Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
iTchyfoot

What's with the insults (in RB)?

12 comments in this topic

[BOATY]
Players
181 posts
3,592 battles

i am playing Ranked Battles nowadays, hoping to get the Jolly Roger (would look cool on my ships). having reached rank 6 yesterday it can be done (i guess). anyways, what's with the insults in RB? not even a minute into the game, and "noobs" and "idiots" start to flow. somebody decides that "all cap B!!!", and if anyone has a different idea he's immediately branded "idiot" by the "all cap B!!!" strategy creator. trying to hunt down enemy DDs in my Mogami (killing both of them in the process) i am advised (by our BB, that hangs back, tries to "snipe" from 20+ kms, and, of course, does next to zero damage to enemy ships) that i should go play Tetris, because i am a noob. what's most annoying is the fact that all those "noobs" are thrown in by players, who'd better shut the f**k up, because they don't do (nearly) anything apart from insulting others. i know that everybody wants to reach Rank 1 ASAP, but i guess they don't realise they could do it faster by playing as a team, not trying to be the smartest of all the smartasses out there..

it pi**es me off..

• Cool 1

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,195 posts
5,529 battles

In RB, the team only has 7 ships, if one decides to go solo, even if he is a pro player, he will most often be outnumbered and die, putting the rest of the team in bad situation.

If you want to try another strategy, post it in the chat. The team only has a handful of seconds to decide so most often the first tactic wins !!

• Cool 1

[-TWA-]
Beta Tester
134 posts
12,392 battles

Sometimes it's hard not to show any frustration is a ranked match, which are supposed to be much more competitive than random battles.

It's especially frustrating when you see players getting pumped into the highest MM bracket that obviously do not belong there (yet).

Imagine someone taking a stock(!) Nagato into a such a rank 5 match, with the "excuse" that he needs to get the rank 3 credit reward to afford an Amagi.:(

Lately I start every match with kindly asking my cruisers to NOT show their broadside to enemy BBs, because that is a skill that surprisingly many players have not learned until rank 5.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,195 posts
5,529 battles

Lately I start every match with kindly asking my cruisers to NOT show their broadside to enemy BBs, because that is a skill that surprisingly many players have not learned until rank 5.

Lol !!

I'm only at rank 11, but in almost every RB match, I have to ask to my BBs to get closer to the fight, because they all try to stay  at maximum range ...

Beta Tester
306 posts
3,699 battles

I had someone having a go because i was fighting a new mexico, and was angling armour while sailing away..... Needless to say i killed the New mexico in my Warspite, defended our base and won the match. Peoples egos take hold and they think they are good.....

Funny thing was this was at rank 15 haha (only started RB) god help rank 10 !

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,582 posts
10,292 battles

Truly amazes me the number of solo playing braindead freaks in ranked battles. Dropping from rank 2 today to rank 4 can only be described as frustrating, anger inducing and a complete screwup. I play my heart out only to see knuckledragging windowlickers going off to die within minutes, playing solo. The more you ask people to focus fire and stick together the more they don't do it, and believe me some of us ask very nicely and they still rush off like oxygen thieving morons. One guy suicided from the start, we asked him not to and he simply steered into the enemy fleet.

So insult the morons, yes, after they act like morons. If they don't like it they can go play with bots in pve battles or grow up and use that brain of theirs just for once.

I'm seriously just about to give up now, it's not worth it anymore, there's no control, relies so much on the luck of the draw as to which team you get and lately my luck has been very bad. Won't take the chance anymore. There is no way in hell that ranked battles are indicative of any form of skill. It's total luck. Whether I am the constant in every battle or not, the rest of the players aren't constants, and this is the issue I have. Screw trying to remain positive.

In summary, f&*k it.

[BGNAV]
Beta Tester
452 posts
8,129 battles

i am playing Ranked Battles nowadays, hoping to get the Jolly Roger (would look cool on my ships). having reached rank 6 yesterday it can be done (i guess). anyways, what's with the insults in RB? not even a minute into the game, and "noobs" and "idiots" start to flow. somebody decides that "all cap B!!!", and if anyone has a different idea he's immediately branded "idiot" by the "all cap B!!!" strategy creator. trying to hunt down enemy DDs in my Mogami (killing both of them in the process) i am advised (by our BB, that hangs back, tries to "snipe" from 20+ kms, and, of course, does next to zero damage to enemy ships) that i should go play Tetris, because i am a noob. what's most annoying is the fact that all those "noobs" are thrown in by players, who'd better shut the f**k up, because they don't do (nearly) anything apart from insulting others. i know that everybody wants to reach Rank 1 ASAP, but i guess they don't realise they could do it faster by playing as a team, not trying to be the smartest of all the smartasses out there..

it pi**es me off..

You describe 1 situation only in which case your solo ninja action worked out. 

Most times when someone writes allready at the beginning "idiot" and "noob" than there is most often a reason behind that, easy as that.

You are 7 ships only in ranked, losing 1 at beginning is a big handicap that rarely can turn, again easy as that.

When the majority of the team agrees to some tactic but some solo warriors sacrife obviously their ships right after spawn than it is hard not to call them somethinig.

You know, a good player most times forsees whats coming and happening mostly ..... 

The team that sticks together with a common tactic and strategy has the biggest chance to win, again easy as that.

Of course there might be as well noobs that call others noobs, just normally, but often in ranked battles that idiot at start has its reason, at least that is my experience so far.

For me the most annoying part is what ships some players choose. Sometimes when you see an Atlanta, Blyskavica, Colorado, Pensacola or Yorck in the team while the enemy has only tier 8s i asked myself how they got even that far with these ships ......

Supertest Coordinator
6,337 posts
4,337 battles

Insulting people at any time isn't clever or a good thing. Why use that tone? If someone plays badly in your opinion it might be helpful to give out some free advice, in a positive way. Being insulting in chat just shows that:

- you are taking the game to seriously

- you've lost emotional control

In addition it makes insulting people more "normal" allowing others to do it aswell.

It's toxic and you should never rise to it. However some people have poor emotional intelligence and you'll always get abusers in chat. You have to deal with it. Just don't add to it.

[BOATY]
Players
181 posts
3,592 battles

You describe 1 situation only in which case your solo ninja action worked out. 

Most times when someone writes allready at the beginning "idiot" and "noob" than there is most often a reason behind that, easy as that...

- it wasn't "my ninja action". in fact, it was 5 of us trying to cap A (and prevent the enemy team from doing the same), and two others, who decided that they knew better, and went to B to get annihilated, after which they felt the need to teach us a bit about tactics.

- yes, mostly there is a reason, but i guess it's just the need to insult people..

Sign in to follow this