Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Drigtol

Problems:

11 comments in this topic

[FKD-O]
Players
245 posts
8,730 battles

My problems started with No "Ctrl", working, not since the patch, so cannot designate priority secondary targets. It also seems they have reduced the damage my ammunition can do, I am hitting ships (lets say my cat "Sandy" could do more damage at 1000 km) below, above, the water line, broadsides. while the damage done to my ships, while even when my ship is head on, is half to almost all my points, BBs, Cruisers, DDs, it doesn't matter which one of my ships, and in their first salvo.

Then there is the Matchmaking, my V "New York", just a few minutes ago, was up against VII "Calarodos" + "Fusos" + "Pensacolas" ... Which is routine now. Anyone knowing V against VII, knows the range, armour, in simple terms, the V doesn't stand a chance. Add DDs, Torp & Bomber aircraft against a V BB. There is no contest.

Add the Red BBs, Cruisers, DDs, Aircraft Carriers, that are "Invisible", without smoke or land mass, but can see and shell my ships, even when I'm behind hills or mountains ...

There is more, but basically, why make an unplayable game?

What is the point of "Ranked Battles" It's like a massive joke on customers ...

[CATS]
Players
14,747 posts
10,882 battles

With these massive amounts of "problems", I can only conclude that the real problem sits before the keyboard.

Btw. if you delete the preference file, WoWs will create a new one when starting the game. There is a good chance that CTRL will work again.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,266 posts
2,557 battles

My problems started with No "Ctrl", working, not since the patch, so cannot designate priority secondary targets. It also seems they have reduced the damage my ammunition can do, I am hitting ships (lets say my cat "Sandy" could do more damage at 1000 km) below, above, the water line, broadsides. while the damage done to my ships, while even when my ship is head on, is half to almost all my points, BBs, Cruisers, DDs, it doesn't matter which one of my ships, and in their first salvo.

Then there is the Matchmaking, my V "New York", just a few minutes ago, was up against VII "Calarodos" + "Fusos" + "Pensacolas" ... Which is routine now. Anyone knowing V against VII, knows the range, armour, in simple terms, the V doesn't stand a chance. Add DDs, Torp & Bomber aircraft against a V BB. There is no contest.

Add the Red BBs, Cruisers, DDs, Aircraft Carriers, that are "Invisible", without smoke or land mass, but can see and shell my ships, even when I'm behind hills or mountains ...

There is more, but basically, why make an unplayable game?

What is the point of "Ranked Battles" It's like a massive joke on customers ...

Have you at least re-installed your game? That usually fixes these problems.

For the rest read up on the game mechanics, how spotting and damage works.

Edited by praetor_jax

[FKD-O]
Players
245 posts
8,730 battles

With these massive amounts of "problems", I can only conclude that the real problem sits before the keyboard.

Btw. if you delete the preference file, WoWs will create a new one when starting the game. There is a good chance that CTRL will work again.

Yep heard this before, it's me the player, yet I sink 7 ships, I repeatedly got citadel hits, I've researched and had VII + ... Saved Battles from being lost, and so on and so on. Now though, I hit Red ships the same way, or the noobs, on their BBs broadside at say 9 km, with my Fusos AP, and see a very very very slim white line of their heath as it goes down, my front is hit, I'm down 1/2 to 3/4 health and that could be from as far as 15 km ... this now becoming more routine. And why the sudden change in matchmaking? I'm now regularly up against, mostly, VIIs in my Vs ...

Ctrl was working fine, till recently, I did not change any of my settings ...

[FKD-O]
Players
245 posts
8,730 battles

Have you at least re-installed your game? That usually fixes these problems.

For the rest read up on the game machanics, how spotting and damage works.

I will consider your comment, thank you ...

[CATS]
Players
14,747 posts
10,882 battles

The MM was always like this. Maybe you did not notice because your battles went fine. If battles go bad, people tend to blame others or the circumstances.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,088 battles

Yep heard this before, it's me the player, yet I sink 7 ships, I repeatedly got citadel hits, I've researched and had VII + ... Saved Battles from being lost, and so on and so on. Now though, I hit Red ships the same way, or the noobs, on their BBs broadside at say 9 km, with my Fusos AP, and see a very very very slim white line of their heath as it goes down, my front is hit, I'm down 1/2 to 3/4 health and that could be from as far as 15 km ... this now becoming more routine. And why the sudden change in matchmaking? I'm now regularly up against, mostly, VIIs in my Vs ...

Ctrl was working fine, till recently, I did not change any of my settings ...

Apart from your technical problem your complaint about the game probably needs to be addressed from within (ColonelPete was a little harsh but on the right line). Your statistics show you do below average in your battles, yes, you may very well be a hero in one or two, but you need more of that in every battle. Try swapping between AP and HE more often to gauge damage dealt,

As for MM, nothing odd at all in the 3 tier spread, in fact being the bottom tiered ship gives you much more XP as long as you do your bit.

But...... Why are you asking these questions with over 2500 battles? You must have learnt the quirks of this game by now?

[FKD-O]
Players
245 posts
8,730 battles

Apart from your technical problem your complaint about the game probably needs to be addressed from within (ColonelPete was a little harsh but on the right line). Your statistics show you do below average in your battles, yes, you may very well be a hero in one or two, but you need more of that in every battle. Try swapping between AP and HE more often to gauge damage dealt,

As for MM, nothing odd at all in the 3 tier spread, in fact being the bottom tiered ship gives you much more XP as long as you do your bit.

But...... Why are you asking these questions with over 2500 battles? You must have learnt the quirks of this game by now?

Very well, lets deal with this in a mature manner ...

First, there is the *Lag problem, which tends mostly to happen, when I engage in combat with a red. The *Lag, usually causes my shells to fall behind a target, while the reds shells are right on target and as you may understand soon sends my ship to the bottom. There is also the ramming of my ship into any nearby land, making me a "sitting duck" as they say, also, when turning my guns, I have noticed my ship then suddenly turns, without a key being pressed, this then puts my guns back off target, giving the reds ship time to do enough damage, that ...

Next is the supposed supporting green team members. Like today in battle--Saturday 5th, aprox 2.30 pm, I followed the group to the West side of the map, they engaged in combat with the red team. As soon as I arrived, I engaged, and came under fire, checking my map, I found that within seconds of my firing on the reds, my team mates had All ran back to base, and were chasing after a single red DD, 7 greens, chasing after a single red, which took these team mates some Considerable time to destroy. Which surprised me, given I could see the DD, from over 15 km away, while the 7 greens where right next to him. I managed to hold back the reds, even forcing them to fall back, before I had no choice, due to severe damage, to fall back myself. In most cases, it is thanks to my team mates, deserting in the face of the enemy, that results in my ships loses/low score. This being a regular thing. I may start posting the videos of what I say, on YouTube.

Since the update and patch, I have noted that my "Ctrl" assigning priority targets does not work,  my shells are not as powerful as they once were. My German Cruiser is slower and less manoeuvrable, as there is a notable difference with the Cleveland.

I have been playing internet multiplayer games from the beginning of their time, as with the first home computer, and on the internet from the beginning. I am ex-military, also an ex University student of: Games Virtual Reality and Artificial Intelligence.

Lets say, I like challenges, I like honest games ...

Edited by Drigtol

Beta Tester
170 posts
3,612 battles

I have noticed som odd things happening with spotting, sometimes I get hammered when I am not spotted or have been for awhile, other times I see shots coming out of nowhere, then all of a sudden a ship pops op. 

Also sometimes my aim, seems to be "off", shots that normally connects, misses, it is really frustrading, I can not find any problems on my end and the ping to the server looks fine, not much jitter, no dataloss and a 35ms ping. And it can be really bad in one battle and no problem in the next. 

As for the teammates, wellll, they are the worst part of the game, sometimes. Not sure some people play this game, because as soon as an enemy pops up, they turn around and run?

One other thing I have noticed is, sometimes I will hit people with HE rounds, I see the shots take out AA guns (little black icon) but they take no damage? Not sure if I just have been an AP whore for too long :-)

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,682 posts
5,569 battles

- if your shots fall behind them due to lag, why not compensate by aiming slightly further ahead?

- the crashing into islands is due to the auto avoidance - where you have 2 land masses (e.g. a corridor between 2 islands), the auto avoidance tried to steer you away from one and ends up making you crash into the other. This has been an issue since CBT, but luckily it's easily resolvable; you can turn it off in settings.

-regarding team mates, most are not that useful, but the same applies to the enemy team. In the situation you described, having 7 team members chase down 1 DD isn't very useful, but you didn't behave very sensibly either.  You state that after engaging you noticed they had all gone back to Base.  You really should be checking the mini map ~ every 5 seconds, and thus be able to see that your team are turning around. If it comes as a suprise to you that your team mates are now somewhere else then you aren't being aware of your surroundings enough. If you play a BB you need to know what's going on about 2 mins in the future since you're slow at moving/turning

Since all your team mates had left, why did you choose to engage multiple enemies on your own? If you had fallen back with your team you'd have 8 ships to attack the enemy with once they'd killed that destroyer, and could have continued firing while withdrawing, pulling the enemy into your teams guns. Instead you held them up for a bit, at the cost of nearly losing your ship.

What your team did wasn't correct, but what you did wasn't correct either. It would be nice if all 8 of you could have broken through that flank, but if 7 of them have already left, why did you try breaking through on your own?

Players
19 posts
8,553 battles

I think OP is a little more aware than most and not only a ltp issue. 1 or 2 patches ago they fixed a bug with the shells pemetrating the casemate armor only but still did full citadel damage. So there you go , now your shells got to contend with the full citadelarmor and its harder to reliably penetrate many citadels. Espesially cruisers benefit from this fix. 

You are also getting shelled from invisible forces because your being spotted by a destroyer that is still outside hes detection range thus you cannot see him.

Further the ships fireing is close to their max fireing range with the advanced fireing skill and is also not spotted even with fireing penalty to their detection radius. This is popular known as invisifire. It is very easy to fire behind islands at long range. This is known as plunging fire.

Some ships like the cleveland and Nicol Bolas i mean Nicholas have high arcs on their fire and can rain hell upon thee even much closer when your hiding behind an island or he is.

I hope this helps you understand the rules a little better wich is the first step in improving as a player. Good luck Captain.

Sign in to follow this