Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
lethalbizzell

pearl harbor anniversary ? Nothing special

44 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
306 posts
3,699 battles

As title says , the only thing we have got is a discount..... Was expecting a tad more ! like i dont know USS ARIZONA. 

EDIT : i know its the 7th so two days time, hope they do it 

Edited by lethalbizzell

[DPRK]
Beta Tester
290 posts

Well if we follow the logic of the last event..

Pearl is a Asia/NA thing.sooo.. Be happy u got anything.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
1,545 posts
469 battles

Pearl Harbour isn't a significant naval event...

inb4peopledon'tknowwhatsarcasmis

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
306 posts
3,699 battles

Pearl Harbour isn't a significant naval event...

inb4peopledon'tknowwhatsarcasmis

i hope thats sarcasm 

[TTT]
Supertester
3,637 posts
13,499 battles

Get more xp on captain? Sure! Captains are the one thing you can't freeXP to higher levels and thus perks.

Beta Tester
4,099 posts
732 battles

Wouldn't this idea be better for next year? After all, it will be the 75th anniversary of the attack... it would be perfect for this and other things...

[PMI]
Players
2,339 posts
5,527 battles

Wouldn't this idea be better for next year? After all, it will be the 75th anniversary of the attack... it would be perfect for this and other things...

So for you, birthday party just every 5, 10 and 25 years?

I thought so...

Also, what MrFingers below me says.

Edited by Juanx

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,993 posts

470605332_640.jpg

it's Wargaming EU. It's a whole lot they've offered this weekend, for their doing. Still abysmal and laughable, but it's something...

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

First discount since closed beta (and those don't count because the wipe). Abysmal, but noteworthy because of that.

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

it's Wargaming EU. It's a whole lot they've offered this weekend, for their doing. Still abysmal and laughable, but it's something...

Just curious

Why the hell are you still here? Why are you in any way connected to this game?

You played minimum games in the beta to get a free ship. You played a minimum since the game went to open beta and it doesn't seem you have invested any money in this game. Guess your only premium is from some code since it's the Diana.

So why? Why is your only activity ranting on the forums about the game and telling everyone and their moms that this game is already dead, and post in every negative topic you can find?

• Cool 2

[PORT]
Modder
1,492 posts
10,981 battles

The have a handicraft-competition going on, as well as other competitions. I'm happy. :popcorn:

Beta Tester
1,716 posts

Yea, lets not have a comp that people can do playing the actual game, that's stupid, we don't want players clogging up our nice shiny servers, get em to do some sticking and gluing like a bunch of 5 year olds...............

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,993 posts

Just curious

Why the hell are you still here? Why is your only activity ranting on the forums about the game and telling everyone and their moms that this game is already dead, and post in every negative topic you can find?

Because I have a deep interest in naval ships from the 20th century, and like everyone I have a desire to see this game succeed, and keep a close eye on evolutions for the better. Alas it's nowadays easier to point out the (EU)flaws than the things that do work. And I'm not saying the game is dead, I'm saying that there are a lot of points that need attention to be competitive in 2015, as a multitude of others are saying as well. If you wish to focus on what I say, and are being disturbed by my presence, please feel free to use the ignore list. What gameplay means: I play whenever I've got the time and the fancy to play (having an NA account as well), and I've got no desire to go to the higher tiers, since my favourites are mid and lowtier. No incentive to play, since there is no endgame or mission or... And what I do with my money is my business only. I'm willing to spend, but on my conditions, and since you can't but anything nowadays without getting ripped off, the wallet stays closed until better times/discounts. And I'm not alone with that, I'm a staunch and principal person.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
333 posts
1,327 battles

They do not have enough content in game to be giving ships away or making it too easy to get the higher tier ships..

Next year once they have more tech trees out I am sure we will see better special offers.

Beta Tester
103 posts
2,355 battles

Not really paid too much attention to WoWs specials for a while, in fact, took a break from the game & other MMO's just to play other games for a bit. But really, it'd be nice if they offered the odd discount on things like harbour slots or like WoT, the discounts for ships such as: 50% for tier 1-5, 30% for tiers 6-8 and 15% for tiers 9-10 or something along those lines. Especially those harbour slots! Dammit, I want to buy some old ships back because they're fun to play and I'm too cheap to 300 gold! :teethhappy:

Beta Tester
4,099 posts
732 battles

So for you, birthday party just every 5, 10 and 25 years?

I thought so...

Also, what MrFingers below me says.

Well, forgive me if I merely suggested that "75th Anniversay of the Pearl Harbor attack" sounds better than 74th, for giving the ArizonaSo the 99th anniversay counts exactly as the centenary, I guess...

I merely stated an opinion, that counts only for myself, and has no particular weight; I even used the conditional, because I thought there might be people who understood these things better. If you think it's a wrong opinion, just tell me with some reasons, and I'll agree with you. No reason to be so sarcastic. Jeez...

Edited by Historynerd
  • Cool 1

Weekend Tester
128 posts
3,452 battles

Well, for those of us that remember "Launch" when we were told that launch itself is enough of event, this is stellar improvement for WG EU.

Still garbage of course, but better then being told Pearl Harbor is event in itself and no need for WG EU to do anything about it. I am genuinely surprised they don't have couple of bundles for this occasion, something like:

go and get propeller shaft bundle : Diana, 26785 flags, 1000 dubloons for 500 Euros ;or tzar Putin needs you bundle - 50 flags for 1000 Euros..

Edited by painless
  • Cool 2

Beta Tester
139 posts
5,587 battles

This would have been a good event a month or two after release. But now it seems a big Scroogeish, given that most players won't have any/many tier 2-5s they haven't bought/played through.

We really need tier 6-8 discounts for Christmas. For all classes and nations.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,660 battles

Looking forward to what's going to happen on the NA server. 

Beta Tester
306 posts
3,699 battles

This would have been a good event a month or two after release. But now it seems a big Scroogeish, given that most players won't have any/many tier 2-5s they haven't bought/played through.

We really need tier 6-8 discounts for Christmas. For all classes and nations.

all offers indicate a focus on lower tier ships. Therefore its logical that this is meant for new players. We will have to see if they allocate for their core player base...
Edited by lethalbizzell

[PMI]
Players
2,339 posts
5,527 battles

snip

We are not disagreeing, just looking at it from different angles.

Indeed next year should be like the damn biggest remember since it happened, however this year is also in the row.

Not that WG will try and satsfy any of us mind you...

[UIF]
Players
370 posts
5,504 battles

As title says , the only thing we have got is a discount..... Was expecting a tad more ! like i dont know USS ARIZONA. 

EDIT : i know its the 7th so two days time, hope they do it 

Pearl Harbor was actually not a significant naval event and i say it with no sarcasm. Few historical facts

1)USA knew it was coming and they removed all aircraft carriers

2)Japan accomplished nothing in Pearl Harbor of any tactical not to mention strategical value

3)You can even hardly call it naval battle, because it was an air raid on port. 

• Cool 1

Players
5 posts

Pearl Harbor was actually not a significant naval event and i say it with no sarcasm. Few historical facts

2)Japan accomplished nothing in Pearl Harbor of any tactical not to mention strategical value

Sorry, but you sir, are mental. "USA knew it was coming?". Are you serious? You honestly think it was some kind of inside job? Boy and I thought NA people were bad. "Japan accomplished nothing in Pearl Harbor of any tactical not to mention strategical value" Do you not read books? It excelled overwhelmingly for the IJN, they took out the USN pacific fleet for 6 months which enabled them to strike at various locations across the pacific. The USN carriers were lucky to not be there during the attack. "You can even hardly call it naval battle, because it was an air raid on port" This I actually agree with you, the whole objective was to launch a surprise attack on the U.S pacific fleet. The code word which has become famous "Tora Tora Tora" was given when such surprise was achieved.
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
306 posts
3,699 battles

Sorry, but you sir, are mental. "USA knew it was coming?". Are you serious? You honestly think it was some kind of inside job? Boy and I thought NA people were bad. "Japan accomplished nothing in Pearl Harbor of any tactical not to mention strategical value" Do you not read books? It excelled overwhelmingly for the IJN, they took out the USN pacific fleet for 6 months which enabled them to strike at various locations across the pacific. The USN carriers were lucky to not be there during the attack. "You can even hardly call it naval battle, because it was an air raid on port" This I actually agree with you, the whole objective was to launch a surprise attack on the U.S pacific fleet. The code word which has become famous "Tora Tora Tora" was given when such surprise was achieved.

totally agree, also it was a devastating strike that showed how effective planes and carriers were. Changed naval warfare forever (i think we did something similar earlier though....)

Beta Tester
306 posts
3,699 battles

Your either trolling or need to brush up on your history more. Until 9/11 it was Americas biggest loss of life. It incapacitated pearl harbour for months,restricting the fleet, it showed how effective carriers were.... It BROUGHT THE USA INTO THE WAR. Your view that the Attack on pearl Harbour wasnt significant is LUDICROUS :amazed:

Tactically Japan sealed its fate before the war between it and the US began due to the raid. In the tokyo war trials it was classed as a WAR CRIME. It also sealed Nazi germanies fate as the day after the US became an official ally of Britain in the war, opening two fronts.

Edited by lethalbizzell

Sign in to follow this