You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Paper Ship Competition Submission Thread

292 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,041 posts
3,223 battles

As you will have seen, we are running an awesome paper ship competition: http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/community/eoy-2015-paper-ship/

Please submit your entries in this thread.

Kindly keep all discussion strictly on-topic or your posts will be deleted.

Have fun! :bajan:

• Cool 5

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,648 posts
7,759 battles

Well since we already know who's the winner of the best ship I might as well try my luck at the funniest one...It's mostly made out of a single piece of paper anyway :-D

OA3bKe4.png

Edited by domen3
  • Cool 3

Players
1 post
93 battles

HNxWkg9.png?1

VBY5QqU.png?1

All the above images have copyright upon them as they were made through my buisness. These cannot be redistributed (unless permission given to do so)

The first ship is a rendition of a U.S Coast Guard type vessel. (Took around 3-4 days alongside the Coast Guard which was made at work)

I hope you enjoy the images.

[World Of Warship logos located on the Starboard side on both vessels]

[i used 140GSM Matt Paper and used gloss paper with much higher degree of fineness]

- Regards

• Account Email james.somerville99@hotmail.com
  • Server - EU
  • IGN - Sir_James_Somervillie11
Edited by Sir_James_Somerville11
  • Cool 1

Players
1,064 posts
4,944 battles

I guess my French DD Jaguar doesn't qualify as it has brass fittings, and it doesn't sport the WoWs logo. Too bad...

dscf4210.jpg

[T-N-T]
Players
3,315 posts
14,899 battles

Well since we already know who's the winner of the best ship I might as well try my luck at the funniest one...It's mostly made out of a single piece of paper anyway :-D

OA3bKe4.png

I'm considering posting something in this vein. :D

Beta Tester
1 post
2,014 battles

Well, it might not be the best or the funniest paper ship but it's definitely the tiniest!!! :D

I made it almost a year ago when I was bored during a lesson. It's around 3mm long and it sails inside a zip bag :P

x54s21g.jpg

• Cool 1

[-NFG-]
Players
211 posts
7,595 battles

^ Nothing at all wrong with that.  It's clearly a Umikaze.

...what, you didn't expect to SEE it did you?

Beta Tester
20 posts
16,209 battles

As you will have seen, we are running an awesome paper ship competition: http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/community/eoy-2015-paper-ship/

Please submit your entries in this thread.

Kindly keep all discussion strictly on-topic or your posts will be deleted.

Have fun! :bajan:

I sadly dont belive in WG contests anymore since halloween when i won a fujin in wg stream and never got the ship because the wg employee either waz lazy to create a EU account to deliver the shipp or he simply didnt give 2 sh1ts about this.

Supertester
2,062 posts
4,060 battles

Are using regular tape and glue allowed? As in to stick paper items together, and not as a building material?

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,386 posts
12,087 battles

I'm not so good at arts and crafts

BeU4Gfv.jpg

MudMurfin

WoW!!! You have made an excellent first start making a Jap cruiser!! This is not only the model of but the ACTUAL citadel armor of them!! You could make it even more realistic by making the paper soaked wet. It seems far too strong at this moment compared to my battle experience in all Jap cruisers! :teethhappy::great:

Players
820 posts
3,724 battles

Short question about the rules:

adhesive/glue is allowed (really hope so)?

can we paint the paper on pc and print, or does it only count when we paint it ourselves (i think i have some coloured pencils left, somewhere...)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
134 posts
6,324 battles

can we paint the paper on pc and print, or does it only count when we paint it ourselves (i think i have some coloured pencils left, somewhere...)

Good questions !

Weekend Tester
1,116 posts
28,994 battles

Also waiting for an answer to that....

[-ZF-]
Beta Tester
3 posts
4,018 battles

HNxWkg9.png?1

VBY5QqU.png?1

All the above images have copyright upon them as they were made through my buisness. These cannot be redistributed (unless permission given to do so)

The first ship is a rendition of a U.S Coast Guard type vessel. (Took around 3-4 days alongside the Coast Guard which was made at work)

I hope you enjoy the images.

[World Of Warship logos located on the Starboard side on both vessels]

[i used 140GSM Matt Paper and used gloss paper with much higher degree of fineness]

- Regards

• Account Email james.somerville99@hotmail.com
  • Server - EU
  • IGN - Sir_James_Somervillie11

I'm not saying you are a lair but as far as i can tell that is an existing paper kit for an Italian navy corvette, which confuses me to as why you would say its a US coast guard boat instead 

especially with those photos you have used been previously online for at least 3 years

Hear is a link to a site with the photos you have used and this is a link to a Russian paper model site that you can download the PDF for the model.

• Cool 1

[YJKG]
Players
488 posts
21,084 battles

Not sure if fishing wire for the funzies effect is legit.... if it isn't I'll just remove it. (it's just part of the bonus plane effect!) Sorry for the big picture. ^^; (If a mod could size it down a bit that'd be amazing btw!) I may paint her up when I have natural light... Until then; please enjoy my abomination! (EU: Tirande)

Carrier

• Cool 3

Players
1,064 posts
4,944 battles

Is a repaint/modification of an existing paper model acceptable for the best ship contest? You're asking us a hell of a job if you want us to design a realistic paper model on our own...

Players
1 post
1,778 battles

IMG_0094.JPG

ignore that is upside down but i'm do my best!

email:gustavonoshiro@gmail.com

world of warships username:labmon

IMG_0094.JPG

[AXIS]
Players
718 posts
12,547 battles

I'm not saying you are a lair but as far as i can tell that is an existing paper kit for an Italian navy corvette, which confuses me to as why you would say its a US coast guard boat instead 

especially with those photos you have used been previously online for at least 3 years

Hear is a link to a site with the photos you have used and this is a link to a Russian paper model site that you can download the PDF for the model.

allow me then. you´re a liar

you could´ve at least gone through the effort and photoshopped a WoWs logo on there 

• Cool 1