Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Elegant1337_

5-6 dd´s in each team.. gj wg

182 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
581 posts
3,759 battles

The main problem with DD MM is that MM treats all DD equally. And we get unbalanced teams where all the torpedo boats are on one team and all the gunboats are on the other. Just divide them equally...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

The main problem with DD MM is that MM treats all DD equally. And we get unbalanced teams where all the torpedo boats are on one team and all the gunboats are on the other. Just divide them equally...

^^

6 Shima vs 6 Kharborovsk ( don't make fun of my spelling :hiding: ) is not a fun matchup. 

Players
1,438 posts

You're blaming the shortcomings of your allied players on the overall game mechanic again. Even Shima can be spotted by another DD ( especially another Shima ), and when spotted your CA's need to be close and pre-aimed at the likely location.

The only thing you're describing is lack of teamplay, and sorry but some of us like this team play element and are against dumbing down the game to cater to those who have no interest in such things.

I have no issues with 6 dd's per team ( if evenly balanced ).

To Ghostbuster_: +1 up to mtm 78; read mtm78 posts (along with many others here). I would like  more ' balanced' teams to start with but that doesn't mean more in one ship type kills the game. As already stated, it just means BB players (maybe like you?) don't get slow moving targets to fire at and rack up the XP/kills. Welcome to what every other ship has to deal with. :honoring:

Beta Tester
1,520 posts
1,475 battles

^^

6 Shima vs 6 Kharborovsk ( don't make fun of my spelling :hiding: ) is not a fun matchup. 

Mirror MM all the time is neither, see CV...

Players
1,428 posts

In my opinion there are so much DD's in high tier for two reasons :

- Less CV's in high tier

- CA commanders who step into a DD on high tier.

I'm not certain about the reasons but it might be :

- The CV's (with probaply an exception to the Midway) were nerfed to much

- Lack of endgame and teambatle , with the consequence that some hardcore CV players temporary stopped playing.

- CA's are an too easy target on tier 9 and 10

- Gameplay on tier 9 and 10 is dull, with a dd you can go solo and have some fun.

Posible solutions :

- Buff the CV's

- Buff the AA on CA's so BB's need the CA as much as the CA needs the BB on high tier

- Make a camping BB a more easy target for CV's and DD's

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Mirror MM all the time is neither, see CV...

It also highly depends on game mode, domination you need those stealth dd's capable of spotting other stealth dd's, or risk gunboat DD weaving until he spots stealth DD or stealth DD runs away ( leaving you the cap ).

But in a Zone game mode, it's already less important, if you have carriers even less because the planes can spot what the gunboat DD's can't. In that scenario, team with gunboat DD's should be the one with the advantage.

[CR33D]
Players
3,028 posts
15,514 battles

It's not easy, IJN DDs run away (love that comment; how dare they not remain a target!), 'I want to have fun' (or at least something close).

All the above indicate to me that you're only happy if the game is going how YOU think it should; if it doesn't it's crap and if someone disagrees then they are wrong. I stand by my last post in this thread!  

Edit: A torp wall of 45 torpedoes! What did all the DDs get in a line, in the same place 'Riverdance' style and fire at the same time lol. Well then you should be happy, as  with high tier DDs you've got a couple of minutes reload time. More and more this sounds like someone that wants to sail in a straight line firing all his guns, collecting his kills and XP without any pesky torps meaning he has to turn; well surprise,  do that and you should get hit. 

First of all get some high tier ships to make comment to problems at high tier battles. I like to play my tier 5-6 bb and i have no problems about the number of dds. With tier 5 i dont expect you to get the problem, not only BB players have and also CA players. 

You're blaming the shortcomings of your allied players on the overall game mechanic again. Even Shima can be spotted by another DD ( especially another Shima ), and when spotted your CA's need to be close and pre-aimed at the likely location.

The only thing you're describing is lack of teamplay, and sorry but some of us like this team play element and are against dumbing down the game to cater to those who have no interest in such things. 

I have no issues with 6 dd's per team ( if evenly balanced ). 

Well i hope you get a battle with 6-7 tierX dds in your enemy team and we can talk later.

To Ghostbuster_: +1 up to mtm 78; read mtm78 posts (along with many others here). I would like  more ' balanced' teams to start with but that doesn't mean more in one ship type kills the game. As already stated, it just means BB players (maybe like you?) don't get slow moving targets to fire at and rack up the XP/kills. Welcome to what every other ship has to deal with. :honoring:

I have already seen them and im saying the same things what i said in the other topics. If there were more than 2 CVs per team, it would kill the game like DDs do at the moment. Im not saying that the camping BBs shouldnt be the easy targets or let the dds move slower. what im saying is just the amount of dds should be decreased in a battle. Of course if a dd player sees a bb standing still, he should be able to kill him. Im not saying make the BBs god and nerf the dds. 

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Well i hope you get a battle with 6-7 tierX dds in your enemy team and we can talk later.

Why do you assume I haven't been?

Beta Tester
1,266 posts
2,677 battles

How about to change the destroyer balance each team???? 

especially in tier 10 games most of the time each team ONLY have 5-6 dd´s most likely shimakaze.

it would be more fun if we could fight against maybe 8-10 destroyer....becasue why the F**** NOT!!!

and if wg a done with that pls pls make the divisions larger so ppl can join them with maybe 5 ships...of course only shimakaze!!! 

sooo much fun

So, when 5-6 BBs are in a game its totally fine, but 5-6 DDs are bad? I dont get it.

[KURLA]
Players
4,367 posts
16,858 battles

So a BB skipper is complaining about what is a direct effect of a nerf which the same BB skipper wanted so badly. :D

Players
1,438 posts

First of all get some high tier ships to make comment to problems at high tier battles. I like to play my tier 5-6 bb and i have no problems about the number of dds. With tier 5 i dont expect you to get the problem, not only BB players have and also CA players. 

I have already seen them and im saying the same things what i said in the other topics. If there were more than 2 CVs per team, it would kill the game like DDs do at the moment. Im not saying that the camping BBs shouldnt be the easy targets or let the dds move slower. what im saying is just the amount of dds should be decreased in a battle. Of course if a dd player sees a bb standing still, he should be able to kill him. Im not saying make the BBs god and nerf the dds. 

Hadn't seen this; oh dear. You're completely right, I have not played top Tier and am therefore not aware of the mechanics of torpedoes at that level. Maybe I should grind up the tier levels, it seems that the BB captains regress to a level where they are sub level 5 captains. No, that would just be you.

You got hit by some torpedoes even though there were so many DDs they should have been tripping over each other, I'm also assuming you were not supported (silly team) and for all the firing (like a bad batsman at the plate) you couldn't hit the ship that pulled your shorts over your head.

Happens to us all at times. :honoring:

Players
367 posts
1,842 battles

Some people always complain that the game is historical not correct this way....not historical correct that way....but in most sea battles in WW2 there were mostly much more destroyers than cruisers... and hardly any battleships or carriers. So in name of historical correctness there should always be 8 or more destroyers in each battle...:B

Edited by Nibloke

[CR33D]
Players
3,028 posts
15,514 battles

Hadn't seen this; oh dear. You're completely right, I have not played top Tier and am therefore not aware of the mechanics of torpedoes at that level. Maybe I should grind up the tier levels, it seems that the BB captains regress to a level where they are sub level 5 captains. No, that would just be you.

You got hit by some torpedoes even though there were so many DDs they should have been tripping over each other, I'm also assuming you were not supported (silly team) and for all the firing (like a bad batsman at the plate) you couldn't hit the ship that pulled your shorts over your head.

Happens to us all at times. :honoring:

well i dont remember saying that i was alone. You may be aware of the torp mechanics but its obvious that you have no idea of that battles.

Players
1,438 posts

well i dont remember saying that i was alone. You may be aware of the torp mechanics but its obvious that you have no idea of that battles.

So educate me; if the mechanics are the same and players supposedly better then tell me what is the terrible thing about several of one class compared to another if everyone has to experience the same conditions? Or are we back to the fact you can't do the damage you are used to and if you are silly enough to sail in a straight line you get torpedoed (sounds no different from any other level I've played)? :)

[CR33D]
Players
3,028 posts
15,514 battles

So educate me; if the mechanics are the same and players supposedly better then tell me what is the terrible thing about several of one class compared to another if everyone has to experience the same conditions? Or are we back to the fact you can't do the damage you are used to and if you are silly enough to sail in a straight line you get torpedoed (sounds no different from any other level I've played)? :)

Lol you are really funny. I hope i see you in my enemy team, than i can educate you. well it looks like its gonna take time you to get in battles, which you allready make comment about. I have been explaining it for pages. You can read the other topic i dont want to explain all of it again.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,506 posts
15,414 battles

Ok first this is on games played All time. sorry cant work out how to veiw stats for last month in 

http://www.warshipstats.com/analytics/ if some one can please help or provide a site that you can

Total BB battles  tier 8-10 played 889,619

Total CA battles  tier 8-10 played 737,389

Total DD battles  tier 8-10 played 319,170

What I can compare last month or so is German and Russian ships 

Total German CA battles  tier 8-10 played 34,996

Total German DD battles  tier 8-10 played 16,267

Cruisers and Battleships seem to be way more popular even at High tier than Destroyers.

These figures seem to point to the 6DD per team in a battle is the Exception Rather than the Rule! so what was you issue again?

Edited by T0byJug

[CR33D]
Players
3,028 posts
15,514 battles

Ok first this is on games played All time. sorry cant work out how to veiw stats for last month in 

http://www.warshipstats.com/analytics/ if some one can please help or provide a site that you can

Cruisers and Battleships seem to be way more popular even at High tier than Destroyers.

These figures seem to point to the 6DD per team in a battle is the Exception Rather than the Rule! so what was you issue again?

Well it doesnt change the fact that those kind of MM exists. And btw Shimikaze is the second ship according to avarage battles played.  You can see it on that website you posted.
Edited by ghostbuster_

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,506 posts
15,414 battles

Well it doesnt change the fact that those kind of MM exists. And btw Shimikaze is the second ship according to avarage battles played.  You can see it on that website you posted.

And a DD is not allowed to be popular. Yes the Shimikaze is a liked ship and over the american Tier X (over 3 times) But  DD's only make up 23 %(math was wrong its 27%) of total Tier 10 ships in battles.

Edited by T0byJug

[CR33D]
Players
3,028 posts
15,514 battles

And a DD is not allowed to be popular. Yes the Shimikaze is a liked ship and over the american Tier X (over 3 times) But  DD's only make up 23 % of total Tier 10 ships in battles.

Did i said that a dd can not be popular? Everyone can play dds and they can make 50% of tier X ships doesnt matter. Problem is that f*cking MM which places 6-7 dds in a team.

Beta Tester
1,520 posts
1,475 battles

Always use maplesyrup for ship comparisons:

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html

Sign in to follow this