Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Elegant1337_

5-6 dd´s in each team.. gj wg

182 comments in this topic

[CR33D]
Players
3,028 posts
15,514 battles

If it is ruined, it was not good battle. If I have a good battle, it does not matter if I lose.

Btw we didnt lose it. Ruined doesnt mean that i played bad or good or its difficult or easy. Its means not fun to play for most of the people who are in the battle.

[CATS]
Players
15,962 posts
11,203 battles

How do your know how much fun the eleven other people in your team have?

If you do not have fun even with a victory and a good personal result, than that is your problem!

As I said: check your perception of things! Be more self-aware!

[CR33D]
Players
3,028 posts
15,514 battles

How do your know how much fun the eleven other people in your team have?

If you do not have fun even with a victory and a good personal result, than that is your problem!

As I said: check your perception of things! Be more self-aware!

Well did you hear about voicechat or teamspeak or mumble? 2 of them were my div mates and the other were complaining about MM at the beginning. Comments like "Drunk MM, f.cking MM, Holly crap"
Edited by ghostbuster_

[CATS]
Players
15,962 posts
11,203 battles

That is two.

Complaining about MM? That is pretty normal at the beginning of a match and is done on both sides. That does not mean how much fun one has.

[CR33D]
Players
3,028 posts
15,514 battles

That is two.

Complaining about MM? That is pretty normal at the beginning of a match and is done on both sides. That does not mean how much fun one has.

About the that number of dds; what should people complain about? Of course they will complain about MM to show their displeasure about the amount of dds. And i am really bored of that conversation. If you play high tier battles yourself, you can see what i mean. And if you find that kind of battles rare after playing high tiers you can always pm me from the game. I can even give you a mumble channel to discuss. 
Edited by ghostbuster_

[CR33D]
Players
3,028 posts
15,514 battles

and maybe someone who plays high tier regularly could share his opinion  with us.

Edited by ghostbuster_

[NWNC]
Players
46 posts
14,070 battles

Indeed...

Something has to be done. I was just in a Tier 9 game with 6 DDs in the enemy team and 5 in ours. The only thing you can do in a BB in such a game is trying to avoid torps.

On top of that they had a CV with the strike package. A MM setup like that kills all the fun for everybody. "Teamplay" someone said...uhhh?? WELL THATS A JOKE...we had 1 Atlanta who where suposed to defend 1 CV and 5 BBs.

Add to that that u can´t see them. Now a Days they drop smoke cut speed to 3/4 and spam torps and Shells at you. How the F--- do you counter that..

If I´m left alone with a Gering DD he can spam me to Death and I can do crapabout it..

Btw smoke screens, in REAL Life, where only used as a defensive measure. To escape and withdraw. How the F--K can u see and hit target while in a smoke/ fog???? Enemy can´t see you but you sure as hell can´t see them either...

[CATS]
Players
15,962 posts
11,203 battles

How the F--- do you counter that..

Sounds like a learn to play issue.

Btw. if you are left alone in a BB with a DD and you get sunk, then this is normal. That is how the game is designed. The DD is the BBs counter class.

Players
1,438 posts

Indeed...

Something has to be done. I was just in a Tier 9 game with 6 DDs in the enemy team and 5 in ours. The only thing you can do in a BB in such a game is trying to avoid torps.

On top of that they had a CV with the strike package. A MM setup like that kills all the fun for everybody. "Teamplay" someone said...uhhh?? WELL THATS A JOKE...we had 1 Atlanta who where suposed to defend 1 CV and 5 BBs.

Add to that that u can´t see them. Now a Days they drop smoke cut speed to 3/4 and spam torps and Shells at you. How the F--- do you counter that..

If I´m left alone with a Gering DD he can spam me to Death and I can do crapabout it..

Btw smoke screens, in REAL Life, where only used as a defensive measure. To escape and withdraw. How the F--K can u see and hit target while in a smoke/ fog???? Enemy can´t see you but you sure as hell can´t see them either...

Ok, 'The only thing a BB can do' comment highlights exactly what I've been saying - BBs have always had enough visable ships that were slow enough to hit; satisfying I'm sure. Now introduce an enemy you can't see, BOOM! Cry foul. DDs have been dealing with getting lit up by numerous DDs/Spotter ac/CV ac and then wailed on by BBs out of vision. Well now BBs join the club and stop moaning and learn to deal with this new dynamic.

I have had several games as an IJN DD where I can do nothing because of all the things mentioned above. I hate those games BUT they do not happen all the time and I find a role of trying to counter pushes or helping friendly ships who are outnumbered. I would far rather be causing damage (as I am sure you would), but that is the way it goes.

Maybe you can support your DDs when they highlight one of the many DDs you discuss.:honoring:

Edit: Sorry a BB giving support, what was I thinking!

Players
122 posts
3,591 battles

Such a beautiful topic. Reading all those BB's cries is so entertaining :) I wonder what problem they'll have next? Wator too wet? Sun too bright? I think there should be separate game mode only for BB's. 12 BB';s a side schooting at each other from >20km. No CV's, no DD's, just go straight and pew pew all the way.

Edited by vortenus

Players
1,438 posts

Ahhh but then certain BBs will be complained about for being too OP! Then one day after all the complaints are listened to and all the BBs are made exactly the same; the complaints about half of the players using cheats will be rolled out! :D

[CR33D]
Players
3,028 posts
15,514 battles

How the F--K can u see and hit target while in a smoke/ fog???? Enemy can´t see you but you sure as hell can´t see them either...

They cant see you while they are in smoke. You are spotted by another enemy ship. So if you are spotted by any enemy ship, everyone on enemy team is able to see you.

And btw only a really bad CA player would cries and says "BBs are OP!" If you are a decent player you can not get killed by a bb. Nobody says here that any ship kind is OP. Its the sh*t MM what people complaining about.

[JUNK]
Players
849 posts
9,762 battles

I don't remember cruiser players being treated like this, when they were complaining about 7-8 BBs per side when Tirpitz was released. It seems people disregard actual problems of the game, for example, too many of one class (either BBs or DDs), and just throw a response based on a stereotype ("BB mafia").

BB players are a lot because a lot of them came to WoWs for that reason exactly, captaining a BB. The majority of them are notoriously bad at dodging torps/having situational awareness/everything. Some take it to the forums with ridiculous arguments like "DD disappeared at 3 kms". So then, people get their best close-minded thinking going and reach the conclusion that "Since some BB players are complaining about ridiculous issues, then they all must do it! They can't possibly have any valid arguments". That is just my take on it.

Edited by Gunship14

Players
27 posts

U cant play in division with Carriers but u can with DD :/

Was in a battle there it was 80% DD in enemy team we had ZERO in our..We won :D

As soon their smoke screen went of they died fast :teethhappy:

Players
122 posts
3,591 battles

If you are a decent player you can not get killed by a bb. 

Whait, what? Are You talking about CA's here?

I don't remember cruiser players being treated like this, when they were complaining about 7-8 BBs per side when Tirpitz was released. It seems people disregard actual problems of the game, for example, too many of one class (either BBs or DDs), and just throw a response based on a stereotype ("BB mafia").

I wouldnt compare those 2 situatios. Thing is 5-6 DD's a side can sill counter each other. Sinking, spotting, sailing in front of BB's to spot torps etc. But it requires "teamplay" and we all know that there's not much of that around. In the times of World of Tirpitzes when You fired a salvo from CA You were instantly focused by 3-4 BB's and that was it. It was like seal clubbing. 

"Since some BB players are complaining about ridiculous issues, then they all must do it! They can't possibly have any valid arguments". 

But You have to admit they brought that on themselves. Constant whining, crying and blaming everything but them made arguments from people who may actually have some point being ignored.

Personally I think the biggest problem of MM is not too much same classes per side but not distributing them equally. My latest game: 6 tiers 10, Yamato, Montana, 2x Des, 2x Shimakaze. Good thing MM splitted Des, but putting 1 BB and 1 DD a side was too much so one team had 2 Shimmys and the other BB's.

Edited by vortenus

[CR33D]
Players
3,028 posts
15,514 battles

Whait, what? Are You talking about CA's here?

Yes i was talking about CAs why? But wait if CA fights agains one BB. If its focused by many bbs is it not normal to get killed? Well its the exact same situation. Too many from one ship kind breaks the game.

Players
122 posts
3,591 battles

So basically what You're saying is that You can't sink lonely CA in Your Yamato "one on one". Alrighty then. 

But wait. What if solo Ca is spotted by solo BB and he starts running away? Yeah, he can survive. I'm starting to see logic in this.

Players
1,438 posts

Lol, what are you on about Ghostbuster!

Too many of one ship is the exact situation as being fired upon by many ships? Rubbish; you can be fired on by many DIFFERENT ships and still die. You have still failed to make a valid arguement as to why to many of one ship is bad. All I see is that it restricts the amount of targets a BB has to shoot at when those ships are DDs.

[JUNK]
Players
849 posts
9,762 battles

But You have to admit they brought that on themselves. Constant whining, crying and blaming everything but them made arguments from people who may actually have some point being ignored.

While I agree with the rest of what you said (equal distirbution of DDs in each team), I have to ask, are you being serious with this? "They brought that on themselves", when talking about a rather large group, is what you'd hear an uneducated person say about minorities. And the people constantly whining are indeed the minority here. I fail to see how justifying stereotypes - even if in the context of a video game forum - makes any sense/is acceptable.

Edited by Gunship14

[JUNK]
Players
849 posts
9,762 battles

Lol, what are you on about Ghostbuster!

Too many of one ship is the exact situation as being fired upon by many ships? Rubbish; you can be fired on by many DIFFERENT ships and still die. You have still failed to make a valid arguement as to why to many of one ship is bad. All I see is that it restricts the amount of targets a BB has to shoot at when those ships are DDs.

All that too many BBs does is restrict the amount of targets a cruiser has to shoot at. Do you agree with that statement?

Edited by Gunship14

Players
122 posts
3,591 battles

While I agree with the rest of what you said (equal distirbution of DDs in each team), I have to ask, are you being serious with this? "They brought that on themselves", when talking about a rather large group, is what you'd hear an uneducated person say about minorities. And the people constantly whining are indeed the minority here. I fail to see how justifying stereotypes - even if in the context of a video game forum - makes any sense/is acceptable.

Alright, maybe I used the wrong words there.Yes, You're right the crybabies are minority (although if You consider this forum I'd say they're rather large majority). But they're really, really loud minority. They are the ones that come to whine on forum and it makes the group as a whole look... well like whining a-holes. I have no doubt that theres a lot of reasonable BB captains who can present some argument and carry out some valid discussion but it looks like they're as hard to find as virgin in high school.
  • Cool 1

Players
1,438 posts

Gunship14: Agree? I don't understand (lost in translation, sorry).

Ghostbuster stated being shot by many ships is exactly like having too many DDs. I stated you can be shot many times, by many ships; they don't have to be DDs. Therefore his comparison did not make sense. Willing to hear your take on it.:)

As for the ' they brought that on themselves' comment, yes I do agree with Vortenus's statement. As it refers to those on this site that have complained by over-exaggerating their point. I have heard Ghostbuster come up with many scenarios to try and answer a question posed. Yet each time his story has changed.

Edit: here is an example I posted earlier in the thread after he changed his story again:

In a couple of threads it has changed from too many DDs, to 45+ torpedo walls, to not enough CVs, to IJN DDs hiding, to DDs capping, oh and other DDs not spotting! (I mean come on, 10-14 DDs in a game and neither sides DDs see each other resulting in the enemy DDs slipping through, lining up to fire a wall of 45+ torpedoes at him :sceptic:) . AND the MM is crap (but only at high levels). I'm going to bed :D that man deserves a medal, thank you :medal:

Edited by Zathras_Grimm

[JUNK]
Players
849 posts
9,762 battles

Alright, maybe I used the wrong words there.Yes, You're right the crybabies are minority (although if You consider this forum I'd say they're rather large majority). But they're really, really loud minority. They are the ones that come to whine on forum and it makes the group as a whole look... well like whining a-holes. I have no doubt that theres a lot of reasonable BB captains who can present some argument and carry out some valid discussion but it looks like they're as hard to find as virgin in high school.

It bothered me more because I consider myself a BB captain. Actually, just today, I reached the last grindable BB, the Yamato, and I'm now patiently awaiting for german BBs (which are taking their sweet time XD). All I'm asking is that people stop going "oh he has played mostly BBs... opinion invalid!". Many DDs per side have various effects on how the battle plays out. For example, people ask for BBs to push and soak up some damage while their cruisers support them. Well, any reasonable BB captain is not gonna be pushing if the enemy team has 6 DDs, and is gonna stay back a lot more. If we are to accept multiple DDs, there needs to be some rebalancing, for example, on the distirbution, as you stated yourself. In the current state of the game, this is a problem.

Gunship14: Agree? I don't understand (lost in translation, sorry).

Ghostbuster stated being shot by many ships is exactly like having too many DDs. I stated you can be shot many times, by many ships; they don't have to be DDs. Therefore his comparison did not make sense. Willing to hear your take on it.:)

As for the ' they brought that on themselves' comment, yes I do agree with Vortenus's statement. As it refers to those on this site that have complained by over-exaggerating their point. I have heard Ghostbuster come up with many scenarios to try and answer a question posed. Yet each time his story has changed.

You said that many DDs = BBs can shoot at less targets, implying that's the only consequence, and it shouldn't be a big problem for BBs. What I said is this : going by that logic, many BBs (which also happens sometimes) = fewer targets for cruisers to shoot at (which would be other cruisers and DDs). If the first case is acceptable, then surely the 2nd is as well?

Players
4,369 posts
7,762 battles

You said that many DDs = BBs can shoot at less targets, implying that's the only consequence, and it shouldn't be a big problem for BBs. What I said is this : going by that logic, many BBs (which also happens sometimes) = fewer targets for cruisers to shoot at (which would be other cruisers and DDs). If the first case is acceptable, then surely the 2nd is as well?

Don't forget battleships force cruiser guys to stand back and/or cease fire to don't get shot. If BBs play their 20km standoffs, cruisers have to get <15km to have at least some hit chance against destroyers and cruisers, thus making them likely target for random BB scrub

My usual Baltimore battle is like "wait for BB guys to finish each other, hopefully winning for our side while sailing back and forth in boredom, maybe taking random pot shots for low 4 digit damage or knocking some planes down while watching every BB possible to avoid receiving random citadel shot from random BB". DD hunt is nope, for cruiser fights I have to get close and shells are too slow to reliably hit past 14km

Edited by Panocek

[JUNK]
Players
849 posts
9,762 battles

Don't forget battleships force cruiser guys to stand back and/or cease fire to don't get shot. If BBs play their 20km standoffs, cruisers have to get <15km to have at least some hit chance against destroyers and cruisers, thus making them likely target for random BB scrub

And BBs have to stand back if there are a lot of destroyers, lest they get torped to death or ambushed. That is not the point though, the point is, both BB-heavy and DD-heavy games are badly balanced. Yes, in both cases they kind of cancel each other out, but it is a pain for the remaining class (excluding CVs), CAs and BBs respectively.

Sign in to follow this