Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Zeromancer_

Question, Spotting aircraft and catapult fighter

5 comments in this topic

Players
169 posts
1,038 battles

The spotting aircraft increases your fire range. But does it actaully increase your spotting range i.e. the range you can spot/see enemies as the description says?

And does the catapult fighter do the same (spot, not fire range)?

Edit, typo

Edited by _Zeromancer_

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

There is no such thing as spotting range. Every ship has its DETECTION range and you cannot detect him above that range (except all the things like shooting and stuff like that that can make his detection range bigger) and those aircraft give/do exactly as said in description. Spotting aircraft gives you additional range and circles around you and spots the ships if it gets into their detection range while the fighter attacks aircraft around you or circles around you and, same as spotter aircraft, spots ships if it gets into their detection range.

EDIT: In the description of spotter aircraft it doesn't say it increases your "spotting" range and I don't know where you've read it

Edited by Troublemaker_CRO

Beta Tester
814 posts
13,538 battles

"Spotting range" doesn't exist in this game. There is only detection range, which informs you how far away your ship has to be from the enemy ships and aircraft to stay undetected.

Your spotter or floatfighter planes will not increase your spotting range (because there isn't any) but they (not you) might spot a sneaky DD or enemy ship that is hiding behind an island if they fly over them.

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/14258-basics-spotting-mechanics/#topmost

edit: damn you Trouble beating me to every thread -.-

Players
169 posts
1,038 battles

There is no such thing as spotting range. Every ship has its DETECTION range and you cannot detect him above that range (except all the things like shooting and stuff like that that can make his detection range bigger) and those aircraft give/do exactly as said in description. Spotting aircraft gives you additional range and circles around you and spots the ships if it gets into their detection range while the fighter attacks aircraft around you or circles around you and, same as spotter aircraft, spots ships if it gets into their detection range.

EDIT: In the description of spotter aircraft it doesn't say it increases your "spotting" range and I don't know where you've read it

By description I meant "spotting aircraft".

Anyways, thanks. I guess I should just PM you when ever I need questions answered in the future, since you do a good job with it. :great:

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

By description I meant "spotting aircraft".

Anyways, thanks. I guess I should just PM you when ever I need questions answered in the future, since you do a good job with it. :great:

Feel free to, its not a problem for me to help :)

Sign in to follow this