You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Euan_Huzarmy

Warspite on sale - but in a bundle

451 comments in this topic

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,065 battles

Excuse me if this has already been mentioned previously, Nosing around all the sites I stopped off at the Premium Shop and saw the Warspite on offer again, but in a bundle.

warspite_offer.jpg

Just thought best to give you all a heads up. :honoring:

• Cool 6

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,809 battles

I would have never guessed that it would be bundled.......

Wargaming EU........ how predictable....

:sceptic:

• Cool 5

Players
1,011 posts
10,302 battles

To those that have the Warspite, what advantage is this ship in making credits to say an Omaha or a Cleveland? I average about 190k profit with those.

[FAM]
Alpha Tester
2,435 posts
7,140 battles

So ship + port slot without crap would cost 20€

Also, no Blyskavicka reduced bundle because brits and western europeans  are filthy rich as we all know. Lol at those "bonuses" too.

• Cool 2

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,993 posts

In terms of monetary benefits: virtually zero. However: it's the sole British ship, so it allows you to already train British Captains (gain points on them), so you can have a head start in terms of captain skills when the Royal Navy will arrive in WoWS around the fall of 2678.

interesting ship, however it's bundled, so the wallet stays closed. Your loss WG.

• Cool 2

[FAM]
Alpha Tester
2,435 posts
7,140 battles

Pity I won't be able to diferentiate bundle Warspite from non bundle, otherwise I'd be rebuying Hiryuu just for this occasion.

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles

Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V: I don't need more gold, I don't want Premium time.

You can keep your ship game for yourself, WG.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,716 posts

Not what many wanted to see but inevitable unfortunately. We are just going to have to accept that the next 2 offers in this promotion will be bundles, it's called festive bundles after all. I'm betting the last week will be the Tirpitz, not sure what next weeks will be?

Still, better the yesterdays WOT whale hunt with the BTSV at stupid money........again.

It'll be very easy for me to say don't buy it, I've already got it, there are a fair few people who have been eagerly awaiting this being back on sale and I fear that the temptation will be too much for em and I can't blame them. Shame, I can't see the first bundle having gone down very well, this probably will though. Changing WG's attitude to this isn't going to work as long as the masses open the wallet.

Edited by Aldramelech

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

Oh wow! Just what i need!

30 days of premium, 5250 doubloons, 25x consumables!

But, why, oh why did you WG bundled this awesome, unique treasures that i can't buy otherwise with some USELESS SHIP NO ONE WANT?!

Not buying. No way.

That is just a precaution because there are astounding number of totally clueless people lately on forum - except last line, everything was sarcasm.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

But, but, but I want muhself a nice Grand Old Lady darnit..

Why WG, why do you not want my moneyz?

[IDEAL]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
669 posts
2,513 battles

So it's more or less over 7000 doubloons plus the ship.

So. Around 30 euros of bundle things no one asked for and 20 euros of ship. 

Thanks but no thanks.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

We can always ask our friend Christian Lee for advice, he might know how to deal with unwanted bundles :trollface:

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,661 battles

It would seem WG EU will never sell the Warspite again for a reasonable price (or even better, ingame). It's nice to see that we who bought it during Alpha and didn't manage to buy it again are treated fairly.....

[ST-EU]
Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

To those that have the Warspite, what advantage is this ship in making credits to say an Omaha or a Cleveland? I average about 190k profit with those.

You'll probably be earning about 250-300k a game in trollspite... She's got relatively relaxing gameplay compared to other BBs, and you get run into some rather sticky situations and still get out alive. It's not a bad ship tbh, and can be worth buying in certain instances.

Players
3 posts
7,759 battles

50 Euro ? No thanks... 

Unfortunately, enough people will buy it, so they will just go on with these bundles...

I would have buy it without a bundle or with a reasonable bundle.  More than the value of the ship in flags, dooblons, etc is too much.

[ROY]
Players
61 posts
8,608 battles

I had the "chance" to buy it alone a few months ago, like you still can do on other servers...

I realy start to think i won't buy anymore premium ships there! I have the Tirpitz (good but not so as you always face tier 9-10 BB)but i expect a bundle around 70-80€ for the next time it will be sold when i see a 50€ for a tier VI Warspite.

I was waiting for Nikolai and Tone, but price are becoming crazy for every premium.

WG does not trust their customers. I buy doublons and premium time when i need and premium ship if i want. but we are always forced to buy more than what we want with premium ships..

Anyway they prefer to sell it to people who don't count their money too much than to sell to everybody. But almost everyone could buy Mikasa... great deal maybe?

The more people complain about bundles the more they sell them at an expensive price.

Edited by Krucoz

Beta Tester
1,716 posts

It seems fairly clear that WG are deliberately building a stable of "event" ships that they will use to create hype in order to fleece new players, this seems to be a standard company wide practice now and similar to WOT, looking at that stupid BTSV deal yesterday. These deals are not aimed at the established playerbase but at the newish player who's been in games and seen vets playing these ships and desperately wants what you have. Now this sales tactic probably works quite well in WOT as it's player turnover can handle it (making the assumption that WOT gains as many players as it looses in a year). I think it's questionable whether WOWS has that ability, we don't seem to be replacing those initial interest players that came in and went again and it's questionable that the player base is growing at all.

Only very poor sales figures will prompt a change and for that we'll have to wait and see.

Players
3 posts
7,759 battles

It seems fairly clear that WG are deliberately building a stable of "event" ships that they will use to create hype in order to fleece new players, this seems to be a standard company wide practice now and similar to WOT, looking at that stupid BTSV deal yesterday. These deals are not aimed at the established playerbase but at the newish player who's been in games and seen vets playing these ships and desperately wants what you have. Now this sales tactic probably works quite well in WOT as it's player turnover can handle it (making the assumption that WOT gains as many players as it looses in a year). I think it's questionable whether WOWS has that ability, we don't seem to be replacing those initial interest players that came in and went again and it's questionable that the player base is growing at all.

Only very poor sales figures will prompt a change and for that we'll have to wait and see.

Check for yourself :

http://www.vbaddict.net/servers/world-of-warships/

Weekend Tester
284 posts
12,477 battles

Stronk logic : "Not many people are buying our bundles, what shall we do?"  "Throw in more worthless crap and charge them more - that's bound to work!"