Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Elegant1337_

5-6 dd´s in each team.. gj wg

182 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,013 posts
18,709 battles

The average battles of dds is more than any other ships at high tier. So that means for example: a shimikaze did more battles than a yamato.

Any way the statistics doesn't have to support what i said. I get that kind of battles everyday and im sure im not alone. Because im generally play with friends so they have the same problem as i have.

Look at Total battles by Class

BB=173252 =33% of ships

CA=182016 =34% of ships

CV=21105 =  5%

DD=144311 = 28%

Total 520684

Please allow some rounding in the percentages 

Not sure what the average battles means but it is not the % of ships in battle as those numbers adds up to 114!!!!

24 ships in a game 28% on average are DD that = an average of 6,7 DD per game. so 3 or 4 per side.

We all get those games every day in the same way we get  battles with 6 or 7 CA or BB per team.

Edited by T0byJug

Players
1,438 posts

The average battles of dds is more than any other ships at high tier according to that link you posted. So that means for example: a shimikaze did more battles than a yamato.

Any way the statistics doesnt have to support what i said. I get that kind of battles everyday and im sure im not alone. Because im generally play with friends so they have the same problem as i have.

Really not meaning to be negative here but your quote regarding 'it doesn't matter what the statistics say, I'm right!' indicates to me that where some seem willing to discuss, you are not.

I have no doubt you are not imagining the battles you take part in, but it does seem that you may be over exaggerating due to frustration(?) I believe the fact you have problems with DDs in your ship is the reason you recognise these incidents over the others that T0byJug has mentioned. :honoring:

Edit: for instance I recognise how many Gunship DDs are in the other team when I get my butt handed to me by one; but not so much if we win or I do well (even if the number of Gunboat DDs was the same). This always has me thinking how poor my guns are and if only they were better I could have ruled the seas! :teethhappy:

Edited by Zathras_Grimm

[CR33D]
Players
3,207 posts
18,642 battles

Look at Total battles by Class

BB=173252 =33% of ships

CA=182016 =34% of ships

CV=21105 =  5%

BB=144311 = 28%

Total 520684

Please allow some rounding in the percentages 

Not sure what the average battles means but it is not the % of ships in battle as those numbers adds up to 114!!!!

24 ships in a game 28% on average are DD that = an average of 6,7 DD per game. so 3 or 4 per side.

We all get those games every day in the same way we get  battles with 6 or 7 CA or BB per team.

You have to look at averages lol are those players all online at the same time? If they are online at the same time your calculation would be true.

edit: i wrote "at the same time" it should be whole time

Edited by ghostbuster_

Beta Tester
1,520 posts
1,524 battles

You have to look at averages lol are those players all online at the same time? If they are online at the same time your calculation would be true

No, the calculation is correct.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,013 posts
18,709 battles

You have to look at averages lol are those players all online at the same time? If they are online at the same time your calculation would be true

Ok lets keep it simple!!! the average you talk of!!

iv name class players total battles average of rates
battles win draw lose exp damage
caused
warship
destroyed
aircraft
destoryed
base
capture
base
defense
survived kill /
death
1 BB Higher Tier 5967 173252 29.04 49.22 1.94 48.84 1239 52270 0.83 1.69 0.02 0.07 49.00 1.63

5967 Players Played 173252 battles in High (T6+) battleships that is an average of 29.035 (or 29.04) battles PER PLAYER in that week..

The Math

173252/5967= 29,035

Do you realy need me to do all ship classes to prove my point

[VETS]
Beta Tester
218 posts
16,452 battles

it is easier to tier up DD so high tiers have lots of DDs .

I play all ships and yes to play DD is fun .

But having unlimited DD in a game especially at high tiers after waiting 3 -4 mins you find yourself with 5-6 DDs in each team may be 1 or 2 at best CA then the rest BB. 

this is no fun .

The teams must be balanced in type wise.

So the game will be more challenging .

At this state I barely touch my Yamato couse the wall of torpedos that you can easily walk on sea. All BBs and CAs stay back as it is a random game and hard to organize things.So ppl fire blind torpedos and DDs wonder around .

I also barely Touch my shimikaze too couse of the same reason it is no fun .

Lower tiers are still best fun wise.

WG I assume will handle this .

Edit : Also the opposite is happening I was the only Shimikaze in a game with the iceberg map  and as I spotted them all through the time they just couldnt enter the small white circle to cap. The game was about to end nearly in 2-3 mins as I was almost invisibe and capping and who is trying to aproach was either eating torps or a full salvo of BBs. then we decided not to cap but fight properly .This is also broken MM .

Edited by DanottiTR

[CR33D]
Players
3,207 posts
18,642 battles

Ok lets keep it simple!!! the average you talk of!!

iv name class players total battles average of rates
battles win draw lose exp damage
caused
warship
destroyed
aircraft
destoryed
base
capture
base
defense
survived kill /
death
1 BB Higher Tier 5967 173252 29.04 49.22 1.94 48.84 1239 52270 0.83 1.69 0.02 0.07 49.00 1.63

5967 Players Played 173252 battles in High (T6+) battleships that is an average of 29.035 (or 29.04) battles PER PLAYER in that week..

The Math

173252/5967= 29,035

Do you realy need me to do all ship classes to prove my point

you dont have to explain the calculation. Yeah exactly each player played 29.04 battles. but i thought little bit different. and i noticed that i was wrong  right after i made the comment.  but it doesnt mean that we dont get battles with too many dds. It is still possible to get such a drunk MM. Because there are periods that there are too many dd players online and few from other kind of ships and you get such battles.

Edit: for example i waiting for a game and there are 7 bbs 3 cas and only 1 dd. But yesterday i saw 2 bbs no cas and 8 dds on that screen and gave up playing tier 10s. so it happens. 

Edited by ghostbuster_

[CR33D]
Players
3,207 posts
18,642 battles

it is easier to tier up DD so high tiers have lots of DDs .

I play all ships and yes to play DD is fun .

But having unlimited DD in a game especially at high tiers after waiting 3 -4 mins you find yourself with 5-6 DDs in each team may be 1 or 2 at best CA then the rest BB. 

this is no fun .

The teams must be balanced in type wise.

So the game will be more challenging .

At this state I barely touch my Yamato couse the wall of torpedos that you can easily walk on sea. All BBs and CAs stay back as it is a random game and hard to organize things.So ppl fire blind torpedos and DDs wonder around .

I also barely Touch my shimikaze too couse of the same reason it is no fun .

Lower tiers are still best fun wise.

WG I assume will handle this .

Edit : Also the opposite is happening I was the only Shimikaze in a game with the iceberg map  and as I spotted them all through the time they just couldnt enter the small white circle to cap. The game was about to end nearly in 2-3 mins as I was almost invisibe and capping and who is trying to aproach was either eating torps or a full salvo of BBs. then we decided not to cap but fight properly .This is also broken MM .

Well thank you i have been saying the same thing for pages. So its a MM problem which should be solved asap. But ppl left the point with starting talking about statistics and so...
Edited by ghostbuster_
  • Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,013 posts
18,709 battles

Well thank you i have been saying the same thing for pages. So its a MM problem which should be solved asap. But ppl left the point with starting talking about statistics and so...

so Match making occasionally puts  5+ DD per team in a battle Very occasionally !! So what... to get an Average of 10  DD a battle in 520684 ships would need 41% of players bringing  DDs that 13% more than what % do bring DDs this is a large difference.. you are remembering the odd Battle with 5 or 6 DD per side and blowing out of all proportion.

At the moment approx 1/3 of players play DD/CA/BB with a small amount of CV because of the perceived/Real nerfs to Carriers and the fact that when they limited it to Max 4 CV per battle waiting times for CV increased so players stopped playing. limiting DD would be bad for the game. when the average DDs played per battle gets to 8 or 9 then maybe there will be an issue but at the moment the average DD approx 28% or 6,7 DD per battle.  

Lets look at some other stats from that page! Average DD damage is Half that or a BB and they are serviving  less than a BB as well. BB/CVs are the match winners. you remember the DD because 1 or 2 of them in a match manage a devastating strike. But the most manage a lot lot less. The main match winning DD´s do know is capping not Damage dealing. About the only MM fix i think they need to do is make the DD spread more equal for both teams!! In a capping heavy match giving 1 team 2 DD and the other team 5 gives the DD heavy team a huge  advantage.

Edited by T0byJug
  • Cool 2

[CR33D]
Players
3,207 posts
18,642 battles

so Match making occasionally puts  5+ DD per team in a battle Very occasionally !! So what... to get an Average of 10  DD a battle in 520684 ships would need 41% of players bringing  DDs that 13% more than what % do bring DDs this is a large difference.. you are remembering the odd Battle with 5 or 6 DD per side and blowing out of all proportion.

At the moment approx 1/3 of players play DD/CA/BB with a small amount of CV because of the perceived/Real nerfs to Carriers and the fact that when they limited it to Max 4 CV per battle waiting times for CV increased so players stopped playing. limiting DD would be bad for the game. when the average DDs played per battle gets to 8 or 9 then maybe there will be an issue but at the moment the average DD approx 28% or 6,7 DD per battle.  

Well it happens a lot to me thats why im writing all of those comments. but about the cv MM in the past, they put a limitation to number of cvs per team. They hadnt to do that from your view.  Were the cvs the most played ship type (like 50% of players)? No. were there always cvs more than 2 in each team? no. So why did they put a limitation for them? Because it was not fun to other players. Because everybody wanted to play cvs and the number of cv players were increasing. It is the same here. each day the number of dd players increasing. I think sometimes to play the jpn dds too.

Edited by ghostbuster_

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,013 posts
18,709 battles

Well it happens a lot to me thats why im writing all of those comments. but about the cv MM in the past, they put a limitation to number of cvs per team. They hadnt to do that from your view.  Were the cvs the most played ship type (like 50% of players)? No. were there always cvs more than 2 in each team? no. So why did they put a limitation for them? 

They limited CV to 2 a team and equal number and tier of CV because they noticed that when there were more than 2 CV on a side the rest of the ship classes seriasly under performed compared to when there was 2 or less CV in a team.

They made the CV alway the same tier as the also noticed that if a CV faced a Enemy CV of a higher tier the lower Tier CV always performed way worse than the higher tier CV.

I have kept track of the number of DD in all my T6+ games tonight 42 DD across 7 games thats an average or 6 per game.

[CR33D]
Players
3,207 posts
18,642 battles

They limited CV to 2 a team and equal number and tier of CV because they noticed that when there were more than 2 CV on a side the rest of the ship classes seriasly under performed compared to when there was 2 or less CV in a team.

They made the CV alway the same tier as the also noticed that if a CV faced a Enemy CV of a higher tier the lower Tier CV always performed way worse than the higher tier CV.

I have kept track of the number of DD in all my T6+ games tonight 42 DD across 7 games thats an average or 6 per game.

What about 3 cvs on both sides? well that would be not that often thou i guess.
Edited by ghostbuster_

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,013 posts
18,709 battles

Btw why did DD player react to that limitation idea. Nobody said that DDs must be nerfed.

We realise that!! we are just saying limiting number of DD per match is not needed at the moment as the occasionall High DD count is not braking the game. And limiting the Number of DD could have a knock on effect of increasing game wait time.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,013 posts
18,709 battles

What about 3 cvs on both sides? well that would be not that often thou i guess.

it may happen if over time Wargaming believe 3 CV max per side will not damage the gameplay for the other classes. But at the moment they have selected 2 max per side.

Players
1,438 posts

:teethhappy: He is not wrong T0byJug, please understand this, it will not make your life any easier to attempt to put your point of view across! :teethhappy:

Once again even when admitting he had his calculations wrong it didn't matter, he was still right! And then when someone talks about having 5-6 DDs on each side, he heralds it as proof. Proof of what? We have all been explaining to him that we don't see why an equal number of ships either side isn't a big problem whatever the class (it doesn't even have to be exactly even, just close). You have even given him the statistics concerning other ships having just as big a monopoly as he claims the DDs have, but that still isn't good enough. Seriously I am actually crying with laughter here.

Simple fact is unless a DD has been highlighted by another ship so he can shoot at it before it gets close enough to torpedo him, he claims it is unfair and the game must be changed. In a couple of threads it has changed from too many DDs, to 45+ torpedo walls, to not enough CVs, to IJN DDs hiding, to DDs capping, oh and other DDs not spotting! (I mean come on, 10-14 DDs in a game and neither sides DDs see each other resulting in the enemy DDs slipping through, lining up to fire a wall of 45+ torpedoes at him :sceptic:) . We would all like our own preferences within the game, it annoyed me the number of times a passing fish broke wind and my DD's engine failed! I love it when I am one of very few DDs in a game (I get better number of kills), but is the game unfair if I have to face more DDs (even when they are gunships, it just means I must just work with my team)? IMHO not in this case. :honoring:

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
Players
3,207 posts
18,642 battles

We realise that!! we are just saying limiting number of DD per match is not needed at the moment as the occasionall High DD count is not braking the game. And limiting the Number of DD could have a knock on effect of increasing game wait time.

how do you know without playing that kind a high tier battle that high amount of dds doesnt break the game?

[CR33D]
Players
3,207 posts
18,642 battles

it may happen if over time Wargaming believe 3 CV max per side will not damage the gameplay for the other classes. But at the moment they have selected 2 max per side.

yeah exactly. because it would break the gameplay. there is no other reason.

Players
1,438 posts

Oh the pain of your quick wit; it wounds me so. :teethhappy: At this point I can't take anything you say seriously so go for it my friend, you are the best laugh I've had in ages!

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,013 posts
18,709 battles

Told you T0byJug! :D 

Im saying no more!!! I look for would to having you in game when i play DDs old chap...We can troll those BBs with our OP DD's
Edited by T0byJug

[CR33D]
Players
3,207 posts
18,642 battles

Im saying no more!!! I look for would to having you in game when i play DDs old chap...We can troll those BBs with our OP DD's

LOL who said that they are OP? Did you see it in your dream? We are all saying MM is crap and having that much dds per team breaks the game. thatss it dont worry we do not look for a nerf to dds. :great:

Players
1,438 posts

LOL who said that they are OP? Did you see it in your dream? We are all saying MM is crap and having that much dds per team breaks the game. thatss it dont worry we do not look for a nerf to dds. :great:

Oh dear lord, I missed that one of my list lol, wait one....

In a couple of threads it has changed from too many DDs, to 45+ torpedo walls, to not enough CVs, to IJN DDs hiding, to DDs capping, oh and other DDs not spotting! (I mean come on, 10-14 DDs in a game and neither sides DDs see each other resulting in the enemy DDs slipping through, lining up to fire a wall of 45+ torpedoes at him :sceptic:) . AND the MM is crap (but only at high levels). I'm going to bed :D that man deserves a medal, thank you :medal:

Happy to team up, or fight against T0byJug :honoring: (as long as I win lol). Edit: Otherwise the game is unfair!

Edited by Zathras_Grimm

[CR33D]
Players
3,207 posts
18,642 battles

Oh dear lord, I missed that one of my list lol, wait one....

In a couple of threads it has changed from too many DDs, to 45+ torpedo walls, to not enough CVs, to IJN DDs hiding, to DDs capping, oh and other DDs not spotting! (I mean come on, 10-14 DDs in a game and neither sides DDs see each other resulting in the enemy DDs slipping through, lining up to fire a wall of 45+ torpedoes at him :sceptic:) . AND the MM is crap (but only at high levels). I'm going to bed :D that man deserves a medal, thank you :medal:

Happy to team up, or fight against T0byJug :honoring: (as long as I win lol). Edit: Otherwise the game is unfair!

It was always the crap MM. It has never changed. The others were the consequences. And few experiences i had. 

Edited by ghostbuster_

Sign in to follow this