Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zathras_Grimm

Gameplay fix?

3 comments in this topic

Players
1,438 posts

Ok so not an expert at this game but would like to 'suggest' a few changes to help balance the game. I am an IJN DD player and only really play level V in my Fujin or Minekaze. Unfortunately a lot of my observations point to the negative aspects I have encountered, so any feedback from others would be welcome. :honoring: Note: Having written below I believe the main issue is that in order to have the amount of ships and make certain big differences within classes (such as the DD class) there has ended up being an overlap in several areas (DDs into CA, CAs into BB). I believe a better separation between the classes is required (even if this brings the ships within a class closer in certain areas!).

Ships

1. DDs: Far too close to CA skills (gun power on certain DDS)? A few say an uneven distribution?

Solution? I have heard many CA players say a lot of the DDs have got so powerful that they do not play the CAs any more, why bother when some DDs are better at a CA role then the CA ships? I have also noticed an impact on my IJN DD as well, as my guns are half the power of most of the other DDs and with so many DDs about (along with all the aircraft (up to 10+ with spotters as well)), stealth is no longer the one advantage for IJN DDs over other DDs.

2. CAs: Those that I have come across can turn on a dime and, on the flip side to the DD overlap, seem as powerful as some of the BBs. I am sure that CA players will have something to say but they seem very fast compared to my DD and their fire rate and punch seems massive. What does that say about the DDs that are more powerful than some CAs!

3. BBs: Well when I see a Kongo dodge 12 torpedoes, fired within a 10 second window, in 4 groups, from 2 different ships in a cross pattern I'm thinking that rudder speed is to good on BBs. Other than that I will leave comment to the BB players.

4. CVs: Can't say much about these as I never get near them nowadays with the layers of DDs, the odd CA, spotter planes and CV aircraft lol. If I do (through very good team play, or bad enemy play) then all I can say is why when I see the enemy pushing down one side and warn my CV, he always seems to get caught, yet if I manage to get through to a CV I can only assume he's pimped his ride and presses the Nitro button; it's like Back to the Future? :P If the amount of aircraft are here to stay then at least give me AA that works (can be concentrating fire on one squadron for over a minute and still not hit one).

5. Aircraft: at least make a spotter aircraft disappear in a reasonable time when the ship is destroyed (just pretend the pilot is thinking I need to get back to land in order to survive and not ditch!).

Gameplay

1. Please limit the number of ships in a class when a game starts (something like a maximum of 3 DDs, 4 CAs, 5BBs and 2 CVs for each side).

2. Please try to match ship classes; I know in many cases ship classes now overlap (see Note above), but to have something like 6 DDs on one side and 2 on the other (and what if those 2 are the supposed 'stealthy IJN DDs'; might as well not turn up, they will be discovered and annihilated within first 5 mins of game).

3. Starting positions. Please mix them up more; I am fed up of being next to small C cap on Burning Horizon(?) map! I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole as the ability to support in that area is not great and in my IJN I would not last long against any other DD 'gun' ships.

I realise that these are limited observations from someone that plays a specific class at a specific level (so only has view of a couple of ship levels either side), but as that is what I play that is all I can comment on. Welcome others point of view.:honoring: Oh, just in case, this isn't a rant and I still enjoy the game very much!

Beta Tester
141 posts
9,046 battles

I play DDs and imo your point of view doesnt cope with mine. Each DD has a different appoach. Japp DDs are stealth (and you force your stealth by avoiding shootin, move away from ariplanes and surn off your AA). Wait till you have the Shima. Time of your life. 
American DDs are good at shooting and their torps are deadly on close combat. 

Russiand DDs are small cruisers, torps? What torps? Shoot, move, and run. Same as Americams in a way. They are DD killers. 

I agree you have a limited observation. 

Cheers, Gilles. 

Players
1,438 posts

I play DDs and imo your point of view doesnt cope with mine. Each DD has a different appoach. Japp DDs are stealth (and you force your stealth by avoiding shootin, move away from ariplanes and surn off your AA). Wait till you have the Shima. Time of your life. 

American DDs are good at shooting and their torps are deadly on close combat.

Russiand DDs are small cruisers, torps? What torps? Shoot, move, and run. Same as Americams in a way. They are DD killers.

I agree you have a limited observation.

Cheers, Gilles.

Wow an attempt at flaming with the limited observation comment; from someone who contributed even less to the thread. Priceless! :D

In general the roles you mention for the different DD roles does not differ from my thoughts a great deal; I was making an observation of where I think changes can be made to ships in general and the game (I don't think I even tried to categorize exactly which role each DD should perform so am unsure what you have contributed to the thread; never mind).:honoring:

Sign in to follow this