Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tuuletar

Yubari

27 comments in this topic

[TAITO]
Players
325 posts
4,917 battles

Has it ever been on resale?

Any chance it would be in Christmas sale?

I have always liked small "stealthy cruisers" i bought Blyskawica and got Rank 1 with it even its not a cruiser but can be used very similiar way. 

:)

Edited by Tuuletar

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

It has never been on sale again, however someone from WG has stated that Yubari, Gremy and Sims will be on sale again, approximately 1 year after the game release.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

I wouldn't exactly say that the Yubari is that good anyway.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,069 posts
17,316 battles

Has it ever been on resale?

Any chance it would be in Christmas sale?

I have always liked small "stealthy cruisers" i bought Blyskawica and got Rank 1 with it even its not a cruiser but can be used very similiar way. 

:)

Don t. It s not worth the money. I ve bought all 3 ships from the light fleet package in CBT, and all 3 were OK then. Grem is still OK, but Yubari and Sims were hit hard by the changes when the game was launched.

For Yubari, even a close miss will damage the engine or the rudder.

Edited by 22cm

[TAITO]
Players
325 posts
4,917 battles

I know it has some "limitations" but usually i learn to counter them.

And i dont seek the ultimate ship i just want to enjoy to play :)

Thanks for answers!

[SCRUB]
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

Yeh, they aren't what they used to be. Grem is deffinetly the best.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,069 posts
17,316 battles

Thanks for answers!

Trust me, 3-4 critical engine damage in a single game can be really annoying.

Beta Tester
1,520 posts
1,475 battles

It has never been on sale again, however someone from WG has stated that Yubari, Gremy and Sims will be on sale again, approximately 1 year after the game release.

No, they didn't say it will be again, but that if it will be again on sale then earliest 1 year after the release.

[SCRUB]
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

Tuuletar, the Yubari actually isn't really a small stealthy cruiser, and it got really no damage potential as its guns are bad. Its got the worst torps of any cruiser because of the arc. If you want a stealthy gun boat, get the Gremmy, it in some ways play a lot like the polish DD.

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

No, they didn't say it will be again, but that if it will be again on sale then earliest 1 year after the release.

They are all just money grabbing whores so yes, it will be on sale in other words...
  • Cool 1

[TAITO]
Players
325 posts
4,917 battles

Tuuletar, the Yubari actually isn't really a small stealthy cruiser, and it got really no damage potential as its guns are bad. Its got the worst torps of any cruiser because of the arc. If you want a stealthy gun boat, get the Gremmy, it in some ways play a lot like the polish DD.

Gremyashchy could be nice but its so similiar with blyskawica that i would feel its kinda waste of hard earned cash.

Tone is also ship that im very intrested because of the Fighter Wing

Edited by Tuuletar

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,069 posts
17,316 battles

Gremyashchy could be nice but its so similiar with blyskawica that i would feel its kinda waste of hard earned cash.

Not the other way arround? With Gremy you can retrain captains for an in-game navy.
Edited by 22cm

[SCRUB]
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

Last I had the Tone just has extra scouts in can send out, not fighters. 

[TAITO]
Players
325 posts
4,917 battles

Last I had the Tone just has extra scouts in can send out, not fighters. 

Oh :sceptic: well

Then it will not be on "buy" list.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Not to mention you're never going to use the 'extra' planes in a normal match anyway, you got more planesxflight-time then there are minutes in the game. 

[SCRUB]
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

I still can not understand what made them make that mistake. I think it would have been really interesting if we had had a squadron of 6 floatplane divebombers. This would make for a potential great ship, but hard to master, as it would require you to focus on both using planes and fighting normally. It would also make it stand out from the crowd of cruisers.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

There is concept art of WoWs with hybrid BB-CV, I was hoping Tone would be the first showcasing what they had planned with that.. :(

[SCRUB]
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

I really do hope we get those hybrid BBV and CAV. The japanese did go crazy with floatplanes after all, might as well bring them in game. Would also make for some interesting lines in the tech tree.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,069 posts
17,316 battles

There is concept art of WoWs with hybrid BB-CV, I was hoping Tone would be the first showcasing what they had planned with that.. :(

Only thing close to that were the Ise and Hyuga BBs, who were planned to be fully converted into CVs, but because the lack of time and resources were only partly converted into CV, the resulting ship being a weak BB-CV mix.

They could carry and launch a maximum of 22 airplanes, but only at first launch. None of the planes could land back on the ship, but half of them being seaplanes could "land" on the sea and be taken back on the ship, using a crane, to be launched again (the other half being normal planes had to land somewhere else or sink in the sea).

Because of this, it s too complicate to add them in game.

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,532 battles

Thanks for answers!

Bought the Yubari as well. Can not recommend the ship at all. 2 turrets which have horrible rotation speed, Torp launchers with very limited angles and a very big citadel. Stuff gets knocked out easily and it now only has one AA defensive fire charge, which pretty much totally defeats the idea behind the ship. An unexperienced carrier might send a swarm of planes over you but that'll be a rare occurance. If the three ships from before release were back on sale, I would only be interested in the Grem since the Sims also isn't worth much these days.

Players
1,497 posts
2,586 battles

I wouldn't exactly say that the Yubari is that good anyway.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

it used to be a very great little ship, and then something happend i dont remember exactly what but now its just meh

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

it used to be a very great little ship, and then something happend i dont remember exactly what but now its just meh

Changed armor, all CL and DD now have much more module damage. Losing engines 3 times a match in Yubari seems sooner a rule then a possibility, and then only if you survive the first 2. 

edit:

Also IJN guns < 203mm have had their fire chance lowered -> less fires -> less total damage.

edit2:

Also planes now have more HP so without using AAA barage you don't nearly kill as many planes as before.

Edited by mtm78

Players
1,497 posts
2,586 battles

Changed armor, all CL and DD now have much more module damage. Losing engines 3 times a match in Yubari seems sooner a rule then a possibility, and then only if you survive the first 2. 

most likely that yes but still very sad :( i really liked my Yuubari

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

I still like her, but she is a support ship. You can't yolo with a Yubari, as any 1v1 encounter with let's say a Phoenix or a Kuma should be a loss given equally skilled captains. But the AAA barage and it's long range make it an excellent support ship ( you do need AFT and superintendent ). 

Sign in to follow this