Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
txtspeak

bogue

14 comments in this topic

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

ok, I unlocked the bogue today and went into my first random battle. there was a zuiho on my team and two bogues on the enemy team. after a short while I saw three squadrons of fighters.

that cant be right? they're both bogue classes! I still have only one squadron of fighter and one squadron of torpedo bombers.

yet I am seeing enemy bogues with two or three squadrons of fighters and still having some dive bombers.

wat?

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

Did you check the modules you can research on your Bogue? You can have 3 different set ups on it. Besides the stock one (1/1/0, Fighter/TBs/Bomber) you also have one with 2/0/1 set up nd 0/1/2 and its up to you to choose which one you wanna play :)

[STARS]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
201 posts
8,067 battles

It was your first battle in the bogue so i assume you used the stock setup.  

One of the other Bogue's probably had an upgraded setup (2 fighters + 1 dive bomber)

[DSW]
Players
3,790 posts
7,737 battles

stock (1-0-1) is still the better Bogue config imho, since with a lone Dive Bomber squadron you're not gonna do a whole lot for your team, and you also tend to make for a pretty unfun game for your opposite number

Players
193 posts
460 battles

stock (1-0-1) is still the better Bogue config imho, since with a lone Dive Bomber squadron you're not gonna do a whole lot for your team, and you also tend to make for a pretty unfun game for your opposite number

I can assure you that with a stronger fighter plane setup you will do much more for the team, since you can gain control of the airspace, and then eliminate the torps and bomber planes, if anything its the personal score that changes with the more fighters, not the team score.

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

I can assure you that with a stronger fighter plane setup you will do much more for the team, since you can gain control of the airspace, and then eliminate the torps and bomber planes, if anything its the personal score that changes with the more fighters, not the team score.

And the xp/credit income. You basically need 40 plane kills to count as 1 ship kill and considering the amount of CVs and planes at that tier, you cannot achieve that. Therefor the stock setup is the best for Bogue

Players
193 posts
460 battles

its not hard to get 40kills with two fighter squads in the air, i get clear skys very often in CV, for starters, the other setup will often bring in the fighter as protection for two torp planes and a bomber, in many of my games, and whilst taking out the fighters often allows a few of those planes to drop i can also often take out the whole lot on the way home, thats 20planes there...

now on a two CV vs two CV game, if everyone had the 2fighter setups, then its more of a wastage i guess, since if i bring two fighters and the other brings 1fighter squad, the 3 will take down almost any single squadron fast!!

and if your team is not getting sunk, they more chance of winning meaning the XP is higher ratio

by far the biggest tactic, or annoyance, depending how you look at things, for a CV pilot, is when both pilots understand the importance of having the shiops below the fight on your team for the extra AA support. and if your only flying a single fighter squadron then you really need to be using that tactic.

Edited by JDredbull

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

its not hard to get 40kills with two fighter squads in the air, i get clear skys very often in CV, for starters, the other setup will often bring in the fighter as protection for two torp planes and a bomber, in many of my games, and whilst taking out the fighters often allows a few of those planes to drop i can also often take out the whole lot on the way home, thats 20planes there...

now on a two CV vs two CV game, if everyont had the 2fighter setups, then its more of a wastage i guess, since if i bring two fighters and the other brings 1fighter squad, the 3 will take down almost any single squadron fast!!

Did you even read what I wrote? How can one get clear sky against another Bogue? Bogue has 27 planes afaik, and Zuiho is close to it as well...

Players
193 posts
460 battles

Nah didnt read what you said, because i understand that the vast majority of the games, will have 4 carriers, and i also speak from plenty of CV experience of late, and was being arrogant in my stance, this all confessed, i assure you the best thing to have as a CV pilot is control of the air via fighter planes. now if you want to risk your team will win, then your personal score is better with less fighters, but thats a risk i prefer not to take myself.

in fact piloting a CV is the only time i play as a team in this game, so i opt for the fighters in light of that, it helps more, much more...

With the extra fighters, i can control the airspace to a degree i can prevent the bombers leaving the airspace of thier own carriers whilst carrying out bombing runs in total safety. the worse case scenario is when at the loading screen you discover your aircraft stats are down on the enemies because thats how important the fighters role is over the bombing role.

clear skies needs 30planes, you have planes on other ships, spotters, etc..

Edited by JDredbull

Players
613 posts
6,393 battles

Did you even read what I wrote? How can one get clear sky against another Bogue? Bogue has 27 planes afaik, and Zuiho is close to it as well...

He is the official forum troll just ignore him just check his post history.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,388 posts
7,746 battles

It's this debate again, where AS guys tell how the game really works... :P

Sign in to follow this