Stugga

SIMS turrets destroyed every freakin time

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
266 posts
8,096 battles

As the title says,

In e-v-e-r-y freakin game, I get 1-2 turrets destroyed, having the main turret durability mod. mind you. Wtf? I mean... wtf? - I play all ships, all nations, but my pre-order ship is like.. wtf?.... wtf?

I just now had a game with 3 turrets destroyed..... wtf? --- Battle result, -12k credits in a premium ship cuz hey, wtf dmg you can do with 1 freakin turret?

And yeah, you can see my frustration.

Anyway, is it just me, 5 games in a row now .... or other SIMS' players experience the same wtf turrets destroyed all the time issue?

Edited by Stugga

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,014 posts
8,078 battles

It is the same on all destroyers, hell even my Mogami's 155mm guns get destroyed, i often lose 2-3 (double) turrets. You have to live with it i doubt it will significantly improve in the future.

Beta Tester
266 posts
8,096 battles

1) No, it's not about all ships. As I stated, I play all ships, all nations. up to t10 (in CBT). I hadn't played SIMS for a long time cuz I didn't need credits. I needed some credits now and I played it a few games and boy was I so dissapointed about this issue,cuz I never had a ship so far that its turret(s) gets destroyed each game.

2) Did I say I was killed? No. In fact, in my game with 3 turrets destroyed I was at 95% HP. Overall, I'm at about 50-60% HP, while having 1 or 2 turrets less. Many games, I get rid of the competition (enemy DDs) and as soon as I can say "now I can have fun and get some credits".... wait, turrets destroyed.... - Anyway mate, I have SIMS, that means I was CBT, I even reached the 5% (of the most battles to receive the flags) and blah blah... "You need to learn to get hit less"... seriously? That's your comment/advise? --> lol

Edited by Stugga

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,062 battles

It is the same on all DDs. Only way to stop it is to not get hit.

Beta Tester
468 posts
4,890 battles

It is a very common thing with destroyers. Probably more so as you move up in the tiers as not only do things actually hit you but things that hit you tend to deal more damage and I don't think the turrets as a module gain any real amount of hitpoints. I've had a few times in the Fletcher and Benson where I even managed to lose 2 turrets from one enemy salvo, once without taking any ship damage in the process.

As is said the only way to get around this is to not get hit, and I guess the only second thing you can do is try to get hit in such a way they aim midships and not lengthwise across the ship so it is more likely they miss the turrets since they present a smaller area on the entirety of your ship.

Get a higher tier USN DD or something like a Hatsuharu and you'll notice the Sims is very far from unique. It is one of a few reasons why I run the Benson with 5-guns instead of 4, because losing one or even two turrets is far less crippling than it would've been had I started with one gun less.

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

I've had a few times in the Fletcher and Benson where I even managed to lose 2 turrets from one enemy salvo

How about loosing three of four Gremy's guns when cruiser got couple hits to stern?

Beta Tester
8 posts
1,281 battles

most times if i lose my 2 front turrets its no more fun  you need to get dm en that wont work wit 2 guns to low dm on only 2 guns even whit 4 its low but wit 2 hell no  XD

Edited by ikesoldier