Sign in to follow this  
Caljostro

Are they going to add a launch time penalty if a squad is wiped out ?

8 comments in this topic

[UN]
Weekend Tester
846 posts
19,979 battles

At the moment, the situation is quite weird. Carrier players refusing to kill enemy squads completely because they can launch again instantly at full health, all the while they suicide their own remaining planes into aaa for the very same reason.

I suggest there should be an added time penalty, consisting of the time it would have taken the planes to return * 1.5.

Anyone else finding the current situation a bit bizzare ?

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,302 posts
6,186 battles

Suiciding your own planes? not sure how wise that is, and also I haven't noticed this problem yet

[T-N-T]
Players
1,947 posts
9,416 battles

This clearly isn't happening at Tier 4 that I'm playing. If I let my 3 squadrons die in the air, I've effectively lost half of all my available aircraft.

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,422 battles

Suiciding your own planes? not sure how wise that is, and also I haven't noticed this problem yet

At high tiers you have almost unlimited number of planes so it's easier to get the squad wipe out completely and send new squad right away rather than waiting long time before they come back(and sometimes it's just one plane).

• Cool 2

[HOME]
Players
749 posts
7,581 battles

Yup as Geralt said its not really doable at low tiers due to low rserves but starts making sense at tier 7+ when reserves become at least twice the maximum number of planes you can have in the air....

I also think this should be changed because right now you always let that single plane so enemy has to go all the way to the carrier to rearm....unless he sacrifices that plane to AA because that means no penalty for him....

[T-N-T]
Players
1,947 posts
9,416 battles

If this really is a problem at higher tiers, I have no issue with the idea of a penalty. But it should be scaled per Tier. And I'd think at Tier 4-5, it should be very much negligible.

[LOBUZ]
Players
4,327 posts
16,674 battles

Well right now this is the only way to work around the landing bug. Any penalty to skippers who use this tactics can't be introduced without fixing the bug. Otherwise it would be yet another pointless nerf

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

Well right now this is the only way to work around the landing bug. Any penalty to skippers who use this tactics can't be introduced without fixing the bug. Otherwise it would be yet another pointless nerf

The landing bug was supposedly fixed in 0.5.3. Is it still around?

Sign in to follow this