Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KapteinSabeltann

BBs in ranked battles below rank 10

9 comments in this topic

Players
141 posts
6,617 battles

This is going to be a rant. And I'm going to cry about "my team". But seriously ranked battels is starting to get on my nerves. I don't really think the "good players get matched with good players" really work. It seems to be more a case of equal rank players go against equal rank players...

It's a nightmare! I seriously think I should just get a bot and let it play ranked for me for a week while I do something else - I bet I will be close to rank 1 after a week. I can't stand the amount of afk, clueless and sheer troll players... The title in the post says BBs but I guess it's unfair. But honestly CV's and BBs below rank 10 battles is such a nightmare - long range sniping while the team is getting slaughtered, cv's that don't move so on and so forth. Look at this screenshot. This was a loss - I guess I shoulda "carried" and I almost did but towards the end of the game our TWO BBs let ONE enemy BB cap our "home" cap while failing to kill it OR deny it the cap... they were 2V1 FOR !"#¤!"#¤"#! SAKE... Meanwhile I almost managed to sink the second enemy BB just before the timer went out AND I took the enemy "home" cap after sinking their cv, their defending cruiser AND chasing off the last BB. With 20 more seconds I would have sunk him too... Did over 100k damage - and this is the RULE not the #¤#"Q#¤#" exception! I swear playing competitive battles make me lose faith in mankind.....

Guess I am done ranting (oh yeah the initial idea was no BBs in ranked battles below 10) I don't know, it's just horrible and I am pissed off..

Ihaterankedbattles.jpg

Players
17 posts
1,347 battles

The picture you attached is from Random Battle, but you claim its Ranked? And its supposed to show exactly what?

• Cool 1

Players
277 posts
15,316 battles

Well had loses on rankeds with 140k done on my nagato ty to useless cruisers and dd's who just yoloed to death doing around 10pts of dmg total... 

And OP dont expect winrate/skill match making in rankeds as ITS EXACLY THE SAME MM as in RANDOMS but with rank +-5variable added, and TY TO STUPID RANK 10 IRREVOCABLE even turds who by mistake get carried to high (ty to start at rank 18) will stay in games of rank 5-10 FOR EVER... FOR EVAH... FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!

GJ WG!!! - sarcasm

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles

The picture you attached is from Random Battle, but you claim its Ranked? And its supposed to show exactly what?

The picture is from a ranked battle, it says so in the upper right corner. It is supposed to show that even with a great performance from one of its individuals a team will usually still manage to lose. 

Community Contributor
812 posts
4,847 battles

I chose to close today with ranked battles, rank 5, 73 battles, 67% win rate.

i found disgusting and asbdurds; there is not teamplay and all depends on dds.

if the wargaming do not put a premade game mode, i quit the game.

Edited by Blizzard_0

Players
141 posts
6,617 battles

The picture is from a ranked battle, it says so in the upper right corner. It is supposed to show that even with a great performance from one of its individuals a team will usually still manage to lose. 

Yes it's from a ranked battle and that is indeed my point. And it happened again. I started playing DD in ranked as the worst thing possible is if the DDs don't do their job. This time around I capped b - then I fought a cruiser and an USN dd with my Minekaze while capping their point and sunk them both, finished getting A from the enemy team and denied them to recap it while I watched the rest of my team getting sunk (a cleveland and a fuso) almost getting killed by one german cruiser. Then as I tried to finish off the enemy New Mexico trying to get the cap back he got me while I landed a torp or two in him. He proceeded to finish off the two remaining ships on my team. So thats two caps, and two sinkings for nothing. I gave up a week ago to get rank 10 - came back today and its every two games. rank up, rank down, rank up rank down.

My MAIN point is - why play ranked battles if you don't want to try? Play random battles - I'm worried its the rewards pulling everyone in and they just play like they do in co-op or random... Hope they increase the criteria for ranked battles - at least weed out the trolls in some or other way. Well I'll stop whining about this now - I have said what I came to say. Wish ppl would not play ranked when all they do is waste others time...

Figured I'd manage to get to rank 10 today... I am exactly where I was 3 hours ago when I started...

actual scene of the situation.jpg

amazing.jpg

Edited by KapteinSabeltann

Players
16 posts
1,809 battles

What does OP means in WOWs ? (noob question)

OP basically has two different meanings, depending on context.... (everywhere, not just WoWS)

OP can either mean Original Poster, or Over Powered.

its up to you to figure out which one, but it its usually very obvious :)

Edited by Sticky_Icky

Supertest Coordinator
6,336 posts
4,235 battles

Why I will play ranked

- I like the ships at tiers V-VIII

- I like the smaller faster games where everything matters

- you get to have a real impact on win or lose

- stats will be wiped after the season so I won't have to remember how bad I was

- seems to get more XP

- something different

Of course there will be awfully frustrating games!

I'm focussing on BBs in ranked because I seem to do better than in cruisers.

Sign in to follow this