Sign in to follow this  
Fonfalks

Kagero

13 comments in this topic

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,490 battles

I have played obviously all IJN DDs up until Kagero and it was all quite fun. But i dont understand what to do with Stock Kagero and how to play it at all. I lose A TON OF MONEY playing it and i poses superb win/loss ration on it - 100% loss in like 8 games. 

Only torpedoes that i hit are lucky ones, in every battle there are 1000000 planes, everything is bad with Kagero, its slow, torpedoes are slow, reload time is crazy, there are only 8 torpedoes on it its like Fubuki, but 100 times worse in every way possible. 

Does anyone have any advice on how to play stock Kagero? I think i will never upgrade it they way it goes now not to mention money issues with it. 

Does WG want people to stop playing after T8???

[OMNI]
Players
772 posts
11,567 battles

Kagero has the best detection attainable. Get your skills up. Get the good Torpedoes. Then it becomes a nightmare to a lot of players.

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,490 battles

Kagero has the best detection attainable. Get your skills up. Get the good Torpedoes. Then it becomes a nightmare to a lot of players.

i have almost full skill captain(just need 1 point for reduced detection skill), but playing with stock Kagero is a nightmare worst then anything - those 57 knot torpedoes are being avoided by anyone that is not a bot, at t9 there always seem to be a lot of planes, i get detected all the time, torpedoes are seen all the time, damage i do is laughable, and money i lose after every game is a small fortune.....

It feels like WG DOES NOT WANT PEOPLE TO PLAY T9. 

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,040 posts
29,652 battles

I sold my Kagero due to the issues you are facing and replaced it with the Kiev.

Players
1 post
4,942 battles

It is a fantastic Ship; After Upgrades. I purchased it only After Being abel to afford the new Torps. With the 57 crapno fun, after that a Killer. Stat wise better Theo my iowa.

Players
58 posts

It is a fantastic Ship; After Upgrades. I purchased it only After Being abel to afford the new Torps. With the 57 crapno fun, after that a Killer. Stat wise better Theo my iowa.

Not so hard with ur stat on Iowa.

Players
2,907 posts
4,556 battles

I have played obviously all IJN DDs up until Kagero and it was all quite fun. But i dont understand what to do with Stock Kagero and how to play it at all. I lose A TON OF MONEY playing it and i poses superb win/loss ration on it - 100% loss in like 8 games. 

Only torpedoes that i hit are lucky ones, in every battle there are 1000000 planes, everything is bad with Kagero, its slow, torpedoes are slow, reload time is crazy, there are only 8 torpedoes on it its like Fubuki, but 100 times worse in every way possible. 

Does anyone have any advice on how to play stock Kagero? I think i will never upgrade it they way it goes now not to mention money issues with it. 

Does WG want people to stop playing after T8???

Welcome to the tiers +9 :)

Just max it out and learn to play it. She's a good ship, on par with Fubuki. True, it's costly to raise her from the bottom, so try to stay alive. Earn some money with 5 tiers, perhaps?

Edit: by the way, I remember playing with you in one battle. Cheers! Don't give up, as Shimakaze is a great reward.

Edited by aguir

Players
383 posts
13,097 battles

I play Kagero stock and dont have problems to upgrade Just select slower targets and try to be closer when firing stock torps Second thing you need all equipment (3 mil. for faster torps reload-Torpedo Tubes Modification 3 and 2 mil. for better camo-Concealment System Modification 1) My capt. dont have Concealment Expert skill In my eyes Kagero is 30% better than Fubuki (using hull B with 3 turrets on both DDs) Faster torpedoes are really fast and powerfull and you can expect some lucky/blind shots on longer distances Its Hatsuharu on steroids

Edited by _interceptor_80

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,490 battles

My final thoughts on Kagero. 

First let me tell you that i have upgraded it to maximum and i have all captain skills and all modules. 

So Kagero is very situational ship, i must say, with potential to do great things in right maps and right MM, however it happens just too rare to do well consistently in random battles playing 100% games alone. Kagero is nothing but a floating XP bag for all gunboats(MM is very generous, its putting on red team sometimes 2 or even 3 gunboats), if you dont have gun boats you will have other huge annoyence - carriers, there is nothing that will screw up your game as bad as carrier with a brains or even a little brains. Often you will get even 2 carriers. Then its game over unless you are super lucky. And if nothing of previous 2 cases happens then you can get a MM with say 2 BBs and rest cruisers or DDs and have fun hitting something there. 

Yeah i have had some really good games on this ship, even got Kraken on this, but overall its just terrible and now that i have researched Kagero i will sell this piece of crap. 

Kagero has no speed, no guns, its stealth is useless when sky is full with planes and god luck trying to outrun any gunboat. 

[BOATY]
Beta Tester
21 posts
15,952 battles

Father for I have sinned...

.. I skipped Kagero with free xp... I desired Shima.

Ok, a bit dramatic, but true. Don't get me wrong, Shimakaze is a beast of a ship but it has it's issues, namely that everyone wants to kill you. kagero is a different sort of a ship. With the right skills it's a ninja, a 5.4km assassin.

Because you only have 8 torpedoes you wait to release them at the right time instead of spraying 15. You don't have so much speed so you pay a lot of attention to oncoming cruisers. You spot USN DDs with a KM or so to spare so you can avoid them. They would chase you but they don't like being detected so they don't chase you  if you have friends about to back you up.

I do twice the damage in Shima than Kagero, but I win many more games with the T9 DD using stealth and tactics....

... and I'm not the center of attention.

Beta Tester
438 posts
3,506 battles

Kagero is a worse ship than the Fubuki (For as long as you don't make the mistake of equiping the 15k torpedos in it, ofc, stay with the fast 10k torps)... Period, I don't know what ppl is smoking this days but Fubuki with the same skills is just 300m "bigger"... Nothing the speed difference between both can't fix.

Speaking about gameplay... Kagero has 1 strong point, Fubuki lacks... Long range attacks. When the enemy enjoys Air Superiority... With a Fubuki it's game over...

...With a Kagero you can still form up with friendly CA and still try to torp long range BBs with the fast 67kn Torps... There is a LOT of luck involved as you not only have to catch unsuspecting enemies (I usually select 2nd line BBs and, when possible, try to endanger other ships that are closer... There are plenty of times you hit extra ships that aren't your prime target, specially if you time your attacks well... The good thing about CV pressence is that BB+CA packs are more compact, leaving less room to maneuver and presenting more oportunities for multitargeting on the same path), but also predict when there is not going to be Air activity in your torpedos' path... But at least you have the option...

...But certainly, a stock Kagero is a direct downgrade from the Fubuki in every single possible way.

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,490 battles

Now when i have Shima i look back at Kagero as a evil nightmare. Shima is so much better its almost amazing. 

P.s. Today did around 255000 damage on shima, but still lost game lol eh well some things dont change(fools in team :child:)... 

Players
38 posts
6,076 battles

you need fools (or unlucky torped) in team to get 255000 damage

Edited by modigea

Sign in to follow this