Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ValerioWTF

A turn for the worst

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
6,477 battles

I joined the project much later but I agree with all what you said. I am pessimistic on the longevity of this project, because I see:

1. little effort from WG to attract new players

2. much effort to upset existing players, even if some of it is unintentional

This combo might just kill it off.

• Cool 4

Players
75 posts
2,182 battles

I joined Alpha of WoWS on July 2014.

I remember when I first logged in and I first saw the game....I immediately fell in love with it. The basic idea was the same as WoT, but the responsive team (at that time), the friendly community and the sheer beauty of ships hit me hard.

The game went on and everything looked fine more or less, until about 5/6 months ago.

First, the community team and managers vanished. No direct contact for ages.

Then some balance changes were made against the opinion of the whole community (IJN DD eg).

Then the game was launched. There was no celebration, no incentives to get new players, and again, no response from the team when we warned them about this.

Then the bundles arrived. Direct money-grabbing. (I don't really mind them, but selling ALL the ships in budles only is just RI-DI-CU-LOUS)

Then the specials arrived, or better, they didn't. (just look at the "Tora! Tora! Tora!"  for this weekend where they didn't even put on sale the ships that were historically involved in the attack)

And here we are now.

I also used to be a tester for WoWP and a player of that game, and I'm seeing the same mistakes made here years later. In WoWP they didn't listen to us and look at the pile of rubble it is now.

I still like this game and I'm not the kind of person that goes "OMFG THIS GAME SUX WG FFS", and I never wrote a post like this before, but I can see how this is going to end. But I don't want it to end like WoWP. I want it to be glorious as I know it can be.

Please don't do this.

Don't let it die.

Thanks for coming out!
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
913 posts

Unlike yourself I came at Beta stage but I couldn't have put in better myself for my own experience . I recall how amazed I was when I first saw it and even with the features it was missing I thought it could be released then. Ironically we are still missing the two features I had hoped to see on release(depot/unified account(something that was PROMISED before the release of WoWp for ALL future WG products so a number of years before Warshiips).

• Cool 2

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,059 posts
17,287 battles

But I don't want it to end like WoWP. I want it to be glorious as I know it can be.

Please don't do this.

Don't let it die.

I m afraid somehow they have already decided it wll not fare much better that WoWp and are trying to squeeze as much money as they can as fast as they can.
  • Cool 2

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,221 posts
7,200 battles

well put op and a +1 for you

I set sail in beta and loved the game and could see great potential in it and was amazed by how the beta community worked together to help create a fantastic game

but something went wrong with wg and they pushed ahead and went "live" with the game and suddenly the wows community went from being seen as a help in producing a game into looking like a money pit for wg

we have now been given updates/patches that have ruined carrier and destroyer play and made bb play start and take the same awful slide they did to carriers and dd

content is held back by the constant pushing of wg to add more premium ships in bundles so they can get more money of us

the player base is falling which should not be happening yet as the game is too new and it should be rising

I hate the way basic stuff that should be in the game hasn't been implemented yet ie clans, depot, division chat while in game and tbh so much stuff its crazy why its been left out

we have these so called missions and events and lets be honest here they are complete s**t that will not draw in new players or keep the older player who is getting bored and feels like leaving

I know full well we cant have a perfect game instantly but my god this game was better in beta and for some strange reason felt like it was more fun then as well

look at what we have different from beta to how we are now:

1 class of german and 1 tier of Russian ships

more premium ships

ranked battles

and and and I am struggling to come up with much more that you would class as good content that has been added

wg is failing this game and failing this community to the point where they will create another wowp unless they stop the rot as soon as possible and I believe it can be done because this is just the start of a great game and what could be the best warship game for years to come

• Cool 3

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,989 posts

Exactly those sentiments are the same I am having at this current time. All the suggestions, ameliorations and best intentions that were suggested during CBT are squandered in favour of an easy and shortsighted moneygrab and insulting of those who are here from day one, and invested their time and effort in making the best out it. And virtually all that now is in vein. That's saddening and disheartening to say the least.

@22cm: it's also happening in WoT, so I think it's just about the money, with a possibility that the game will die because of it, not the other way around.

[SCRUB]
Players
581 posts
3,759 battles

I m afraid somehow they have already decided it wll not fare much better that WoWp and are trying to squeeze as much money as they can as fast as they can.

Unfortunately, this...

Players
812 posts
3,454 battles

Exactly those sentiments are the same I am having at this current time. All the suggestions, ameliorations and best intentions that were suggested during CBT are squandered in favour of an easy and shortsighted moneygrab and insulting of those who are here from day one, and invested their time and effort in making the best out it. And virtually all that now is in vein. That's saddening and disheartening to say the least.

@22cm: it's also happening in WoT, so I think it's just about the money, with a possibility that the game will die because of it, not the other way around.

That's my biggest fear too. As soon as it is not worth it anymore, they won't support the game, although it has amazing potential (even e-sports) and could be so much more with some effort. But it seems that WoT was just a stroke of luck and now has a big enough playerbase not to fail. But given the last game and the bad effort in this game, it just seems WG didn't take notes how to communicate with it's playerbase and it's just a cashgrab.

My biggest hope, on the other end, is a strong competitor to force WG to create better products and listen to it's community (it seems we can't force a change from the inside..in 2015!!).

But maybe it's already too late for Warships and our only hope is some other company picking up the idea, after WoWs crashed (<-pessimistic)

WG still has time to react and create a game for the gamer's sake and not just for milking money.

With this thoughts, why would anyone spend money on a sinking ship that doesn't get the effort to be a more than average game?

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,625 battles

Dont know how it was on alpha, i joined this game on CBT as soon as access was available in their shop, as i long waited for this game. Loved it! The comunity was rather small indeed, but those people actually played the game to win, there was a team and even a loss wasnt that painfull, as you saw people putting effort into success, every game was fun and chalenging in its own way. Friendly community you could ask questions to and get multiple answers. I grinded my way to Yamato, it was fun, and in my point of view there were less disbalance and bugs.

OBT killed the fun part of game immediately, as in the first few week i saw nothing but people complaining that this or that particular ship sucked, or that one is op because i cant kill it and so on...The game was swarmed by kids and everyone else who never got the chance to play it in alpha or beta. Thus the circkle of buffs and nerfs began to spin.

Even now, despite so many guides on game mods and ships on WG site, there are people who give 0 effort in looking in to them, resulting in having 0 idea of what to do in particular  game mode (domination especially, as noone seems to bother capping but the enemy team) or ship (the rock-paper-scissors scenario brought to us by WG), and this goes for all tiers 1-10, as i somewhat can understand things be that way up to tiers 5, but on tiers 8-10? Unfortunetly we got to deal with it as there is nothing we mortals can do about it.

• Cool 1

[RATON]
Beta Tester
272 posts
3,524 battles

This. 

I agree with op as well beta I joined and coudnt play enough. Now maybe 1-2 battles every couple days. The lack of clans, depot, unified accounts and the stupid overpriced bundles have done it for me. AW were selling tanks on Black Friday for as little as £3.15 each. Bargain! I got a couple as I wasent being forced to purchase shite I neither want nor need. 

WG you've ruined a great product I think. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players
278 posts
5,033 battles

Right now, I'm crapping in my pants because I don't want to see the game deserted and my money wasted..... :amazed:

Players
812 posts
3,454 battles

Right now, I'm crapping in my pants because I don't want to see the game deserted and my money wasted..... :amazed:

That's one reason why a lot of people on the forum boycott WG's premium store...until we see some effort.

Beta Tester
18 posts
2,630 battles

I have not bought anything since launch, because i dont want the bloody packages i want the ship and i dont need the flags nor the gold.

I bought the Atlanta and the Simms before during the beta but i can barely play them because of the abysmal shell velocity, i really want my money back on those two. 

And yeah it is getting depressing to see how the rest get all kinds of shiny stuff and we get nothing but blatant cash grabs.

I am seriously considering not even buying premium time this year until WG eu get thier ARSE in GEAR.

And if i buy it, it would be for WOT not WOWS, because the current state of the credit economy means that even with premium you barely make money on tier 8. I dont mind barely making money on tier 10 or breaking even with premium but come one tier 8 are you kidding me?

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,315 posts
9,073 battles

The question has been legitimately asked by so many players, on almost all the different servers groups in quite a few of their different games (Wot, Wows, etc.) about why they are continuously bundlings deals for tanks, ships, etc. To date we have not received a single clear answer. Appalling isn't it?

It is obviously very very well known to WG that we have an issue with bundles, they have no case against pleading ignorance, they can never deny knowing about our questions, enquiries, complaints - yet still not a single word from WG on the matter. It only amounts to them being extremely deliberate in their actions. They have no reasonable justification and have offered no explanations. I think perhaps they're trying to raise capital of some kind, because this type of short term money grab amounts to a company in trouble or with serious plans for the future. A slower lower long term income approach will usually pay bills and salaries, but their current business model is a little suspect.

Amazing what even a tiny bit of transparency or honesty from them would achieve. I wouldn't mind a little sincerity from them and would even consider paying a monthly sub for this game because it's potentially a fantastic game and they've made it look gorgeous, but at the  moment my trust and faith in WG is non-existent, and all because their approach is clandestine and overly secrative. Sad hey? They appear quite happy they're pissing off quite a lot of their playerbase.

Edited by jinx_uk
  • Cool 2

Beta Tester
362 posts
826 battles

Have to agree with everything the op says. Although I look at the forum most days I havent posted for ages and havent played for ages either. What I am seeing here is a tragic waste of an opportunity by WG, rather than planning for a long term future they seem to have opted for the short term profit. All the nerfs, buffs and packages since release now seem to point in that direction. Of course we shouldnt expect things to stay the same as they were in beta but the promissed fixes for cheats, the sorting out of team killers and getting on top of community matters has never materialized and I wonder if they will (but thats why I keep watching the forum). I really hope things change but all the time WG is chasing the cash of the cheats and team killers I truly doubt it. Shame.

Edited by Slo_Mo_Shun

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

I agree, there deffnietly are some problems these days. And they all seem to come down to a lack og proper communication.

More of that would be really appreciated, just so it will be easier to solve things together rather than feel like you are left out.