Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Elegant1337_

5-6 dd´s in each team.. gj wg

182 comments in this topic

[TCG]
Players
39 posts
7,403 battles

I just do not want to play my tier 10 bb because of this. I felt like the aim of the game is just dodge the torpidos and survive! 

zly1kg.jpg 

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
Beta Tester
172 posts
13,372 battles

so Match making occasionally puts  5+ DD per team in a battle Very occasionally !! So what... to get an Average of 10  DD a battle in 520684 ships would need 41% of players bringing  DDs that 13% more than what % do bring DDs this is a large difference.. you are remembering the odd Battle with 5 or 6 DD per side and blowing out of all proportion.

At the moment approx 1/3 of players play DD/CA/BB with a small amount of CV because of the perceived/Real nerfs to Carriers and the fact that when they limited it to Max 4 CV per battle waiting times for CV increased so players stopped playing. limiting DD would be bad for the game. when the average DDs played per battle gets to 8 or 9 then maybe there will be an issue but at the moment the average DD approx 28% or 6,7 DD per battle.  

Lets look at some other stats from that page! Average DD damage is Half that or a BB and they are serviving  less than a BB as well. BB/CVs are the match winners. you remember the DD because 1 or 2 of them in a match manage a devastating strike. But the most manage a lot lot less. The main match winning DD´s do know is capping not Damage dealing. About the only MM fix i think they need to do is make the DD spread more equal for both teams!! In a capping heavy match giving 1 team 2 DD and the other team 5 gives the DD heavy team a huge  advantage.

it is not very occasionally ,I can easily say 7 out of 10 matches half of the teams are DDs at T10 battles

• Cool 3

[CR33D]
Players
3,042 posts
15,536 battles

it is not very occasionally ,I can easily say 7 out of 10 matches half of the teams are DDs at T10 battles

He doesnt get it dont try to explain mate.

Players
1,015 posts
4,182 battles

Most likely due to CV nerfs, I can't remember seeing any CVs last night. Played mostly with my New Orleans and almost all games had 4-5 DDs per side. As if Fubukis aren't big enough problem on T8, having 2-3 Shimas per side is a nightmare even for CA. Had a fortune of running into Shima spread of 15 torps and with their IIRC 67 kts speed, even with my torpedo vigilance skill, unless you were correctly orientated when you spotted them there is little chance of evading them. At best you will get struck by one that does insane damage on its own.

@ WG: Un-nerf CVs since they weren't OP anyway, and limit the number of certain types that can influence gameplay the most. That being DDs and BBs. The only class that should be unlimited per MM are CA/CL IMHO. Especially at higher tiers.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,508 posts
15,439 battles

Done some number crunching from take from

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20151205/eu_week/average_ship.html

Dates 29/11 to 05/12

Book1.jpg

Tier 8-10 DD make up 26% of ships brought to battle

Tier 9-10 DD make up 36% of ships brought to battle

In a tier 10 game only 41% of ships are DD (yes the most are tier 10 Jap DD)

if we ignore tier 8 and say only tier 9 and 10 ships see tier ten games (obvialsy very wrong) we have an average of  8.6 DD per game Just above 1/3 of total ships brought to battle.  To get half the team DD half the time so 12 DD per battle you would need 50% of ships brought battle to be DD. Not even Tier 10  alone is close to that percentage  so sorry 7 out of 10 battles is just not Likely. 

Note of tier 8-10 ships brought to battle tier 8 make up 76% of ships so i think its safe to say teir 10 matches are almost always heavy on the tier 8 ships even though Tier 8 can be matched with tier 6 and 7... 

Tier 10 ships make up 7% of the ships that can be placed in a tier 10 match

Edited by T0byJug

[CATS]
Players
15,981 posts
11,217 battles

Do your eyes lie? 

Sometimes.

Btw. I can post screenshots with only one DD per side. Single screenshots say nothing. Complete server stats give the whole picture.

[CR33D]
Players
3,042 posts
15,536 battles

Sometimes.

Btw. I can post screenshots with only one DD per side. Single screenshots say nothing. Complete server stats give the whole picture.

So you are saying its ok if there are few battles which are broken? They are not few thou.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,508 posts
15,439 battles

you have some numbers but does it mean that kind of battles does not exist? 

sorry was still editing post! never said they don't happen just not any where close to half the games let alone 7 out of 10 as quoted in this Thread.

And so what if they do happen BB/CA can not always have it there own way.. High tier CA and BB are constantly doing more damage and winning more games than High tier DD

[CATS]
Players
15,981 posts
11,217 battles

So you admit that it happens not every game. That is a start.

Now we have to work on your perception of numbers and what "broken" means.

[CR33D]
Players
3,042 posts
15,536 battles

sorry was still editing post! never said they don't happen just not any where close to half the games let alone 7 out of 10 as quoted in this Thread.

And so what if they do happen BB/CA can not always have it there own way.. High tier CA and BB are constantly doing more damage and winning more games than High tier DD

So just ruin the game to keep them away from victories? Btw u said that you can post some pictures where are only one dds per team. Ok but does having only one dd per team ruin the game? Nope. I play also DDs and i also didnt see any problem yet when im the only dd in my team.

So you admit that it happens not every game. That is a start.

Now we have to work on your perception of numbers and what "broken" means.

Happens a lot. at the evening and night at least 6 battles out of 10 are such battles.

Edited by ghostbuster_

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,508 posts
15,439 battles

So just ruin the game to keep them away from victories? Never said that  You are a very good player looking at you stats. I think like us all you are chasing a win rate. High tier DD's make that a bit more difficult when they are present in larger numbers..  I think this is clouding you judgement! you struggle to get the 200K damage when dodging torps.. you have probably mastered the art of angling to combat Fire from BB and CA unfortunately you cant angle from Torps just manover

Btw u said that you can post some pictures where are only one dds per team. Ok but does having only one dd per team ruin the game? Nope. I play also DDs and i also didnt see any problem yet when im the only dd in my team.  Did I say that?? well I could start some replays and see what i can find but 1 or 2 pics mean nothing! the stats i posted mean much much more

Happens a lot. at the evening and night at least 6 battles out of 10 are such battles. ​The numbers i posted just dont support your statement!! or are you saying DD captains are Vampires and only come out after dark???

Edited by T0byJug

[CR33D]
Players
3,042 posts
15,536 battles

first of all sorry that was not you who said something about screenshots. I would call myself decent player btw. There are much better players than me. And it is not only me who says that it happens a lot. 

Edited by ghostbuster_

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,508 posts
15,439 battles

first of all sorry that was not who said something about screenshots. I would call myself decent player btw. There are much better players than me. And it is not only me who says that it happens a lot. 

Thing is we tend to remember the Bad and the good games! and the bad ones we tend to remember happening more often than they actually did!!  I reckon if you sat down and noted how many DD's are in each game for a week on a peace of paper you would notice it was not happening as much as you think!!  (not for the next few days though as the festive DD mission will probably cause a small spike in DD numbers) :hiding:

[CR33D]
Players
3,042 posts
15,536 battles

Thing is we tend to remember the Bad and the good games! and the bad ones we tend to remember happening more often than they actually did!!  I reckon if you sat down and noted how many DD's are in each game for a week on a peace of paper you would notice it was not happening as much as you think!!  (not for the next few days though as the festive DD mission will probably cause a small spike in DD numbers) :hiding:

Yeah but not all of them were bad games for me thou. I had a very good game yesterday. more than 200k damage and some kills. there were also too many dds and the battle was still ruined.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,508 posts
15,439 battles

Yeah but not all of them were bad games for me thou. I had a very good game yesterday. more than 200k damage and some kills. there were also too many dds and the battle was still ruined.

Im rely starting to get the impression you are using the wrong word!! Ruined is wrong I think you mean Difficult!! as a Good game and Ruined game do not  go together that well!!!

I don't mean this as an insult!!! Just an observation.

Edited by T0byJug

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

you have some numbers but does it mean that kind of battles does not exist? 

It's about occurrence rate ( or probability there off ).

You do know all you're providing is something called 'anecdotal evidence' right?

Logical%2BFallacy%2B22%2B-%2BAnecdotal.p

[CR33D]
Players
3,042 posts
15,536 battles

Im rely starting to get the impression you are using the wrong word!! Ruined is wrong I think you mean Difficult!! as a Good game and Ruined game do not  go together that well!!!

I don't mean this as an insult!!! Just an observation.

Very good game and still ruined?

That is what I meant that you have to work on your perception of things.

Well what do you expect from a ruined battle? what would be ruined for you? 

[CR33D]
Players
3,042 posts
15,536 battles

It's about occurrence rate ( or probability there off ).

You do know all you're providing is something called 'anecdotal evidence' right?

Again about occurrence rate. Before the CVs got the limitation (max 2 cvs per team), were the battles with more than 2 cv in one team very often? nope. So if a situation ,which ruins the game, accures even one time, it must be fixed. And this is not a rare situation if you play your high tier ship you would see that with your own eyes.

About "anecdotal evidence" There are more than one person who claims that this problem exists. And a guy also shared a screenshot. if  you take a look at that picture its exactly what i have been complaining about. 

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

But it doesn't show a trend, it's anecdotal piece by piece which is my point. The mapplesyrop data is much more telling I think?

[CR33D]
Players
3,042 posts
15,536 battles

But it doesn't show a trend, it's anecdotal piece by piece which is my point. The mapplesyrop data is much more telling I think?

I get what you mean but all of those people are not dreaming about battles with DDs. 

[CATS]
Players
15,981 posts
11,217 battles

Well what do you expect from a ruined battle? what would be ruined for you? 

If it is ruined, it was not good battle. If I have a good battle, it does not matter if I lose.

I get what you mean but all of those people are not dreaming about battles with DDs. 

It seeme like it.

Last week Yamatos had a better winrating than the Tier X DDs on the EU server. Meaning, last week it was better to have more Yamatos in your team than Shimikazes.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20151205/eu_week/average_ship.html

Sign in to follow this