd, not to mention upgrades will cost a fortune.

WG DOES NOT WANT TO UNDERSTAND, that people are not ready to grind as much as WG wants them to!!!!!! And guess what, that leads to player base reduction and there will be time soon, if this goes on, that you will see this kind of MM on lower tiers too. 

The OP was talking about MM and not economics (although it cost him a lot because of the fubarred MM). That battle should never have happened and shows a failing with the MM.

Regarding your rant Fonfalks, I am in a similar position as you regarding tier IX DD's. You have played 6 won 1, I have played 5 won 2 but only lost credits on 1 battle. The biggest difference is XP, you have a stealthy ship so why not cap?

Anyway, back to the OP, lesson to be learned, whilst we wait for an improved MM is to play tier 10's before 8pm! :sceptic:

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

I just got the same:

an8jNxj.jpg

GJ WG

A horrible example. That is just ridiculous!

Even a programming beginner would be ashamed of programs which allow this sort of matchmaking - never mind so-called "professionals".

For heavens's sake, If WG want to send me their current MM algorithm I will gladly fix it FREE OF CHARGE:izmena:

• Cool 1

[FAM]
Beta Tester
225 posts
16,108 battles

I just got the same:

an8jNxj.jpg

GJ WG

Haha

Even worst.

Lets go, someone with one Cv against 5?

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles

Haha

Even worst.

Lets go, someone with one Cv against 5?

That on itself wouldn't be THAT much of a problem for a high tier CV. As long as there wasn't another Midway on the other team.

[FAM]
Beta Tester
225 posts
16,108 battles

That on itself wouldn't be THAT much of a problem for a high tier CV. As long as there wasn't another Midway on the other team.

Agree

One CV against 4 ships would be funny.

• Cool 1

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,552 battles

One of the problems is that the MM treats a division as one player that takes up three spots. Obviously it shouldn't.

While these absurd CV cases are the worst, it isn't all that much better to sit in a team with no T10, 1 T9 and the rest T8s and face a full T10 division with the usual unevenness of teams on top. 3 Yamatos will walk all over a team with no T10s. Those divisions should obviously count as three T10s and not one. The MM should balance the ships of the entire team.

"Ah what about fail divisions?" Well, since faildivisions can already drag low tier carriers up into high tier battles (if the fail-ship is the carrier), then the MM can clearly take division compositions into account. That said, faildivs shouldn't be able to screw over some random poor guy by dragging him into a battle he doesn't belong in. So the MM should at most only consider one tier difference in divisions (or better yet, block faildivs from even forming, but we have asked for this for a long time, hasn't happened yet).

The dearth of ships at T10 isn't so much the MM the fails. It is a mess of factors, but in the end it will naturally screw people over like this. Incidentally I also think it has an impact on those T10 divisions. Forming a T10 division dramatically increases your chances of winning, not just from the usual benefits, but the fact that you stack your team with the best ships and the enemy gets not compensation. I'm not saying this the reason for T10 divs (another reason could be that T10s are somewhat rare, so sticking together gets battles a bit faster, which can be valuable when you have to wait 3-4-5 minutes).

The worst case example I have seen was one team got two full T10 divs, the other team got a solitary Yamato. The MM saw this as a 2v1 in T10s which is not optimal, but within acceptable parameters. Obviously it wasn't quite acceptable.

• Cool 1

[BGNAV]
Beta Tester
452 posts
8,129 battles

Nothing to comment at all on both examples. They are cases that NEVER EVER should happen. 

These lonely carriers against 4 or 5 enemies are just victims ...

The Algo is just wrong. Fair Matchmaking should be number 1 and the algo with the highest priority, even outruling the 5 minutes rule. It should be just reverse that the 5 minute rule for whomever has less priority than the fair matchmaking rule. Such battles are just useless and waste of time and resources ....

• Cool 1

[PLO]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,418 posts

The Algo is just wrong. Fair Matchmaking should be number 1 and the algo with the highest priority, even outruling the 5 minutes rule. It should be just reverse that the 5 minute rule for whomever has less priority than the fair matchmaking rule. Such battles are just useless and waste of time and resources ....

There isn't any 5 minutes rule anymore. I have been waiting for battles 10 and even 15 minutes.

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
12,943 battles

these where all Hakuryuus if it would have been a Midway he would have wo the Battle :trollface:

[BGNAV]
Beta Tester
452 posts
8,129 battles

There isn't any 5 minutes rule anymore. I have been waiting for battles 10 and even 15 minutes.

If true, even worse than. Because without 5 minute rule there is no excuse why people get such matchmaking like in the examples posted.

Players
385 posts
3,363 battles

No worries! help is on the way!

Within next 2 weeks WG will sell 10 000 Tirpitz bundles @100EUR each. They will happily fill in the blanks, so you fellas have plenty XP bags to punch :trollface:

Sign in to follow this