Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cmd_Jonzen

Countering teamkilling and friendly fire

49 comments in this topic

Players
19 posts
8,529 battles

I propose a battle buddy medal like in WoT only you also get something of value for each medal , like 2-3 EXPflags

And a bigger bonus for every 3 medals like 1 or 2 mill credits. A battlebuddy takes 50 games with no friendly fire to earn.

• Cool 3

Players
42 posts
1,116 battles

50 games? That's goddamn crazy 50 games without a teamkill maybe but the chances of not having a cruiser plow into you while zoomed in binoculars or get in the way of the drunk secondary gunners is very low. The main brunt of unintended teamdamage comes from very poorly launched torpedos, I think if somebody manages to land more torpedoes on allies than on enemies in several games they should get rubber torpedoes in pvp matches for a while unless they successfully practice a bit in coop. I don't think people intentionally teamkilling particularly care about their xp gain and just need banning.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

50 times 20 minutes is a long time to not accidentally hit a friendly once, but I like the Battle Buddy award in WoT so something comparable for WoWs would get my vote. 

[DSW]
Players
3,792 posts
7,737 battles

should be pretty easy to keep ramming damage out of it right? or maybe use actual damage done as a metric, as long as that's below say 250 you're fine...

Beta Tester
814 posts
13,599 battles

This wouldn't counter team damage because normal people don't do team damage anyway (except accidental). Assholes do it on purpose and they don't care about rewards for not doing it.

Very harsh punishments are the only way.

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
6,477 battles

I understand your urge to discuss what currently is the most pertinent problem with this game, but the topic is taboo.

Only MOD knows how long will it take to close this thread...

See

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/38190-what-to-do-with-teamkillers/

and

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/37954-jfc-when-are-you-going-to-ban-these-effing-intentional-tk/

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

I understand your urge to discuss what currently is the most pertinent problem with this game, but the topic is taboo.

Only MOD knows how long will it take to close this thread...

See

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/38190-what-to-do-with-teamkillers/

and

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/37954-jfc-when-are-you-going-to-ban-these-effing-intentional-tk/

Your negativity is reaching new heights, how about seeing this thread as a proposal for a Battle Buddy award in WoWs? That seems like a perfectly valid thread subject..

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

50 times 20 minutes is a long time to not accidentally hit a friendly once, but I like the Battle Buddy award in WoT so something comparable for WoWs would get my vote. 

In case of torps it's very easy to avoid hitting friendlies even lot longer than that.

It's just question of discipline and correct positioning.

For non-secondary gunfire it would be definitely doable.

Especially for those suborbital trajectory USN guns, like 127mm or 152mm.

For 130mm's flat trajectory it's lot harder to avoid, even when shooting farther target.

I think if somebody manages to land more torpedoes on allies than on enemies in several games they should get rubber torpedoes in pvp matches for a while

One ship demotion in ship progress/research would work better than "patting on the back".

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
6,477 battles

Your negativity is reaching new heights, how about seeing this thread as a proposal for a Battle Buddy award in WoWs? That seems like a perfectly valid thread subject..

You suggest rewarding people for not teamkilling, instead of punishing them for teamkilling? Sorry, but I don't follow this logic.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

You suggest rewarding people for not teamkilling, instead of punishing them for teamkilling? Sorry, but I don't follow this logic.

I would rather do both then just one, you wouldn't?

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
6,477 battles

I would rather do both then just one, you wouldn't?

Perhaps, but in the right order... first get rid of the bums, than make sure new bums stay away. No?

Footnote: "bum" is a placeholder for a much stronger word that I can't use here.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Seeing how hard it is to tune the team damage monitoring system, and knowing to a greater detail then most how it actually works, I have to support both attempts at the same time as hoping for one of the two to do the job on it's own is false hope at best. Even both systems, implemented as well as can be expected knowing the limitations of the automated system, will not stop team damage/kills in it's entirety. That alone would be enough incentive for something like a Battle Buddy medal in WoWs, to promote and reward those players who take extra precautions not to hit any friendlies. 

Beta Tester
1,979 posts
2,159 battles

I agree with OP and mtm78 in that a Battle Buddy medal would probably be a good thing to have i WoWs as well.

Punishing intentional team killing is important, but the Battle Buddy medal does not, in my opinion, have so much to do with that. Those players who intentionally ruin the game by team killing wouldn't stop doing this in the hope of winning a  medal.

No, the Battle Buddy medal is, as I see it, a reward for those players who are consistently extra careful not to risk damage to their team members - such as by not shooting when a friendly is anywhere near the line of fire, or driving carefully around rather than risk a collision, for instance. I think it's well advised to have a game mechanic that acknowledges that careful gameplay is good for everyone.

Edited by Procrastes

Beta Tester
26 posts
2,973 battles

Hello everyone, 

I just need to have your opinion :

I was playing my Fuso and some seconds after beginning battle, our New Mexico began to shoot at me.

I riposted and with help of rest of our team we killed him but some of us got the penalty to shoot on ally and became "pink" players.

So if I understand well, an ally try to sink you at beginning of battle, you just have to wait him to kill you without responding ???

Elleriel.

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

Basically yeah...

I was in a similar situation where an Omaha that already made 1 teamkill went after me in my Fuso, I fired back, became pink. He ended up kill me, which means he made 2 teamkills and didn't even become pink.

And when you become pink, there is always a risk that you will get killed by a teammate in next few battles so I say the best thing to do is just wait for him to kill you.

Long story short, the TK punishment system sucks.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,345 posts
14,955 battles

Do nothing till he turns Pink!!! If you die chalk it up, drink whisky drop out to port pick another ship and start a new battle!!!  Intentional Blue on Blue douse not happen that often in game..  

Many of this type of player are trolling you! shoot you once or twice and smile when you go pink by retaiating

Edited by T0byJug
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,979 posts
2,159 battles

What's the colour code for team killing in WoWs, anyway? I know that in WoT it's allowed to shoot back when the offender has turned blue, but I've never seen anyone turned blue in WoT. But there was a pink ship in our team in a battle the other day, and another ally promptly sank him...

Edited by Procrastes

Beta Tester
1,520 posts
1,475 battles

Do nothing till he turns Pink!!! If you die chalk it up, drink whisky drop out to port pick another ship and start a new battle!!!  Intentional Blue on Blue douse not happen that often in game..  

Many of this type of player are trolling you! shoot you once or twice and smile when you go pink by retaiating

Even if he turns pink do nothing. There is no free pink kill in this games like it is in WoT.

You WILL get flagged yourself even if you kill pink friendlies.

[PMI]
Players
2,376 posts
5,580 battles
[edited]
Edited by BigBadVuk
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.

Beta Tester
1,520 posts
1,475 battles

[edited]

A pink player will get damaged himself if he damages more friendlies. The full damage will be reflected on him too, if he still does more teamdamage.
Edited by BigBadVuk

[NL-UK]
Beta Tester
135 posts
7,503 battles

[edited]

Edited by BigBadVuk
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,979 posts
2,159 battles

Even if he turns pink do nothing. There is no free pink kill in this games like it is in WoT.

You WILL get flagged yourself even if you kill pink friendlies.

A pink player will get damaged himself if he damages more friendlies. The full damage will be reflected on him too, if he still does more teamdamage.

I did not know this; thaks for telling me!

I'd say this system makes sense since it is far easier to unintentionally damage an ally in WoWs, than it is in WoT. On account of the whole torpedo thing, if nothing else.

Can someone go from pink to blue in WoWs?

Edited by Procrastes

[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
4,328 battles

Do nothing even if he turns pink!

I had a "duel" between a already pink Myoko and an Atago on my team once. The Atago started shooting the pink Myoko and after a while turned pink itself. The Myoko immediately responded in kind. In the end, the Myoko sank the Atago and with sinking the Atago he also sank himself from the return damage penalty.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

I did not know this; thaks for telling me!

I'd say this system makes sense since it is far easier to unintentionally damage an ally in WoWs, than it is in WoT. On account of the whole torpedo thing, if nothing else.

Can someone go from pink to blue in WoWs?

No.

Pink is the only team damage indicator, if someone keeps doing damage to allies this damage will be reflected on himself. 

edit:

And DO NOT SHOOT PINK PLAYERS on your team, you will be eligible for sanctions just as much as he is. 

Edited by mtm78
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this