Dazdbog

FPs

16 comments in this topic

Question

[-YR-]
Players
4 posts

Hello

I have a "problem" with FPS in game, whatever settings i chose like all low and off or all maxed out , or even when i scalling the rezolution to 1440 [native is 1080p] with all maxed i have the same FPS. From 55-71 is like 98% of the time, its drops to 5-35 from time to time and go to 76.  Usage of CPU or GPU is not even near 100% , more like 50-60% ...From my side i cant do anything to get my fps to constant of 75. Any solution for this?

I have Fx 6300, even when is OC to 4.7 i dont get a single fps.  r9 280x and 8 gb of ram. I have OCed monitor to 75Hz and just want to take advantage of it.

15 answers to this question

Alpha Tester
81 posts
4,727 battles

Hi,

i know its a bit older, but i have exactly the same problem and nearly same configuration!

76fps max; mostly 50-70; but for few seconds it drops to 5-25 (sometimes 0!). What i tried so far:

- Setting lower resolution AND low graphic settings

- Turned off post processing, v-sync and triple buffer, lowered shadow quality and so on

- Cleaned my case

- Core Temp states around 60°C for the cpu, around 75°C for my gpu

- Unpark all cpu cores

- Tried different bios settings (qool'n quit and such) for the cpu

- Same issue on WoT: i dont have other "demanding" titles but i dont encountered this problem

- Latest drivers for the graphic card

- Close all other programs during gaming

Only thing i dont tried but will asap is memtest! Dont tried other os for now..

Have no more ideas :(

My system:

Fx 6300 (base clock - tried to OC too)

Radeon hd 7800

8 gb Ram at 800MHz

AsRock 960GM/U3S3 Fx

Windows 7 (64)

Any hint is highly appreciated!

Alpha Tester
81 posts
4,727 battles

Small update:

- memtest about 6 or 7 hours dont showed errors...

- deactivating turbo for the cpu dont helped at all

if anyone has any idea, i will appreciate it much!

[CR33D]
Community Contributor
252 posts
12,307 battles

This happens on my rig when I go from fullscreen to windowed fullscreen. Suddenly I get random very quick spikes where it drops to 20 fps. It doesn't happen in fullscreen at all.

And my computer is more than enough to run the game (i7-6700k, 970GTX, 16GB ram).

Supertest Coordinator
6,336 posts
4,240 battles

I have a 970gtx too. I've noticed that in latest patch my fps has gone from 60 to 25. It's spiky in border less windowed mode. Full screen it's smooth but still says 25fps. It's annoying as I upgraded my graphics specifically for the game, got great performance now it's mediocre.

Any ideas?

i know nvidia doesn't do windowed mode as well as full screen but I want my fps back. 

Players
20 posts
8,818 battles

Same here. What is strange, all worked fine till 4 days ago. Now game is unplayable as it drops to 18 and suddenly goes as high as 70 FPS.

Alpha Tester
81 posts
4,727 battles

Ok, tried it out: sadly nothing changed - windowed fs or fullscreen..

Now i gave a chance to Windows 10 - sometimes its worse! For the first time i had to finish a battle with 5-15 fps - wasnt simply a drop.

Dont encountered this behavior again for now.

Though i noticed an interesting thing: in the first battle the game is more fluid, but the longer i play the drops get more frequent...

Maybe i should test my components on another system, to check their correct function?

@KojusMaximusPL

maybe what i tried out and not worked for me, will work for you! Check the temperatures and the cpu/gpu load...

It would be interesting if you have the same issues in WoT btw

Edited by Yamato_Musashi

Players
153 posts
1,935 battles

It is an old problem, guys - it was in World of Tanks for way over half a year already and it is getting progressively worse with every patch in both games.

Many people who may be experiencing it may not even notice it because the FPS drops like this tend to happen only after couple of battles - for me it is around 5-6. After the drops start happening, they get progressively worse from battle to battle. 

Restarting the game helps for like 3-5 battles but that is about it.

WarGaming has been persistently ignoring the issue.

This has NOTHING to do with YOUR hardware, otherwise something similar would happen in other games - it has SOMETHING to do with how these games manage system resources - basically it seems like both World of Tanks and World of Warships are clogging something (probably RAM, I guess), and fail to clean it up after battle. It may be a game engine issue for all I can deduce. 

Edited by HidesHisFace

Alpha Tester
81 posts
4,727 battles

Many people who may be experiencing it may not even notice it because the FPS drops like this tend to happen only after couple of battles - for me it is around 5-6. After the drops start happening, they get progressively worse from battle to battle. 

This has NOTHING to do with YOUR hardware

Hmm i am not sure about this, since i played more than a few battles on a notebook too and i don't encountered any problems....

I optimized my hardware frequencies: i throttled my fx6300 to 3.2 GHz and the north bridge multiplicator to 8x200MHz (my RAM is at 800MHz) - and now its working much better, though i get small drops sometimes...

Maybe someone else can confirm this behavior?

Im testing, maybe i fount out a problem - but i will report about it later if im right...

Players
153 posts
1,935 battles

Hmm i am not sure about this, since i played more than a few battles on a notebook too and i don't encountered any problems....

I optimized my hardware frequencies: i throttled my fx6300 to 3.2 GHz and the north bridge multiplicator to 8x200MHz (my RAM is at 800MHz) - and now its working much better, though i get small drops sometimes...

Maybe someone else can confirm this behavior?

Im testing, maybe i fount out a problem - but i will report about it later if im right...

There is a couple of pages long topic in world of tanks section - the problem seems to affect different operating systems, completely different configs at complete random.

Alpha Tester
81 posts
4,727 battles

Ty for this information!

Yeah its a very weird problem...

After your post i paid attention to the "drops starting moment" and though i played only a few fights this days i got drops even from the first fight - sometimes it goes very "well".

So i don't encountered any regularity. I tried different things like first go binocular, or shoot, or something else - to check if it starts happen on certain circumstances, but this failed too..

I agree with you: its a software problem, "otherwise something similar would happen in other games", but i wanted to find out why it happens with MY hardware - sadly i wasn't able to :(

It seems we have to play War Thunder, since they don't resolve the problem :D

Alpha Tester
81 posts
4,727 battles

As long it remains playable (around 30 fps), i think all is fine.... :great:

:teethhappy:

But you could try to change some graphic settings - i heard that by changing the right setting you are even able to increase other quality settings!

Just check the naval academy for trying out the right settings

Players
153 posts
1,935 battles

Ty for this information!

Yeah its a very weird problem...

After your post i paid attention to the "drops starting moment" and though i played only a few fights this days i got drops even from the first fight - sometimes it goes very "well".

So i don't encountered any regularity. I tried different things like first go binocular, or shoot, or something else - to check if it starts happen on certain circumstances, but this failed too..

I agree with you: its a software problem, "otherwise something similar would happen in other games", but i wanted to find out why it happens with MY hardware - sadly i wasn't able to :(

It seems we have to play War Thunder, since they don't resolve the problem :D

Got another bit of information - I noticed that sometimes the problem does not appear or appears after many battles... Unless I quit the whole game and start over. Then problem appears after only couple of battles.

Now, the interesting thing I noticed - during the very first startup - the general loading and first few battles will load rather slowly. However, the problem with the FPS drops does not seem to appear at all or that quickly - I had a run of 20 battles or so and NOTHING happened.

When I made a break, and after that started the game again (break without turning the PC off that is, just closing the game to do some other stuff) - the problem appeared after like 4 battles. However, this time the loading times were MUCH faster. 

I'm not sure if these problems are interconnected or not but it seems like the game definitely does not clean after itself and gradually clogs the system with useless temporary data.

I also checked the nature of the drops - at first it starts dropping from 60 to 40-50, which is barely noticeable and can be mistaken for your generic lag spike. However, gradually the drops get bigger, up to 10fps, and much more frequent. I was unable to pinpoint the exact moment of the drops - they seem completely random, not related to action or amount of units on screen/in range.

Players
153 posts
1,935 battles

Sorry for double post, but it seems I have found a solution and somebody might find it helpful - just as I previously suspected, this issue seems to be caused by RAM clogging. Effectively, the game inefficiently governs RAM and does not clean it after battles, creating a giant mess over time. It does so to lower loading times in subsequent battles.

The solution is still a bit of a mess but it worked in my case - both for WoT and WoWS. You just have to clean RAM after every battle with some third party program, like RAMmap for example. 

Now, the side effect is a visible increase in loading times but the game should run just fine after map is already loaded. 

Now - WoWS still has sort of unstable FPS despite that fix, but nowhere near as bad as it was in my case - it is playable. The other FPS drops are caused by ping jumping around - unlike current version of WoT, WOWS seems to react for jumpy ping and lags by lowering your frame rate for a second or two - it does not compensate for lag at all.

Sign in to follow this